FESTIVITIES TO GO OFF WITH BANG.Byline: Tere Marshall Daily News Staff Writer
Fourth of July Fourth of July, Independence Day, or July Fourth, U.S. holiday, commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence. Celebration of it began during the American Revolution. festivities fes·tiv·i·ty
n. pl. fes·tiv·i·ties
1. A joyous feast, holiday, or celebration; a festival.
2. The pleasure, joy, and gaiety of a festival or celebration.
3. in Santa Clarita will run all day Saturday and into the night. The following is a schedule of events open to the public:
A Rotary pancake breakfast will begin at 7 a.m. behind the Gilded gild 1
tr.v. gild·ed or gilt , gild·ing, gilds
1. To cover with or as if with a thin layer of gold.
2. To give an often deceptively attractive or improved appearance to.
3. Rose Thrift Shop at Fifth Street and San Fernando Road San Fernando Road is a major street in the city and county of Los Angeles. It starts off in Castaic as The Old Road, passing through Santa Clarita and the Newhall Pass, where upon its intersection with Sierra Highway near the junction of the Golden State (I-5) and the in Newhall.
A holiday race will begin at 8 a.m. at Hart Park, 24151 San Fernando Road, and will follow the same route as the Fourth of July Parade - north on Walnut Street to Lyons Avenue, west to Orchard Village Road, east on Dalbey Drive and ending at Newhall Park.
The parade will begin at 9:45 a.m. along the same route.
The Santa Clarita Country Fair will begin at 9:45 a.m. at Newhall Park during the parade and will continue until 6 p.m. with live entertainment, silent and live auctions, prizes, carnival games, rides and refreshments. Proceeds will go to the revitalization of the Newhall Elementary and Hart High School Hart High School may refer to:
An ice-cream social with the Santa Clarita City Council is scheduled for noon to 2 p.m. at Newhall Park.
Tri-tip barbecue will be served from 1 to 5 p.m. at the Veterans of Foreign Wars post, 16208 Sierra Highway, Canyon Country. Tickets are $5 for adults, $2 for kids. Highlights include a free dunk tank, kissing booth and a ``jail.''
Agua Dulce will host a festival starting at 4 p.m. at the community air park, 33638 Agua Dulce Canyon Road, featuring entertainment, food booths, a disc jockey, a military aircraft display and fireworks fireworks: see pyrotechnics.
Explosives or combustibles used for display. Of ancient Chinese origin, fireworks evidently developed out of military rockets and explosive missiles and accompanied the spread of military explosives westward to . Tickets are $7, and children 5 and under are admitted free.