As the old expression goes, "If you don't know Don't know (DK, DKed)
"Don't know the trade." A Street expression used whenever one party lacks knowledge of a trade or receives conflicting instructions from the other party. where you're going, any road will get you there." To move forward successfully, ACTE ACTE Association for Career and Technical Education (formerly American Vocational Association)
ACTE Association of Corporate Travel Executives
ACTE Approvals Committee for Terminal Equipment
ACTE Anodal Closure Tetanus must have a vision of where it wants to go. It must define who it is, whom it serves and what its destination is. While this is easy to say and write, the process of creating a vision and a roadmap for achieving that vision takes time, hard work and much discussion.
In December 2001, the ACTE Board of Directors embarked on a strategic planning Strategic planning is an organization's process of defining its strategy, or direction, and making decisions on allocating its resources to pursue this strategy, including its capital and people. process that would create a roadmap that will enable them to enhance their influential leadership position in the career and technical education profession and to efficiently and effectively serve its members. With the assistance of an expert facilitator, the Board employed a comprehensive process that included member focus groups, member surveys and several Board retreats.
The result of this yearlong year·long
Lasting one year.
Adj. 1. yearlong - lasting through a year; "attending yearlong courses"
long - primarily temporal sense; being or indicating a relatively great or greater than average duration or effort is a Strategic Plan that will guide the association into the future. The plan will be tied directly into the annual budget and program of work and will be reviewed regularly by the Board. The plan will serve as an umbrella for the ACTE Regions and Divisions of ACTE and bring the entire profession together so that our resources are efficiently utilized.
The ACTE Strategic Plan is a living document. Just as the world around us does not stand still, so too must this plan evolve as challenges and opportunities are placed before the association and the CTE (Coefficient of Thermal Expansion) The difference between the way two materials expand when heat is applied. This is very critical when chips are mounted to printed circuit boards, because the silicon chip expands at a different rate than the plastic board. profession. The value of the Strategic Plan is that it provides the framework for the ACTE leadership to anticipate and respond to events, trends and new ideas "New Ideas" is the debut single by Scottish New Wave/Indie Rock act The Dykeenies. It was first released as a Double A-side with "Will It Happen Tonight?" on July 17, 2006. The band also recorded a video for the track. .
The ACTE Strategic Plan is a three-year plan The Three-Year Plan of Reconstructing the Economy (Polish: Trzyletni Plan Odbudowy Gospodarki) was a centralized plan created by the Polish communist government to rebuild Poland after the devastation of the Second World War. that will be annually reassessed, updated and fine-tuned. The plan is the roadmap to our future. The ACTE Strategic Plan presented on this page is a top-level outline of the complete plan. For each of the seven Strategic Goals listed on this page, the plan specifies broad objectives and numerous specific strategies to achieve the goals. The complete ACTE Strategic Plan is available on the ACTE Web site.
I urge all ACTE members to become familiar with the plan, and I encourage you to contact the ACTE Board or me with your comments and suggestions as we move forward toward our destination.
ACTE Strategic Plan
Core Purpose (the association's reason for being)
* To provide leadership in developing an educated, prepared and competitive workforce
Core Values (set of timeless timeless,
adj infinite, enduring, endless. guiding principles)
* Advocacy: ACTE believes that the field of career and technical education needs a strong voice at the local, state and national levels toy support its importance to learners and to promote public awareness of that value in a competitive economy.
* Diversity: ACTE seeks and values diversity among its members and the students its members serve.
* Lifelong Learning Lifelong learning is the concept that "It's never too soon or too late for learning", a philosophy that has taken root in a whole host of different organisations. Lifelong learning is attitudinal; that one can and should be open to new ideas, decisions, skills or behaviors. : ACTE embraces the concept of lifelong learning and recognizes its importance to remaining competitive in a constantly changing environment.
* Collaboration: ACTE understands that it cannot accomplish its purpose without the strong support and partnership of other individuals and groups who share its vision.
* Accountability: ACTE supports the concept of accountability and encourages members and their organizations to develop the means to demonstrate their active contributions to the nation's learners.
* Service: ACTE encourages the individual commitment of its members to the organization and the profession of career and technical education.
Strategic Goals (timeless, unbounded statements describing the conditions or attributes to be attained)
Goal 1: Advocacy
ACTE is recognized in the public policy arena as the voice of career and technical education.
Goal 2: Professional Competency COMPETENCY, evidence. The legal fitness or ability of a witness to be heard on the trial of a cause. This term is also applied to written or other evidence which may be legally given on such trial, as, depositions, letters, account-books, and the like.
ACTE members have the knowledge and skills they need to be effective and successful.
Goal 3: Strategic Alliances
ACTE fosters strategic alliances that enhance career and technical education.
Goal 4: Recognition of CTE
The public understands the contributions of career and technical education to helping learners fulfill ful·fill also ful·fil
tr.v. ful·filled, ful·fill·ing, ful·fills also ful·fils
1. To bring into actuality; effect: fulfilled their promises.
2. their working potential.
Goal 5: Organizational Effectiveness Organizational effectiveness is the concept of how effective an organization is in achieving the outcomes the organization intends to produce. The idea of organizational effectiveness is especially important for non-profit organizations as most people who donate money to non-profit
ACTE is an effectively governed gov·ern
v. gov·erned, gov·ern·ing, gov·erns
1. To make and administer the public policy and affairs of; exercise sovereign authority in.
2. , diversely funded, efficiently managed organization that focuses its resources to address the evolving needs of its members.
Goal 6: Information Resource
ACTE will have the necessary information and knowledge about its members, and their fields to anticipate and respond in a constantly changing environment.
Goal 7: Leadership Development
ACTE will develop within its membership a broad-based pool of prepared leaders committed to strengthening both the organization and its goals.