Europe IP storage initiative.
The Storage Networking Industry Association An association of producers and consumers of storage networking products, whose goal is to further storage networking technology and applications. The Storage Networking Industry Association, or SNIA Europe (SNIA (Storage Networking Industry Association, San Francisco, CA, www.snia.org) An organization devoted to the advancement of mission critical storage systems. Founded in 1997, its goal is to determine the standards that must be developed to allow hosts and storage systems to interact via Europe) today announced the formation of the IP Storage Initiative (IPSI IPSI Institute for Integrated Publication and Information Systems (GMD, Germany)
IPSI Ikatan Pencak Silat Indonesia (national governing body for the Indonesian martial art of Pencak Silat) ). The SNIA Europe IPSI has been formed to evangelise, market, promote and accelerate the adoption of standards-based block storage networking solutions that utilise IP networks. At the IPSI committee's first meeting at SNW SNW Snow
SNW Strange New Worlds (Star Trek)
SNW Social Networking Website
SNW Sub Networks
SNW Storage Networking World Europe in Frankfurt last week, Russ Johnson from Adaptec was elected to chair the initiative by IPSI's founding members: ACAL ACAL Asociación de Archiveros de Castilla Y León (Castille and Leon, Spain)
ACAL Academia de Ciencias de América Latina (Spanish: Academy of Sciences of Latin America, Venezuela) , Adaptee, Brocade, Cisco Systems, FM, hps, McDsta, Network Appliance and RELData. Mantled Buchmann of Network Appliance and Waiter Dey of Cisco Systems were elected to serve as vice chairs.
About the SNIA Europe IPS Initiative The IP Storage Initiative is focused on driving the broad adoption of IP-based SAN storage solutions. The committee fulfills its mission by:
* Promoting IP storage, its standards, and the industries' implementation of these standards
* Promoting the value of IP Storage solutions to the industry and its customers
* Accelerating the SNIA's evolution to a worldwide organisation embracing all storage networking technologies
* Conducting and promoting interoperability demonstrations and plug-fests.
* Conducting and engaging SNIA committees, to accomplish extensive education and end user outreach programmes.