Environmental scan findings revealed at ASAE Nashville 1998.The ASAE ASAE American Society of Association Executives
ASAE American Society of Agricultural Engineers (Society for Engineering in Agricultural, Food, and Biological Systems)
ASAE Alkali-Sulfite-Anthraquinone-Ethanol Foundation's environmental scan research points to a future where serving the changing needs of the association community will require extending the current interpretation of "available association resources." It will certainly begin to include creating new alliances where old competitions once ruled, expanding existing supplier relationships into true partnerships, and maximizing the partners' intellectual capital, not just their financial support. This broadened view of resources reflects the changing organizational cultures This article or section is written like an .
Please help [ rewrite this article] from a neutral point of view.
Mark blatant advertising for , using . of associations.
Eight education sessions on the environmental scan were held at ASAE Nashville 1998. Each peer-to-peer, interactive session was targeted to a different audience - from the small professional association to the convention and visitors bureau to the large trade association.
Participants reviewed the ASAE Foundation's environmental scan executive summary entitled en·ti·tle
tr.v. en·ti·tled, en·ti·tling, en·ti·tles
1. To give a name or title to.
2. To furnish with a right or claim to something: Facing the Future: Preparing Your Association to Thrive. They explored the 14 future trends and other key findings identified from the environmental scan research and discussed ways to better assess the needs and operations of their associations and members. Participants learned to plan for, implement, and manage future changes facing their organizations and left the session with skills and tools needed to begin strategic planning Strategic planning is an organization's process of defining its strategy, or direction, and making decisions on allocating its resources to pursue this strategy, including its capital and people. with their boards of directors and staffs.
Peg Scherbarth, regional director of sales, Walt Disney Noun 1. Walt Disney - United States film maker who pioneered animated cartoons and created such characters as Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck; founded Disneyland (1901-1966)
Disney, Walter Elias Disney Attractions, Washington, D.C., conducted the environmental scan education session for hospitality executives at the annual meeting. According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. Scherbarth, "The ASAE Foundation's environmental scan executive summary is a 'must read' for all suppliers to the association industry. It's a tremendous tool to assist us in strategically positioning our product to the buyers of the future. But, more importantly, it provides a blueprint on how we can recreate ourselves to grow and sustain successful business partnerships with our association clients."
Facing the Future: Preparing Your Association to Thrive is available via ASAE fax-on-demand (document 10203) and on the Foundation Web site. The expanded environmental scan report, a component of the upcoming Association Futures Toolkit, will be available in December.
Other toolkit components, available next spring, include background planning information, presentation materials, and exercises that are useful to the entire association community. They will give you step-by-step instructions on how to
* conduct an environmental scan,
* choose which issues are critical to planning for your organization, and
* do strategic planning and thinking.
For more information, call Michelle Mason, (202) 626-2752.
A Thought Provoker Noun 1. provoker - someone who deliberately foments trouble; "she was the instigator of their quarrel"
inciter, instigant, instigator, firebrand
ringleader - a person who leads (especially in illicit activities) ...
Review your association's existing supplier relationships. Investigate how your organization could be using their intellectual capital to support, augment aug·ment
v. aug·ment·ed, aug·ment·ing, aug·ments
1. To make (something already developed or well under way) greater, as in size, extent, or quantity: , and advance the fulfillment ful·fill also ful·fil
tr.v. ful·filled, ful·fill·ing, ful·fills also ful·fils
1. To bring into actuality; effect: fulfilled their promises.
2. of member needs. Invent an environment for intellectual contribution and dialogue between the association staff and its supplier contacts.
A note to scan panelists:
The ASAE Foundation thanks all panelists for participating on the environmental scan trend-analysis panels in Washington, D.C., Chicago, and Los Angeles Los Angeles (lôs ăn`jələs, lŏs, ăn`jəlēz'), city (1990 pop. 3,485,398), seat of Los Angeles co., S Calif.; inc. 1850. . It is with contributions like yours that the success of the ASAE Foundation research efforts will be guaranteed.