Enerit to Enable Rome and Milan Airports to Reduce Overall Energy Usage.
Galway, Ireland, February 24, 2012 --(PR.com)-- Enerit have recently partnered with a number of Europe-wide energy specialists within the CASCADE project for energy efficient airports.
CASCADE, led by the prestigious Fraunhofer Institute, Europe's largest application-oriented research organisation, provides a number of technology-based solutions for airports to reduce energy use in systems such as refrigeration refrigeration, process for drawing heat from substances to lower their temperature, often for purposes of preservation. Refrigeration in its modern, portable form also depends on insulating materials that are thin yet effective. , lighting, under-floor heating, HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) In the home or small office with a handful of computers, HVAC is more for human comfort than the machines. In large datacenters, a humidity-free room with a steady, cool temperature is essential for the trouble-free , etc. The project will include the identification of low and no-cost energy saving opportunities.
CASCADE also provides robust web-based energy management software tools for action tracking and energy benchmarking. Within this project, Enerit ISO (1) See ISO speed.
(2) (International Organization for Standardization, Geneva, Switzerland, www.iso.ch) An organization that sets international standards, founded in 1946. The U.S. member body is ANSI. 50001 software is being installed at Milan Malpensa Airport and Rome Fiumicino Airport.
CASCADE has developed a measurement-based, technology neutral, fault detection approach for the development of ICT (1) (Information and Communications Technology) An umbrella term for the information technology field. See IT.
(2) (International Computers and Tabulators) See ICL.
1. (testing) ICT - In Circuit Test. solutions that can integrate with existing Building Automation Systems and Building Management Systems. CASCADE will develop facility-specific operational guidelines for the radical reduction of energy consumption (20%) and CO2 emissions (20%) of EU-27 Airports. It will do this through;
1) Engaging the airport staff, determining their needs, and motivating them;
2) Integrating ICT technologies with present ICT/Energy systems at airports;
3) Collecting data on user operation and equipment performance;
4) Applying fault detection methods across operational scenarios and equipment performance benchmarks;
5) Making an Energy Action Plan that links actors, actions, and ISO standards based on airport facility specific data and providing cost/benefit analysis (kWh, CO2, Euros).
Enerit will have significant involvement within this project through the application of the Enerit ISO 50001 software for airports. In summary, this cloud-based software will help the CASCADE partners to manage their energy usage according to ISO 50001 principles.
Enerit ISO 50001 software introduces two key benefits to customers:
-Helping implement energy savings of 10% to 20% through no/low cost measures
-Increased staff cooperation and reduced workload in implementing good energy practices that comply within the ISO 50001 approach.
Alongside Enerit, partners include; again the Fraunhofer Istitute, PSE PSE
1. pale soft exudative pork.
2. portosystemic encephalopathy. AG, D[acute accent]Appolonia S.p.A., National University of Ireland, Galway, SENSUS Mi Italia S.r.l, Societa per azioni Esercizi Aeroportuali SEA Spa, Institut Mihajlo Pupin and Aeroporti di Roma Spa.
To find out more about Enerit ISO 500001 visit www.enerit.com.
Eimear O' Brien
353 091 709830
Contact via Email