EZchip Technologies and Enigma Semiconductor Complete Interoperability Testing.
NP-2 Network Processor and HybriCore Chipsets Combine to Power Scalable Triple Play Network Infrastructure Solutions
SANTA CLARA Santa Clara, city, Cuba
Santa Clara (sän`tä klä`rä), city (1994 est. pop. 217,000), capital of Villa Clara prov., central Cuba. , Calif. -- Enigma Semiconductor, an emerging technology leader in next-generation switching silicon, and EZchip Technologies (a subsidiary of LanOptics Ltd., (NASDAQ NASDAQ
in full National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations
U.S. market for over-the-counter securities. Established in 1971 by the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD), NASDAQ is an automated quotation system that reports on :LNOP)), a fabless semiconductor company A fabless semiconductor company specializes in the design and sale of hardware devices implemented on semiconductor chips. It achieves an advantage by outsourcing the fabrication of the devices to a specialized semiconductor manufacturer called a semiconductor foundry or "fab. providing high-speed network processors, today announced they have completed testing and verified interoperability of their complementary product offering. EZchip's NP-2 network processor and Enigma's HybriCore integrated switch chipset combine to offer industry-leading scalability in terms of system performance and per user services. This combination of attributes makes it a compelling solution for system companies developing network equipment that supports the emerging spectrum of voice, video and data ("triple play") services.
A typical line card configuration of the joint solution consists of the NP-2 network processor and a device from Enigma Semiconductor's EN6200 family of fabric manager devices. These two devices are interconnected via an industry-standard SPI (1) (Stateful Packet Inspection) See stateful inspection.
(2) (Service Provider Interface) The programming interface for developing Windows drivers under WOSA. 4.2 interface. A detailed test report and an interoperable reference system are available.
The "best of breed" combination of Enigma and EZchip gives system architects a flexible and highly scalable solution for future-proofing their next generation switch designs. Because the HybriCore architecture is protocol agnostic ag·nos·tic
a. One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God.
b. One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.
2. , it allows customers to build value-added features through customization and programmability of EZchip's NP-2 that integrates 10-Gigabit duplex network processing and traffic management.
New bandwidth-hungry IP services are expected to drive the demand for network equipment. According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. Infonetics Research, the number of IPTV (Internet Protocol TV) Also called "TV over IP," IPTV delivers scheduled TV programs and video-on-demand (VOD) via the IP protocol and digital streaming techniques used to watch video on the Internet. subscribers worldwide is expected to reach nearly 70M subscribers by 2009 and 24M subscribers in North America North America, third largest continent (1990 est. pop. 365,000,000), c.9,400,000 sq mi (24,346,000 sq km), the northern of the two continents of the Western Hemisphere. will be using VoIP equipment by 2008.
"Service providers need to know that the system platforms they deploy today will be viable when supporting mainstream IP-based services, regardless of the number of subscribers, the bandwidth required per user and the variety of traffic and services that are deployed," said Rob Sturgill, president and CEO (1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board. of Enigma Semiconductor.
Using HybriCore, system architects can take advantage of the industry's densest, highest performance switch coupled tightly with a traffic manager - or mix of traffic managers -- that delivers the functionality that best addresses the system requirements To be used efficiently, all computer software needs certain hardware components or other software resources to be present on a computer system. These pre-requisites are known as (computer) system requirements and are often used as a guideline as opposed to an absolute rule. . This approach streamlines the design of these next generation switches that must support triple play applications including IPTV, VLANs, VoIP, Internet traffic Internet traffic is the flow of data around the Internet. It includes web traffic, which is the amount of that data that is related to the World Wide Web, along with the traffic from other major uses of the Internet, such as electronic mail and peer-to-peer networks. , online gaming See gaming. , video conferencing See videoconferencing.
(communications) video conferencing - A discussion between two or more groups of people who are in different places but can see and hear each other using electronic communications. , legacy phone traffic and video on demand. The solution can support any ratio of unicast and multicast traffic and provides the service provider with fine grained control as to the per user services that are offered, using a mix of guaranteed bandwidth channels, classes of service and "best effort" channels.
"Customers clearly demand complete solutions in order to reduce system development cycles and costs," said Sturgill. "EZchip is recognized as a market leader for high-speed programmable network processors and we look forward to a long standing partnership."
"Enigma's fabric managers when coupled with the flexible packet processing and high performance traffic management functions supported by EZchip's NP-2 offers great benefits for carrier companies that need to future-proof new communications platforms," said Amir Eyal, vice president business development of EZchip Technologies. "The combination of our two companies' technologies delivers system scalability while driving down line card system cost."
All devices are available now. Pricing is available upon request. Contact Enigma's sales team at email@example.com or phone +1 408 567 0536 ext. 105 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Enigma Semiconductor
Enigma Semiconductor is an emerging leader in high performance, scalable packet-based switch fabric silicon for next-generation networking systems. The Company's unique architecture combined with its advances in component integration enable system developers to break new ground in system efficiency. A fabless semiconductor company headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and with research and development in Copenhagen, Enigma Semiconductor is backed by key technology investors including InnovationsKapital, Northzone Ventures, Startupfactory, TVM-Capital, and Vaekstfonden. Visit Enigma Semiconductor on the web at www.enigmasemi.com.
About EZchip Technologies
EZchip Technologies is a fabless semiconductor company that provides high-speed network processors. EZchip's network processors provide the flexibility and integration that enable triple-play data, voice and video services in systems that make up the new Carrier Ethernet networks. Flexibility and integration make EZchip's solutions ideal for building systems for a wide range of applications in telecom networks, enterprise backbones and data centers. For more information on EZchip, visit our web site at http://www.ezchip.com.
"Safe Harbor Safe Harbor
1. A legal provision to reduce or eliminate liability as long as good faith is demonstrated.
2. A form of shark repellent implemented by a target company acquiring a business that is so poorly regulated that the target itself is less attractive. " statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 (PSLRA) implemented several significant substantive changes affecting certain cases brought under the federal securities laws, including changes related to pleading, discovery, liability, class representation and awards fees and of 1995: This release contains forward looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, the impact of competitive products, product demand and market acceptance risks, customer order cancellations, reliance on key strategic alliances, fluctuations in operating results, delays in development of highly-complex products and other risks detailed from time to time in LNOP filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. These risks could cause the Company's actual results for 2006 and beyond to differ materially from those expressed in any forward looking statements made by, or on behalf of LNOP.