EMACHINES BRINGS NVIDIA GRAPHIC TO LINE OF VALUE DESKTOP PCS.Gateway has unveiled new PCs in its new eMachines line-up available at technology and electronics retailers.
Priced as low as $349.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate, the new eMachines line of desktop PCs delivers graphics and video capabilities for families, students and anyone on a budget. Each of the four new PCs features NVIDIA GeForce 6100 graphics supporting DirectX 9.0 for enhanced video, gaming and multimedia. Plus, if customers wish to upgrade their eMachines PC with dedicated graphics in the future, they can do so; each of the four new PCs comes with an open PCI Express A high-speed peripheral interconnect from Intel introduced in 2002. Note that although sometimes abbreviated "PCX," PCI Express is not the same as "PCI-X" (see PCI-SIG and PCI-X for comparison). As a result of the confusion, "PCI-E" or "PCIe" is the accepted abbreviation. x16 slot.
The new eMachines W4620 notebook combines the most sought- after features in a truly mobile form factor weighing only 5.5 pounds. Outfitted with a fast and powerful AMD (Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA, www.amd.com) A major manufacturer of semiconductor devices including x86-compatible CPUs, embedded processors, flash memories, programmable logic devices and networking chips. Turion A version of the Athlon 64 CPU from AMD designed for thin, lightweight laptops. The Turion 64 CPUs dissipate as little as 25 watts compared to 65 for the Athlon. Introduced in 2005, Turion enhanced AMD's line of mobile CPUs, which included the Mobile Athlon 64 for full-sized laptops and processor, ATI (ATI Technologies Inc., Markham Ontario, http://ati.amd.com) A leading manufacturer of graphics chips and display adapters. Founded in 1985 by K. Y. Ho, Benny Lau and Lee Lau, ATI chips and boards are widely used by OEMs. Radeon X300 based graphics and a multi-format, doubl e-layer DVD burner A DVD drive that records onto blank DVD-R and/or DVD+R discs. See DVD-R and DVD+R. , the eMachines W4620 notebook has a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP MSRP Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price
MSRP Message Session Relay Protocol
MSRP Multi-Species Recovery Plan (US Fish & Wildlife Service)
MSRP Member of the Society for Radiological Protection (UK) ) of $895 and is exclusively available at most Wal-Mart locations.
"The new line of eMachines desktop PCs delivers a one-two punch one-two punch
1. A combination of two blows delivered in rapid succession in boxing, especially a left lead followed by a right cross.
2. Informal An especially forceful or effective combination or sequence of two things. -- they feature superb video performance with NVIDIA graphics, as well as the ability to upgrade to dedicated graphics solutions in the future," said William Diehl This article is about the author. For the mayor of Pittsburgh, see William J. Diehl.
William Diehl (December 4 1924 – November 24 2006) was an American novelist and photojournalist. , Gateway's vice presid ent of product marketing. "In addition, the graphics capabilities of the new eMachines desktop PCs notebook and ensure compatibility with next-generation operating systems Operating systems can be categorized by technology, ownership, licensing, working state, usage, and by many other characteristics. In practice, many of these groupings may overlap. ."
eMachines W4620 Notebook PC: $895 MSRP at Wal-Mart
The eMachines W4620 notebook PC delivers power and performance in a mobile form factor. Outfitted with a blazing AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology MT-32 processor, the system is ready to take on the most demanding applications. The notebook's ATI Radeon Xpress 300 based graphics makes digital video, games and multimedia vibrant and realistic. Plus, the notebook is ready for the latest digital media hobbies; it features a 4-in-1 media card reader, three USB USB
in full Universal Serial Bus
Type of serial bus that allows peripheral devices (disks, modems, printers, digitizers, data gloves, etc.) to be easily connected to a computer. 2.0 ports and an IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, New York, www.ieee.org) A membership organization that includes engineers, scientists and students in electronics and allied fields. 1394 port. In addition, the notebook comes with integrated 802.11g wireless with SecureEasySetup for an easy- to-set-up, secure wireless connection.
eMachines W4620 Notebook Configuration:
* AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology MT-32 64-bit Processor * 15-inch XGA (EXtended Graphics Array) A screen resolution of 1,024x768 pixels. The term stems from IBM's XGA display standard introduced in 1990, which extended VGA to 132-column text and interlaced 1,024x768x256 resolution. XGA-2 later added non-interlaced 1,024x768x64K. Ultrabright Display * ATI Radeon X300 based graphics * 512MB DDR (Double Data Rate) Refers to an SDRAM memory chip that increases performance by doubling the effective data rate of the frontside bus. For more details, see SDRAM.
DDR - Double Data Rate Random Access Memory Memory * 80GB Hard Drive * Multi-Format, Double-Layer DVD DVD: see digital versatile disc.
in full digital video disc or digital versatile disc
Type of optical disc. The DVD represents the second generation of compact-disc (CD) technology. +/-RW Optical Drive * Microsoft Windows See Windows.
(operating system) Microsoft Windows - Microsoft's proprietary window system and user interface software released in 1985 to run on top of MS-DOS. Widely criticised for being too slow (hence "Windoze", "Microsloth Windows") on the machines available then. XP Home * 802.11g Wireless with SecureEasySetup * Weighs 5.5 pounds * Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of $895.00 available exclusively at most Wal-Mart locations
eMachines T6420 Media Center PC: $549.99
The combination of premium technology and Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 operating system operating system (OS)
Software that controls the operation of a computer, directs the input and output of data, keeps track of files, and controls the processing of computer programs. sets the stage for making the eMachines T6420 an entertainment powerhouse. The intuitive, user-friendly interface makes it easy to store, manage and access music, photos, video and online entertainment. Unlike other systems priced below $600, the eMachines T6420 boasts a hefty 1GB of DDR memory for enhanced PC operation. The PC features a fast AMD Athlon 64 3400+ processor with AMD 64 Technology that supports 64-bit processing. The huge 200GB hard drive running at 7200 RPM stores masses of data, photo and music.
eMachines T6420 Desktop PC Configuration:
* AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Processor with AMD 64 Technology * NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Graphics with DirectX 9.0 Support * Open PCI Express x16 Slot for Future Graphics Expansion * 1GB DDR Memory Expandable to 4GB * 200GB 7200RPM Hard Drive * Multi-Format, Double-Layer DVD+/-RW Optical Drive * 8-in-1 Digital Media Reader and Five USB 2.0 ports * 6-channel (5.1) High Definition Audio * Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 * Manufacturer's Suggested retail price of $549.99 after $50 mail-in rebate
eMachines T6216: PC with Multi-Format, Double-Layer DVD Burner for $499.99
The eMachines T6216 takes the latest in optical technology -- a multi-format, double-layer DVD+/-RW drive -- and adds powerful integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6100 graphics and 64-bit processing to deliver excellent performance at a great bargain. Ready t o take on digital media hobbies, gaming and online fun, the eMachines T6216 can connect to digital cameras and video recorders via its 8-in-1 digital media reader and five USB 2.0 ports.
eMachines T6216 Desktop PC Configuration:
* AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Processor with AMD 64 Technology * NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Graphics with DirectX 9.0 Support * Open PCI Express x16 Slot for Future Graphics Expansion * 512MB DDR Memory Expandable to 4GB * 160GB 7200RPM Hard Drive * Multi-Format, Double-Layer DVD+/-RW Optical Drive * 8-in-1 Digital Media Reader and Five USB 2.0 Ports * 6-Channel (5.1) High Definition Audio * Microsoft Windows XP Home * Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of $499.99 after $50 mail-in rebate
eMachines T3410: Entry-Level Computing for Just $399.99
Delivering more power and performance for productivity applications and multimedia tasks than comparably priced PCs, the eMachines T3410 is the ideal system for families needing a second PC, students and anyone who wants 64-bit processing and branded graphics at an affordable price. The eMachines T3410 boasts a powerful AMD Sempron 3400+ 64-bit processor and a CD-RW/DVD combo drive for recording and playing digital media.
eMachines T3410 Desktop PC Configuration:
* AMD Sempron 3400+ Processor * NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Graphics with DirectX 9.0 Support * Open PCI Express x16 Slot for Future Graphics Expansion * 512MB DDR Memory expandable to 2GB * 160GB 7200RPM Hard Drive * CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive * 8-in-1 Digital Media Reader and Five USB 2.0 ports * 6-Channel (5.1) High Definition Audio * Microsoft Windows XP Home * Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of $399.99 after $50 Mail-In Rebate
eMachines T3304: $349.99
The eMachines T3304 brings together quality and affordability in a no-nonsense PC that is ready for graphics and future operating systems as well as everyday tasks such as managing home finances, searching web sites and creating documents and spreads heets. The large hard drive provides ample storage while the CD-RW/DVD combo drive enables fast and easy CD burning and DVD playback.
eMachines T3304 Desktop PC Configuration:
* AMD Sempron 3300+ Processor * NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Graphics with DirectX 9.0 Support * Open PCI Express x16 Slot for Future Graphics Expansion * 256MB DDR Memory Expandable to 2GB * 100GB 7200RPM Hard Drive * CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive * 8-in-1 Digital Media Reader and Five USB 2.0 ports * 6-Channel (5.1) High Definition Audio * Microsoft Windows XP Home * Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of $349.99 after $50 Mail-In Rebate
World-Class Extras, Software, Service and Support
The new eMachines PCs are all network and broadband ready with integrated 10/100 Mbps Ethernet LAN (Local Area Network) A communications network that serves users within a confined geographical area. The "clients" are the user's workstations typically running Windows, although Mac and Linux clients are also used. and a 56K V.92 fax/modem.
The new PCs also provide an array of productivity software and tools, so customers can enjoy their PC right out of the box. Each of the PCs comes with Microsoft Works 8.0, 60-day trial of Microsoft Office 2003 Student Teacher Edition, Micro soft Money 2005 and Microsoft Encarta Online. The systems are also equipped with Adobe Acrobat Reader 7, a six month membership of AOL (A division of Time Warner, Inc., New York, NY, www.aol.com) The world's largest online information service with access to the Internet, e-mail, chat rooms and a variety of databases and services. 9.0, Google Toolbar, Microsoft Media Player 10, RealNetworks RealPlayer and Quicktime.
The eMachines PCs with DVD burning capabilities come with Cyberlink PowerDVD for enhancing DVDs with bright, vibrant visuals and the Nero 6 Suite that makes burning and backing up CDs and DVDs quick and easy. All of the new PCs also come with a 60 -day trial of Microsoft Digital Image Microsoft Digital Image is a discontinued digital photo editing program created by Microsoft. The previous line of the software was known as Microsoft Picture It!. Digital Image Suite has full support for Adobe Photoshop plugins. Starter Edition 2006.
Protecting the customer's data and investment, the new eMachines PCs are pre-installed with eMachines Internet Security Bundle. This includes a 90-day trial of McAfee Internet Security Suite A suite of utilities for maintaining the security of a Windows PC from McAfee. Formerly called McAfee Office, it includes more than a dozen utilities such as antivirus, personal firewall, spam blocker and popup blocker. (Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Anti-Spyware, Firewall and Parental Control). A pro-active service tool called BigFix is included at no charge on all eMachines systems. With the customer's permission, BigFix identifies and sends messages offering upgrades to enhance the performance or capabilities of the PC.
The company's extensive online support center helps customers maximize their PC investment; it gives them easy access to customer support representatives and information on important issues such as warranties, technical issues and upgrading. The awa rd-winning line of eMachines PCs is supported by top-notch service and support programs. In the January 2005 issue of PC World, eMachines was recognized by the magazine and its readers in its annual survey for having the highest overall service and reliability scores of all U.S. PC makers surveyed.
The eMachines line of PCs comes with a standard one-year limited warranty Limited warranty
A warranty with certain conditions and limitations on the parts covered, type of damage covered, and/or time period for which the agreement is good. . For more information on eMachines products, visit http://www.emachines.com.
eMachines is a provider of PC desktops and is a part of the Gateway (NYSE NYSE
See: New York Stock Exchange :GTW GTW Gateway, Inc. (stock symbol)
GTW Global Trade Watch
GTW Grand Trunk Western (railroad)
GTW Gatwick Airport
GTW Global Trading Web (Commerce One B2B-platform) ) family of technology products. Since its founding in 1985, Irvine, Calif.-based Gateway (NYSE:GTW) has been offering PCs and related products to consumers, businesses, government agencies and schools with highest quality and service and best overall value. Gateway is now the third largest PC company in the U.S. and among the top ten worldwide. The company's value-based eMachines brand is sold exclusively by retailers worldwide, while the premium Gateway line is available at major retailers, over the web and phone, and through its direct and indirect sales force.
Gateway can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.gateway.com/.
For more information, call 949/471-7705.