Duck and dive.
I reported a faulty fault·y
adj. fault·i·er, fault·i·est
1. Containing a fault or defect; imperfect or defective.
2. Obsolete Deserving of blame; guilty. street light on the Crooksbarn estate in Norton to the council lighting department in the first week of January.
After further phone calls to this department I was informed the matter had been passed to the Electricity Board. I contacted my local councillor in February and was told we were in the hands of the Electricity Board.
After numerous calls - my last call to the Street Lighting Department was on March 16 - someone returned my call and said they would look into the matter and let me know what's happening. At the time of writing I have heard nothing.
On Monday, March 27, we had Norton duck pond A duck pond is a pond for ducks and other water birds. Often such ponds are artificial and ornamental in nature, in public parks for example. Sometimes they may be less ornamental, in a farmyard for example.
Some duck ponds are purposefully built for the shooting of duck. new fountain illuminated il·lu·mi·nate
v. il·lu·mi·nat·ed, il·lu·mi·nat·ing, il·lu·mi·nates
1. To provide or brighten with light.
2. To decorate or hang with lights.
3. to the delight of the DUCKS.
The street light still awaits the Electricity Board after almost three months.
Just who gets priority from the council - the ducks or the council tax payers?
M BONSON, Norton