Drug alert after two men die.
ADDICTS ADDICTS Acoustic Digital Data Information & Control Transmission System were yesterday warned over a bad batch of heroin heroin (hĕ`rəwən), opiate drug synthesized from morphine (see narcotic). Originally produced in 1874, it was thought to be not only nonaddictive but useful as a cure for respiratory illness and morphine addiction, and capable of relieving following the deaths of two men from the same area after apparently taking the drug.
The deaths happened in the Milton area of Glasgow over the weekend. One of the men is understood to be in his late 20s and the other in his early 30s.
Police refused to rule out the possibility that a bad batch of the drug caused the deaths.
They will be speaking to health and social workers as well as alcohol and drug action teams to alert drug users of the risk.
But cops also admitted that it could be weeks before toxicology toxicology, study of poisons, or toxins, from the standpoint of detection, isolation, identification, and determination of their effects on the human body. Toxicology may be considered the branch of pharmacology devoted to the study of the poisonous effects of drugs. tests prove exactly how the men had died.
Detective Superintendent Willie Prendergast said: "I would urge people who insist on taking illegal drugs to take the necessary precautions to make sure they are safe, such as making sure they are not alone when using heroin."