Drilling at Orvana's Pederson Project, Bolivia Demonstrates Major Increase in Potential North of The Pampa Zone.VANCOUVER, British Columbia--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 23, 1996-- ORVANA MINERALS (TSE See Tokyo Stock Exchange.
1. See Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE).
2. See Toronto Stock Exchange (TSE). :ORV ORV
off-road vehicle ) Orvana Minerals Corp. reports the results for the two northernmost drill fences through the Pampa Pampa (păm`pə), city (1990 pop. 19,959), seat of Gray co., extreme N Tex. This cow town on the Panhandle plains still ships cattle and wheat and packs meat, but the discovery of oil and gas has made it an industrial center with refineries and Zone at its Pederson Project, Bolivia (EMUSA 50 percent joint venture partner).
- Strong mineralization Mineralization
The process by which the body uses minerals to build bone structure.
Mentioned in: Rickets
n the bioprecipitation of an inorganic substance. occurs beyond the north-east trending fault previously inferred to be the northern boundary of the Pampa Zone.
- This means that the deposit is unbounded under the gravels to the north and west.
- Gold grades are increasing and mineralized min·er·al·ize
v. min·er·al·ized, min·er·al·iz·ing, min·er·al·iz·es
1. To convert to a mineral substance; petrify.
2. To transform a metal into a mineral by oxidation.
3. intercepts are thickening thick·en·ing
1. The act or process of making or becoming thick.
2. Material used to thicken: stir in a thickening of flour and water.
3. A thickened part. to the northwest (Holes P-51, 52, 53, 54).
- Mineralization appears to be flattening
The flattening, ellipticity, or oblateness of an oblate spheroid is the "squashing" of the spheroid's pole, down towards its equator. and becoming shallower to the northwest (Holes P-53 and 54).
Assay results are listed in the table below:
Hole Interval Thickness Au Grade (metres) (metres) (gram/tonne) From To
P-51 138.7 141.7 3.0 4.7 146.3 149.3 3.0 1.5 155.4 166.1 10.7 3.3 190.5 195.1 4.6 1.1
P-52 102.1 105.1 3.0 1.1 120.4 128.0 7.6 2.9 144.8 150.9 6.1 1.6
P-53 71.6 76.2 4.6 1.7 93.0 152.4 59.4 2.0
P-54 102.1 166.1 64.0 2.3 178.3 181.3 3.0 1.5
P-55 114.3 117.3 3.0 3.3
Hole P-56 contains no ore intercepts.
In the 1996 drilling program, 50 Reverse Circulation holes have been completed on the Pederson Project for a total of 8,700 metres (28,545 feet) during this phase of work. Proposed drilling is now complete at the Pampa and Main zones. Assays for 14 holes from the 1996 drilling program in the Pampa Zone have now been reported. Results for an additional 36 holes for the Project are pending. Following a two week break, the drill will commence testing the Toroca Zone and complete several additional stepout holes in the Pampa Zone.
CONTACT: Orvana Minerals Corp.
D. Neil Hillhouse, 604/682-4929
Nancy E. Woo, 604/682-4929
Leigh W. Freeman Freeman can mean: