Dogs abandoned by cruel breeder; BRITAIN TODAY: COURT.BREEDER breeder
1. a person with an animal enterprise involving the multiplication of the herd, flock or group.
2. a female animal used basically for the production of saleable young. who abandoned nearly 100 St Bernard dogs in poor conditions while she went on holiday was jailed yesterday for 18 weeks for animal cruelty offences.
Mary Collis, 51, struggled to feed and look after the animals after she was declared bankrupt but continued to keep them at the kennels ken·nel 1
1. A shelter for a dog.
2. A pack of dogs, especially hounds. See Synonyms at flock1.
3. An establishment where dogs are bred, trained, or boarded.
4. in Brigstock, Northamptonshire. The grotesque conditions they were left in only came to light when members of the public broke in last November after Collis abandoned the Wardana Kennels to go on holiday to Tenerife.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||The Journal (Newcastle, England)|
|Date:||Oct 24, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Tributes paid to latest UK casualty; BRITAIN TODAY: MILITARY.|
|Next Article:||HQ provides springboard to eaga ambitions.|