Do you have all your publications?You never know when your unit might deploy. That's why it pays to be ready. Part of readiness lies in having all your equipment publications on hand.
How do you find out what publications your unit needs? Ask the USAMC USAMC United States Army Materiel Command
USAMC University of South Alabama Medical Center
USAMC United States Affiliate Manager Coalition
USAMC United States Association of Former Members of Congress Logistics Support Activity (LOGSA LOGSA Logistics Support Activity (USAMC)
LOGSA Logistics Support Agency ) to put together a complete tailored pubs listing for you.
Requesting a Tailored Pubs List
For LOGSA to create the list, they'll need to know what equipment you have. If your unit uses the Standard Property Book System-Revised (SPBS-R SPBS-R Standard Property Book System-Redesign ) or Unit Level Logistics System S-4 (ULLS ULLS Unconditioned Local Loop Service (copper wire telephony)
ULLS Unit Level Logistics System
ULLS University of London Legal Series
ULLS Unbundled Local Loop Service S-4), ask your property book officer to download a copy of your unit's hand receipt onto a MS-DOS MS-DOS
in full Microsoft Disk Operating System
Operating system for personal computers. MS-DOS was based on DOS, developed in 1980 by Seattle Computer Products. Microsoft Corp. bought the rights to DOS in 1981, and released MS-DOS with IBM's PC that year. 3 1/2-in disk.
After you download the data, mail the disk to LOGSA. Or you can send the file data as an e-mail attachment.
For those units who don't use SPBS-R or ULLS S-4, LOGSA offers several options:
* You can submit your unit identification code (UIC UIC University of Illinois at Chicago
UIC Underground Injection Control
UIC Union of Islamic Courts
UIC United Industrial Corporation
UIC Union Internationale des Chemins de Fer (International Union of Railways) ). Using the UIC and the Army Total Asset Visibility (ATAV ATAV Army Total Asset Visibility
ATAV Association Tunisienne d'Action Volontaire (French)
ATAv American Trans Air Virtual
ATAV Afloat Total Asset Visibility
ATAV Antenna Train Angle Vertical (fighter aircraft targeting) ) database, LOGSA can create at tailored pubs list.
* Ask for an Equipment Query User Interface Program (EQUIP) Disk. The disk contains an IBM PC (DOS) compatible software program that prompts you for the data, including line item numbers (LINs) and UIC. You don't have to enter NSNs and quantities. They're used by the PLL/ASL program.
Before you enter the data, make copies of the four files on the EQUIP Disk. That way you'll have files on hand if you want tailored pubs lists in the future.
After you enter the data, mail the disk, Or you can send only the qry.dat file as an email attachment. Never send the .exe file as an email attachment; it won't make it through the firewall.
* Another method is to send the recapitulation recapitulation, theory, stated as the biogenetic law by E. H. Haeckel, that the embryological development of the individual repeats the stages in the evolutionary development of the species. of equipment part of the MTOE MTOE Million Tons of Oil Equivalent
MTOE Modified Table Of Organization & Equipment
MTOE Maintenance Training Organisation Exposition
MTOE Mission Table of Organization and Equipment
MTOE Mega Tonnes of Oil Equivalent
MTOE Malongo Terminal Oil Export . Send it on a 3 1/2-in disk or as an email attachment. Just make sure you include your UIC.
* If your list of equipment contains fewer than 10 LINs, LOGSA will accept them over the phone.
* You can also tax your LINs. Center them on the paper so that digits don't get cut off. Use a size 14-point font and leave 1 1/2-in margins on each side.
* If you happen to be visiting Redstone Arsenal, Alabama, you can deliver your LINs in person. Just phone LOGSA and they'll direct you to the right office.
When you ask for your tailored pubs list, make sure to include the maintenance level(s) you want the list to cover, your name, rank, UIC for each unit, postal mailing address, email address, and DSN DSN - Digital Switched Network or commercial phone number.
One "Do" and Four "Don'ts"
* DO use only 3 1/2-in high density disks.
* DO NOT send ZIP files.
* DO NOT send <DIR> files.
* DO NOT send 5 1/4-in disks.
* DO NOT use non-ASCII formats unless you can successfully convert them to ASCII ASCII or American Standard Code for Information Interchange, a set of codes used to represent letters, numbers, a few symbols, and control characters. Originally designed for teletype operations, it has found wide application in computers. .
What You'll Receive
LOGSA will send you a tailored pubs listing as an email attachment. If you prefer, you can get it on a disk or in hard copy. It shows every equipment publication you need in your unit to support the equipment you have assigned.
LOGSA Addresses and Phone Numbers
Redstone Arsenal, AL 35898-5000
DSN 897-6115 or (256) 313-6115
DSN 645-9850 or (256) 955-9850
THE LISTING COMES IN THREE PARTS ...
1. A list of rejected LINs. LINs make the rejected list for a number of reasons.
They may have been deleted or superseded. They may be so new they're not yet in the LOGSA database. Non-DA LINs will have no Army publications and will show up on the rejected list. And, finally, the LINs may have been entered incorrectly.
2. A list of publication in alphanumeric order and cross referenced to end items.
3. A list of publications for each LIN.