Dell Refreshes Value Notebook Computer Line; Latitude 110L Provides Essential Mobile Productivity for Small/Medium Businesses, Education.
Starting at $899, the Latitude 110L is a cost-effective foundation for the Intelligent Classroom, an interactive educational environment that combines multi-media tools, personal computing and the Internet. The Latitude 110L is also an affordable mobile solution for small and medium businesses that need to balance budget concerns against the increased productivity and flexibility benefits of notebooks.
"Reliability, durability and a light-weight design are all critical in a notebook, particularly when it's being used for middle school and high school students," said Arnie Glassberg, superintendent of California's San Lorenzo Unified School District, which has established one of the nation's most comprehensive student computing programs. "Dell's design and affordability help us put technology in our students' hands so they can learn the 21st Century skills they need to be successful."
The Latitude 110L has a new durable, black-case design and a starting weight of 6.3 pounds(2). It is powered by Intel mobile processors to deliver uncompromised performance with low power consumption. Customers can chose from Intel(R) Celeron(TM) M or Pentium(TM) M processors, 14.1- or 15-inch displays, 30GB to 60GB hard drives(3) and a variety of fixed optical drives. Optional integrated wireless capability is available for $29 (802.11b/g) or $49 (802.11a/b/g). A USB port replicator is available for $49 for use as a business desktop. Complete product details can be found at www.dell.com/latitude.
Dell supports the Latitude 110L with a portfolio of product lifecycle services including wireless and security solutions. Smaller Information Technology staffs can focus on internal strategic initiatives while Dell's award-winning service and support can provide accidental damage service, custom software integration, on-site break-fix service, advanced technical support, theft prevention security and asset management.
Technical Features of the Latitude 110L include:
--Choice of Intel Celeron M processors 350 (1.3GHz,) Pentium M processor 725 (1.6GHz) combined with the Intel 910GML chipset
--Choice of 14.1- or 15-inch XGA (1024 x 768) display
--256MB to 1.28GB of DDR 333MHz shared(4) SDRAM
--Choice of 30GB, 40GB or 60GB hard drives(3)
--Choice of 8-cell, 43WHr Nickel Metal Hydride or 8-cell 65WHr Smart Lithium Ion Battery
--Standard 24X CD-ROM or choice of 8X DVD-ROM, 24X CD-RW/DVD combination and 8X DVD+/-RW(5) optical drives
--Integrated 10/100 Ethernet and 56K(6) V92 modem
--Ports include: three USB 2.0, VGA, headphone and microphone
--Optional internal Intel PRO wireless 2200 802.11b/g or Dell Wireless 1350 802.11b/g or Intel PRO wireless 2915 802.11a/b/g or Dell Wireless 1450 802.11a/b/g
--Choice of Windows(R) XP Home or Windows XP Professional Operating System
--One Year Next Business Day On-site Service(7), optional longer terms available
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ:DELL) is a trusted and diversified information-technology supplier and partner, and sells a comprehensive portfolio of products and services directly to customers worldwide. Dell, recognized by Fortune magazine as America's most admired company and No. 3 globally, designs, builds and delivers innovative, tailored systems that provide customers with exceptional value. Company revenue for the past year was $49.2 billion. For more information about Dell and its products and services, visit www.dell.com.
Pricing, specifications, availability, and terms of offers may change without notice. Taxes and shipping charges are extra, and vary. Dell cannot be responsible for pricing or other errors, and reserves the right to cancel orders arising from such errors.
(1) Based on full year 2004 results from IDC's Worldwide Quarterly PC Tracker, Feb. 2005.
(2) With 14.1-inch LCD, DVD-ROM and 8-cell Li-Ion battery. Weights vary depending on configurations and manufacturing variability.
(3) For hard drives, GB means 1 billion bytes; actual capacity varies with preloaded material and operating environment and will be less.
(4) Up to 64MB of system memory may be allocated to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors
(5) Discs burned with this drive may not be compatible with some existing drives and players; using DVD+R media provides maximum compatibility
(6) Download speeds are limited to 53Kbps. Upload speeds are less (about 30Kbps). Speeds can vary by line condition and modem manufacturer. Analog phone line and service required.
(7) Service may be provided by a third party. Technician will be dispatched if necessary following phone-based trouble-shooting. Subject to parts availability, geographical restrictions and terms of services contract. Service timing dependant upon time of day call to Dell U.S. only.
Dell and Latitude are trademarks of Dell Inc.
Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.