Defense Logistics Agency Announces Business Alliance Awards.
The Defense Logistics Agency's director, Vice Admiral Keith W. Lippert, Supply Corps, U.S. Navy, will present the annual awards during a luncheon at the Hyatt Fair Lakes in Fairfax, Va.
The DLA's primary role is to provide supplies and services to America's military services worldwide and includes managing over four million consumable items.
Industry representatives and DLA customers will be recognized in seven categories:
Vendor Excellence: Awarded to individual large, small, small disadvantaged, and/or women-owned small businesses that have demonstrated overall excellence in superior product quality, on-time delivery, superior customer service, reliability, dependability, consistency, and accuracy.
* Procurenet, Inc., 2 Madison Road, Fairfield, N.J. 07004 (small business) * Propper International, Inc., 1040 Calle, WF Brennan, Mayaguez, Puerto Rico 00680 (large business) * Benchmade Knife Company, 300 Beavercreek Road, Oregon City, Ore. 97045 (small disadvantaged business)
Innovative Business Performer of the Year: Awarded to large, small and/or women-owned small businesses that have undertaken risks associated with innovative business practices (e.g., shared production, electronic commerce, prime vendor, quick response, etc.) and who meet the Vendor Excellence Award criteria.
* King Nutronics Corporation, 6421 Independence Avenue, Woodland Hills, Calif. 91367 (small business) * Air British Petroleum, 28100 Torch Parkway, Warrenville, Ill. 60555 (large business) * GTA Containers, Inc., 4201 Linden Avenue, South Bend, Ind. 46619 (small disadvantaged business) * Camel Manufacturing Company, 176 Luther Seiber Lane, Pioneer, Tenn. 37847 (women-owned small business)
New Contractor of the Year: Awarded to a large or small business that contracted for the first time with DLA within the period of consideration, and who meets the Vendor Excellence Award criteria.
* Dixie Chemical Company, Inc., 300 Jackson Hill St., Houston, Texas 77007 (small business)
Outstanding Readiness Support: Awarded to large, small, small disadvantaged, and/or women-owned small businesses that have provided extraordinary customer support, service/product directly to a crisis situation, in addition to the Vendor Excellence Award criteria.
* WATEC, Inc., 1570 Muzzys Road, Urbana, Ohio 43078 (small business) * Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems, 528 Boston Post Road, Sudbury, Mass. 01776 (large business) * Aspen Systems, Inc., 184 Cedar Hill St., Marlborough, Mass. 01752 (small disadvantaged business) * Magnaco Industries, Inc., 322 Lake Ave., Hartville, Ohio (women-owned small business)
Outstanding Javits-Wagner-O'Day Program Vendor: Awarded to non-profit agencies (NIB-employing the blind, or NISH-employing persons with severe disabilities) that exemplify Vendor Excellence Award criteria.
* Human Technologies, 2260 Dwyar Ave., Utica, N.Y. 13501 (NISH) * North Central Sight Services, 901 Memorial Ave., Williamsport, Pa. 17701 (NIB)
Customer of the Year: Awarded to the Department of Defense customer and the non-Department of Defense customer organizations that exemplifies the highest degree of professionalism, meets or exceeds criteria in one or more other categories and clearly stands above the rest in its commitment to the Defense Logistics Agency.
* Department of Defense Customer -- TRICARE Southwest and Central Tri-Service Business Office, 7800 IH-10 West, Suite 315, San Antonio, Texas 78230 * Non-Department of Defense Customer -- Lockheed Martin Corporation, 6801 Rockledge Drive, Bethesda, Md. 20817
Commander's Choice Award: Awarded to the non-DLA individual whose dedication and commitment to the DLA mission, affects the quality of life for our men and women in uniform.
* Lt. Col. Van L. Poindexter, Jr., Weapon Systems Support Flight Commander, Pacific Air Forces Regional Supply Squadron, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii
The Defense Logistics Agency provides supply support, and technical and logistics services to the military services and to several civilian agencies. Headquartered at Fort Belvoir, Va., DLA is the one source for nearly every consumable item, whether for combat readiness, emergency preparedness or day- to-day operations.
CONTACT: Jack Hooper of the Defense Logistics Agency, +1-703-767-5121, or Jack.Hooper@dla.mil
Web site: http://www.dla.mil/
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jan 20, 2004|
|Previous Article:||CRA Proposal Will Alleviate Regulatory Burden for Community Banks.|
|Next Article:||William H. Narwold Joins Motley Rice LLC as Member; Firm Expands Commercial Litigation Practice.|