Dave Simko, CPA installed as 2006-2007 chair of Ohio Society Executive Board.David A. Simko, CPA (Computer Press Association, Landing, NJ) An earlier membership organization founded in 1983 that promoted excellence in computer journalism. Its annual awards honored outstanding examples in print, broadcast and electronic media. The CPA disbanded in 2000. , a partner with Ernst & Young in Cleveland, was sworn in as 97th chair of the Society's Executive Board during the June 22 Annual Meeting.
"We are responsible for the positive attributes of this profession: quality, integrity and community. We each need to make sure we are delivering value to the public interest and our employers through continuous lifelong learning," Simko said after his induction.
The installation also included induction of James G. Haubrock, CPA as chair-elect. Michael B. Klein, CPA will complete his two-year term as vice chair-finance. Seven other Society members were sworn in to start two-year terms as members of the Executive Board, including:
* Ken A. Dodson, CPA -- King Dodson Armstrong Financial Advisors, Columbus
* Brendan P. Fitzgerald, CPA -- Sustin Bartell Waldman & Fergus, LTD LTD 1 Laron-type dwarfism 2 Leukotriene D 3 Long-term depression, see there 4. Long-term disability , Cleveland
* W. Michael Fritz, CPA -- Deloitte & Touche, Columbus
* Matthew E. Ganz, CPA -- Rea & Associates, Dublin
* Valerie A. Krueckeberg, CPA -- KPMG KPMG Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler (accounting firm)
KPMG Kaiser Permanente Medical Group
KPMG Keiner Prüft Mehr Genau (German)
KPMG Kommen Prüfen Meckern Gehen , Cincinnati
* James G. May, CPA -- DLZ DLZ Durchlaufzeit (German: processing time)
DLZ Dynamically Loadable Zones
DLZ Drop Landing Zone
DLZ Designated Launch Zone (military aviation)
DLZ Digital Lempel Ziv Corporation, Columbus
* J. David Ryan III, CPA, CITP (Certified Information Technology Professional) A specialty credential awarded by the AICPA to its CPA members who excel in the provision of technology-related business services. -- Artromick International, Columbus
They join the following board members continuing their service:
* Past chair Janice L. Culver, CPA -- KeyCorp, Cleveland
* Matthew T. Boehm, CPA -- N.W. Ohio Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, Findlay
* Ellen S. Fodge, CPA, MBA MBA
Master of Business Administration
Noun 1. MBA - a master's degree in business
Master in Business, Master in Business Administration -- sole practitioner, Dayton
* Delano C. Hoover, CPA -- Hoover & Roberts Inc., Eaton
* Peter A. Margaritis, CPA -- GBQ GBq Gigabecquerel (SI)
GBQ The Good, The Bad & The Queen (UK band)
GBQ Green Business Quarterly (environmental publication) Partners, LLC (Logical Link Control) See "LANs" under data link protocol.
LLC - Logical Link Control , Columbus
* Kathleen R. Mitts, CPA -- Joseph Decosimo & Co. LLP, Cincinnati
* Robert M. Richardson, CPA -- The Sherwin-Williams Co., Cleveland
Bylaws vote approved during Annual Meeting
Unanimous approval of the members present at the Annual Meeting also set the stage for a vote of the membership to approve revisions to the Society's bylaws. Members receiving this issue are also receiving a supplement explaining the revisions along with a ballot to approve or reject the updated language.
The changes reflect advances in technology, changes in the profession's ethics enforcement program, and changes in Ohio law since the bylaws were last updated in 1997.
Key changes in the proposed bylaws revision include:
* Permitting increased use of e-mail for actions by the Society's governing bodies
* Adoption of recent changes to the Joint Ethics Enforcement Program administered by the AICPA AICPA
See American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
* A reorganization of the bylaws to combine similar provisions by topic
Members have until Sept. 4 to return ballots.
The 2006-07 Executive Board of The Ohio Society of CPAs was installed at the Annual Meeting in Columbus on June 22.
(front row, left to right) Michael B. Klein, CPA; Janice L. Culver, CPA; David A. Simko, CPA; James G. Haubrock, CPA; Delano C. Hoover, CPA; (middle row, left to right) J. David Ryan, CPA, CITP; Matthew E. Ganz, CPA; Peter A. Margaritis, CPA; James G. May, CPA; Kathleen R. Mitts, CPA; (back row, left to right) J. Clarke Price, CAE (1) (Computer-Aided Engineering) Software that analyzes designs which have been created in the computer or that have been created elsewhere and entered into the computer. ; Ken A. Dodson, CPA; Matthew T. Boehm; Brendan P. Fitzgerald, CPA; Robert M. Richardson, CPA. Not pictured: Ellen Fodge, CPA; W. Michael Fritz, CPA; Valerie A. Krueckeberg, CPA