DataDirect Technologies Expands Expert Series Architect Tutorials with New Cities in the U.S. and Europe.
BEDFORD, Mass. -- DataDirect Technologies, the unparalleled leader in data connectivity and mainframe integration and an operating company of Progress Software Corporation (Nasdaq: PRGS), has expanded its popular Expert Series Architect Tutorials, a multi-city event designed to address new development platforms and emerging architectural standards. The free seminar series provides attendees with first-hand knowledge and how-to advice from industry experts skilled at building and deploying high-performance software applications and advance service-oriented architecture (SOA) initiatives.
Committed to providing the software development community with the best information and tools available to design and maintain the world's most critical business system, DataDirect Technologies' 2007 Expert Series Architect Tutorials will take place in prominent technology centers worldwide including London, Amsterdam, Chicago, New York, Dallas, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. The half-day seminars will showcase state-of-the-art data access, mainframe integration, and XML query technology through real-world examples. Software architects and development managers will receive practical advice to help them navigate the complexities of data access technologies as well as applied tips and best practices to enhance application performance, flexibility and capability.
"The feedback from last year's Architect Tutorials was overwhelmingly positive," said Charles Gold, senior director of worldwide marketing for DataDirect Technologies. "Nowhere else can architects and software development managers exchange ideas with the world's top experts in data access. We're excited to reach even more technical professionals this year."
Platform independent, the Expert Series seminars will offer insight into both Java(TM) and .NET development paradigms and address SOA-enabled applications as well as standalone, tightly coupled applications. Helping set the event agenda, The International Association of Software Architects (IASA) returns as an event sponsor joined by SOA industry analysis and advisory firm, ZapThink LLC. Attendees will discover innovations in data connectivity delivered in the following presentations:
* Designing a High-Performance Data Architecture
* Designing a Standard for Data Access in an SOA Environment
* Building Data-Rich Service-Oriented Business Applications in a Heterogeneous Environment
Featured speakers include:
* John Goodson, vice president of product operations at DataDirect Technologies: For 20 years, John has worked closely with Sun, Microsoft and other leading database vendors on the development and evolution of database connectivity standards including J2EE, JDBC, .NET, ODBC and ADO. He is actively involved in Java standards committees, including the JDBC Expert Group and Java Rowsets.
* Rob Steward, senior director development and product operations at DataDirect Technologies: Rob has more than 13 years of experience developing database access middleware, including .NET data providers, ODBC drivers and OLE DB providers.
* Ron Schmelzer, senior analyst at ZapThink: A well-known expert in the field of SOA, Web services and XML-based standards, Ron has been featured in and has written for periodicals and has spoken at numerous industry conferences. He has served as the chair of the RosettaNet Cluster 1 Workgroup, working group member of the CPExchange, member of the UDDI Advisory group and was a member of the CompTIA Electronic Commerce Standards Board (ECSB).
* Jason Bloomberg, senior analyst at ZapThink: With a diverse background in e-business technology management and industry analysis, Jason has served as a senior analyst in IDC's eBusiness Advisory Group and has held management positions at USWeb/CKS (later marchFIRST) and WaveBend Solutions (now Hitachi Consulting).
Expert Series Architect Tutorials 2007 will take place as follows:
* London - Tuesday, May 1 at the Sheraton Park Tower
* Amsterdam - Thursday, May 3 at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel
* Chicago - Tuesday, May 15 at the Westin Michigan Avenue
* New York - Wednesday, May 16 at Westin NY Times Square
* Washington, D.C. - Thursday, May 17 at the Marriott Fairview Park
* San Francisco - Tuesday, May 22 at the Westin St. Francis
* Dallas - Thursday, May 24 at the Westin City Center
To register for an Expert Series Architect Tutorial near you, please visit http://www.godatadirect.com/forms/at
About DataDirect Technologies
DataDirect Technologies is the software industry's only comprehensive provider of software for connecting the world's most critical business applications to data and services, running on any platform, using proven and emerging standards. Developers worldwide depend on DataDirect([R]) products to connect their applications to an unparalleled range of data sources using standards-based interfaces such as ODBC, JDBC(TM) and ADO.NET, XQuery and SOAP. More than 300 leading independent software vendors and thousands of enterprises rely on DataDirect Technologies to simplify and streamline data connectivity for distributed systems and to reduce the complexity of mainframe integration. DataDirect Technologies is an operating company of Progress Software Corporation (Nasdaq: PRGS). For more information, visit www.datadirect.com.
DataDirect is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Java and all Java based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Any other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||May 9, 2007|
|Previous Article:||DataDirect Technologies Extends Mainframe Data Integration Leadership with Expanded Database Support and Optimized Performance for DB2 on z/OS.|
|Next Article:||Toshiba's Next-Generation Qosmio G45 to Push Graphics Capabilities Through Integration of NVIDIA's Newest Graphics Processing Unit.|