DVD Acquisition and Development Group, Inc. to Release Eight HD Titles in Fourth Quarter.
Other Titles To Be Distributed Under DVD International's HDScape Brand at $29.95 Each
All Releases Available in Dual-Disc Format
FAIRFIELD, N.J. -- The DVD Acquisition and Development Group, Inc., under its DVD International division, will be releasing a collection of high definition titles in the fourth quarter of this year, placing the company as the leading independent producer (and fourth overall) of HD DVD content. Highlighted by the HD version of its unprecedented Digital Video Essentials line, which was produced in conjunction with Microsoft Corp., all eight releases will be available in dual disc format, with the remaining seven titles to be distributed under the HDScape brand. The announcement was made by David Goodman, President, The DVD Acquisition and Development Group, Inc.
"Reminiscent of the transition from video to DVD 10 years ago, we are once again at a crossroads with consumer electronic technology," said Goodman. "The market has been primed for a high definition transition, and we are prepared to be fully stocked to meet those needs. By offering our titles in a dual-disc format, those consumers who haven't yet made the complete transfer to the HD DVD format can still enjoy our programming, and then literally flip the disc once they are fully HD compatible."
All DVDI HD titles have been created in the MPEG-4/H.264 AVC, or VC-1 format, the industry standards for high definition excellence.
The initial line includes:
* DVE HDCoNow available in both 1080p and 720p on one disc, DVE HD, created by A/V visionary Joe Kane offers a full range of audio and video test signals for an array of home entertainment tune ups. Includes original Standard DVD version. Produced in conjunction with Microsoft Corp.; fully HDi capable.
* Exotic Saltwater Aquarium HD DVDCoShot in 16:9 AVC 1080p, Exotic Saltwater Aquarium HD DVD transforms HD television into a brilliant aquarium filled with exotic fish and marine life.
* Fireplace HD DVDCoThis HD version of the popular holiday title reduces stress and adds soothing comfort to the home. Shot on film, the HD DVD format brings out all the rich hues and dancing shadows typical of a true wood fire.
* Antarctica DreamingCoA world colored by ice and fire, carved by hurricane-force winds. Wildlife perfectly adapted to freezing conditions. Filmed in HD by Emmy Award winning cinematographer David Hannan, these magnificent natural images are brought to brilliant life in this one-of-a-kind HD DVD program.
* Visions of Sea: ExplorationsCoEmmy Award-winner Anthony S. LenzoCoone of the world's most renowned underwater videographers, has captured a world of pristine and unspoiled coral reefs previously inaccessible to video cameras.
* Serenity: Southern SeasCoVisit Australia's breathtaking seascapes, golden beaches and spectacular coastline in this mesmerizing HD DVD program that takes you closer to the land down under than ever before.
* HD Window: HawaiiCoExperience the exotic, lush and unique landscapes of the Hawaiian Islands, and true tropical paradise only available in HD DVD.
* HD Window: The Great SouthwestCoThe beautiful landscapes of Arizona, New Mexico and California have never looked so good in the comforts of home. Experience all the glory of the Great Southwest in Full Frame HD, or with the unique Art Frame and Color Changing Matte format.
An HD DVD sampler disc, featuring samples of each of the HD titles, will be available at a suggested retail price of $6.95. For more information on the full HDScape line, visit www.hdscape.com.
DVD International (DVDI), a DVD Acquisition and Development Group, Inc. company, based in Fairfield, NJ, focuses on DVD distribution opportunities and distributes programming from Air Sea Land, Alpha DVD, American Bible Society, HD Window, Hendrickson Publishers, David HannanCoProcam, Joe Kane Productions, Mill Reef Entertainment, The Richard Diercks Company, Inc., Thomas Nelson Publishing, Storm King Press, Tyndale House Publishers and ZOE Productions. Contact DVD International at www.dvdinternational.com.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Sep 28, 2006|
|Previous Article:||The Horror Channel Enters Joint Venture with SenoReality Pictures and Gunn Park Entertainment to Produce the Original Online Horror Series "Heartland...|
|Next Article:||South Korea Certifies WJ Communications RFID UHF Reader Module.|