DSPCon Announces New Portable and Expandable Built-In Signal Conditioning Option for DataFlex-1000/A[TM] Data Acquisition and Analysis System Series.
Effectively eliminating the cost and need to purchase and carry a multitude of separate, plug-in signal conditioning modules, the new software-driven option provides comprehensive, flexible signal conditioning support for a broad range of applications. It is compatible with all DataFlex-1000 and DataFlex-1000A models, is self-calibrating, and designed to handle most common strain gauges, RTDs, accelerometers, IEPE sensors and voltage output devices, easily and cost-effectively.
"In today's economy, many would-be purchasers of dynamic, high-speed data acquisition and analysis systems are looking for superior value and performance. With our truly innovative, built-in signal conditioning option, we believe we can now offer even the most value-conscious buyer a true high-speed, high-performance data acquisition system with full signal conditioning and analysis capabilities and a superior ROI (Return On Investment) The monetary benefits derived from having spent money on developing or revising a system. In the IT world, there are more ways to compute ROI than Carter has liver pills (and for those of you who never heard of that expression, it means a lot). ," said Al Brower, president and chief executive officer of DSPCon, Inc.
The DataFlex-1000/A Series has been specifically designed to provide flexible performance that can be configured to meet exact functionality and budgetary requirements within a broad range of rotating machinery industries including turbine engine manufacturing and energy generation as well as acoustic testing within the aerospace industry and high-value shock and vibration testing for major Department of Defense customers and prime contractors. It can accommodate analog and digital requirements for a wide variety of vibration, telemetry telemetry
Highly automated communications process by which data are collected from instruments located at remote or inaccessible points and transmitted to receiving equipment for measurement, monitoring, display, and recording. , voice and video data storage applications, and features a number of high-capacity, "hot-swappable" storage options, an analog bandwidth capacity of 97.2 kHz per channel with anti-alias filtering, and no degradation of bandwidth as channel count increases, regardless if channel count is 16 or over 1,000. It produces and accepts a variety of data formats and directly writes to the DATX format, which is currently being utilized as the data format of choice at a number of leading Fortune 100 organizations.
The DataFlex-1000 features a space-saving design and full system control, set-up and status via an integrated touch-screen display, making it an ideal choice for laboratory environments. The new DataFlex-1000A features a sleek, portable, rack-mountable design with full system control, set-up and display provided by any PC or laptop, making it ideal for high-vibration environments.
Standard Features & Specifications
* Unique touch-screen control
* Modular and expandable
* Flexible signal inputs/outputs including Ethernet, IRIG-B, analog monitor channel and audio annotation. 10 MHz (MegaHertZ) One million cycles per second. It is used to measure the transmission speed of electronic devices, including channels, buses and the computer's internal clock. A one-megahertz clock (1 MHz) means some number of bits (16, 32, 64, etc. reference input.
* IRIG-B time code recording with real-time display and output during replay
* Produces and accepts a variety of data formats including DATX, CATS, UFF-58, EDAS EDAS Enlisted Distribution & Assignment System
EDAS Encephaloduroarteriosynangiosis (neurosurgical procedure used to treat moyamoya disease in children)
EDAS Enhanced Data Acquisition System
EDAS Effective Drug & Alcohol Solutions RAW and others
* Compatible with and a replacement for many popular recorder models
* Spreadsheet configuration option
* Optional software provides functionality of multiple, traditional laboratory instruments without the bulk or cost
* Full graphical replay tool provided for digital replay and flexible analysis of data
* Infinite, lossless See lossless compression.
(algorithm, compression) lossless - A term describing a data compression algorithm which retains all the information in the data, allowing it to be recovered perfectly by decompression.
Unix compress and GNU gzip perform lossless compression. recording capability with unique, "change-on-the-fly", "hot -swappable" digital media functionality improves operational efficiency through reduced number of tape transfers
(Standard, 16- or 32-channel, analog base unit)
* Sampling Frequency: Adjustable 1 Hz to 216 KHz, selectable
* Bandwidth: Up to 97.2 kHz per channel (across all channels), 24 bits rounded to 16
* Channels: Standard 16 or 32 channel base unit, infinitely expandable in 16 or 32 channel increments to produce large channel count synchronously sampled systems
* Storage Media: Dual "hot swappable", front-mounted 750 Gbyte hard disk drives or optional dual LTO-4 800 Gbyte tape units or solid state memory storage devices
* Input Quantization (1) The division of a range of values into a single number, code or classification. For example, class A is 0 to 999, class B is 1000 to 9999 and class C is 10000 and above.
(2) In analog to digital conversion, the assignment of a number to the amplitude of a wave. : 24 bits rounded to 16
* Input Impedance: 1 mega-ohm
* Input Range: +/-0.1 to +/-10 volts in 1, 2 & 5 steps
* Coupling: AC/DC
* DC Offset: +/- 100% in 1% steps
* IEPE Excitation: 3-21 mA
* Dynamic Range: >88 dB (measured at input > +/-1 volt)
* Output Impedance: 50 Ohm
* Output Level: +/-10 volts in .01 volt steps
* Total Harmonic Distortion The total harmonic distortion, or THD, of a signal is a measurement of the harmonic distortion present and is defined as the ratio of the sum of the powers of all harmonic components to the power of the fundamental. : < -84 dB (Input to Output)
Optional Signal Conditioning Highlights;
* Gain: 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000
* Maximum Measurable Input Voltage: 10Vpk, 20Vpp
* Maximum Input Voltage Protection: 40Vpk minimum
* CMMR CMMR Center for Multilingual, Multicultural Research
CMMR Common Modular Multimode Radar
CMMR Confirmed and Made a Matter of Record : 110 dB, 0-60 Hz
* Input Impedance: 10 Mohms
* Calibration: Full end-to-end and shunt To divert, switch or bypass.
* Built-In calibration bus
* Differential/Single Ended
* Over voltage, compliance voltage, short circuit continuous monitoring on each channel
* Built-in test and automated, full-factory acceptance test
New Jersey-based DSPCon is a leading systems integrator and full-service solution provider of high-bandwidth, high-performance data acquisition, analysis and archiving systems for governmental agencies and commercial enterprises in the military, defense, aerospace, avionics, machinery, manufacturing and telecommunications industries. Certified to ISO (1) See ISO speed.
(2) (International Organization for Standardization, Geneva, Switzerland, www.iso.ch) An organization that sets international standards, founded in 1946. The U.S. member body is ANSI. 9001:2008 quality standards, DSPCon solutions empower organizations to streamline test and development cycles and improve operational and production efficiencies by slashing the time between data acquisition and processed analytical results.
Today, DSPCon products and services support a wide variety of mission-critical signal processing applications including acoustic, vibration, shock and rotating machinery analysis; sonar and radar processing; digital data recording and jet engine testing. With hundreds of deployed solutions and over a decade and a half of experience in digital signal processing See DSP.
Digital Signal Processing - (DSP) Computer manipulation of analog signals (commonly sound or image) which have been converted to digital form (sampled). , systems integration and software development, DSPCon continues to be at the forefront in meeting the unique data acquisition needs of world-class organizations such as Pratt & Whitney, Honeywell and General Dynamics. For additional information, please visit www.dspcon.com.
DSPCon, DataFlex-1000, and DataFlex-1000A are trademarks of DSPCon, Inc. Other company, brand, and product names referenced herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.