DHS awards first source contracts.The Homeland Security Department There were gaps in the U.S. system for detecting and deterring terrorist acts in the homeland. That became clear September 11, 2001. The Department of Homeland Security is the george w. bush administration's plug for those gaps. named 11 vendors to receive contracts under the First Source set-aside procurement for commodity IT hardware.
They will compete for task orders worth up to $3 billion over five years.
Awards went to:
* All Points Logistics Inc. of Titusville, FL;
* Computer World Services Corp. of Washington;
* EG Government Acquisitions Inc. of Cincinnati;
* GovPlace of Irvine, CA;
* iGov of McLean, VA;
* MultimaxArray FirstSource of Greenbelt, MD;
* NCS (Network Call Signaling) CableLabs version of MGCP. See MGCP/MEGACO.
NCS - Network Computing System: Apollo's RPC system used by DEC and Hewlett-Packard.The protocol has been adopted by OSF. Technologies Inc. of Manassas, VA;
* Net Direct Systems LLC (Logical Link Control) See "LANs" under data link protocol.
LLC - Logical Link Control of Apex, NC;
* Solutions LLC of Reston, VA;
* ST Net-Apptis FirstSource Joint Venture of ChantiUy, VA; and
* WildFlower wildflower
Any flowering plant that grows without intentional human aid. Wildflowers are the source of all cultivated garden varieties of flowers. A wildflower growing where it is unwanted is considered a weed. International Ltd. of Santa Fe Santa Fe, city, Argentina
Santa Fe, city (1991 pop. 341,000), capital of Santa Fe prov., NE Argentina, a river port near the Paraná, with which it is connected by canal. , NM.
The awards are part of DHS's move to consolidate IT procurement department-wide. The First Source contract is a companion to the EAGLE multiple-award contract for IT services.