Crist Holds Key to Fixing Florida's Broken Insurance System.
FreedomWorks urges governor to sign legislation that will take steps to relieve the state's insurance nightmare
TALLAHASSE, Fla. -- Whether or not Florida's insurance system gets on the road to recovery is now a question only Governor Charlie Crist Charles Joseph "Charlie" Crist, Jr. (born July 24 1956), is an American politician of the Republican Party and the current Governor of Florida. Crist served as state attorney general from 2003 to 2007.
Crist was born in Altoona, Pennsylvania. can answer.
HB 1171, legislation that would take positive steps towards addressing the state's current insurance nightmare by allowing more private companies to compete with the state-run Citizens Property Insurance Corporation and giving Florida consumers greater choice in the insurance marketplace, has passed out of the Florida Legislature The Florida Legislature is the state legislature of the U.S. state of Florida. The Florida Constitution mandates a bicameral state legislature with an upper house Florida Senate of 40 members and a lower Florida House of Representatives of 120 members. and now awaits action by the governor.
If Crist signs or does nothing in the next 15 days HB 1171 will become law automatically. Only if he proactively vetoes it will this important reform be scrapped.
Hurricane season Hurricane season refers to a period in a year when hurricanes usually form. For more information see: Tropical cyclone#Times of formation.
For a lists of past seasons, see:
tr.v. o·ver·ex·posed, o·ver·ex·pos·ing, o·ver·ex·pos·es
1. To expose too long or too much: Don't overexpose the children to television.
2. and teeters on the brink of disaster. In addition, the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund faces shortfalls of more than $18 billion should a major storm hit.
To address this desperate situation Florida FreedomWorks has been engrossed en·gross
tr.v. en·grossed, en·gross·ing, en·gross·es
1. To occupy exclusively; absorb: A great novel engrosses the reader. See Synonyms at monopolize.
2. in a campaign to promote pro-growth insurance reform - including passage of HB 1171 - since March. Activists have called, emailed, and even visited their lawmakers in Tallahassee to show their support for the legislation, and FreedomWorks Chairman Dick Armey even traveled to Florida to rally the grassroots on behalf of this important reform. Now, as this critical reform nears the finish line, FreedomWorks will focus its more than 52,000 members in the state to contact Governor Crist and urge him to enact HB 1171, which would expand customer choice and encourage more insurers to do business in Florida, providing much needed capital for the state.
FreedomWorks Chairman Dick Armey commented, "Florida's insurance system is in dire straits Noun 1. dire straits - a state of extreme distress
straits, strait, pass - a bad or difficult situation or state of affairs , but Governor Crist has an opportunity to get it back on track and functioning properly. Before him is legislation that will tear down regulatory barriers, inject in·ject
1. To introduce a substance, such as a drug or vaccine, into a body part.
2. To treat by means of injection. competition into the system, and empower consumers with choice in providers. By enacting this law, the governor can demonstrate to Floridians that he is a believer in market-based solutions that encourage competition and promote consumer choice."