Create a treasure map.
1. Cut off one side of a paper grocery bag. Cut wavy or jagged edges around it.
2. Crumple the paper into a small ball several times to make it look wrinkly and aged, Smooth it out.
3. Decide where you want to hide your treasure, then create landmarks on your map using markers, construction paper, or stickers.
4. Measure how many steps it is from one place to another and mark the number of paces with dots on the map. Mark the treasure chest's hiding place with an X.
5. Roll up the map and tie it with ribbon. Hide your treasure, then let friends take turns using the map to find it.
Photos by Nannette Bedway.