Countdown to Canada: 2007 Collaborative Conference * March 23-27 * Toronto, Ontario.
Highlights of the conference will include:
* Five full days of educational sessions and industry showcases
* Evening concerts featuring pianist Yefim Bronfman, the Toronto Symphony Orchestra with pianist Jane Coop and student soloists with the Royal Conservatory Orchestra
* Master classes by artists Jane Coop, David Wehr and Marvin Blickenstaff
* Free pre-conference workshop Pedagogy Friday, focusing on student evaluation and assessment in the studio
* National competitions finals showcasing the talents of students from the United States and Canada
* Exhibit hall featuring the latest print music, music products, instruments and accessories
You won't want to miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to explore pedagogical diversity with your colleagues from across North America. For more information or to register, visit the MTNA website at www.mtna.org and click on "Conference."
While travel to Canada for association members is very common, a passport will be required for attendees entering Canada via plane or ship after December 31, 2006. For the most updated information about applying for a passport and specific requirements, please visit www.travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html. Please note if your passport has less than six months validity, be aware that some countries will not permit you to enter or will not place a visa in your passport.
Saturday, March 24: Piano Recital
Conference Artist, Yefim Bronfman
Yefim Bronfman is widely regarded as one of the most talented virtuoso pianists performing today. His commanding technique and exceptional lyrical gifts have won him consistent critical acclaim and enthusiastic audiences worldwide, whether for his solo recitals, his prestigious orchestral engagements or his rapidly growing catalogue of recordings.
Saturday, March 24: Plenary Session
Keynote Speaker, James Jordan
James Jordan is one of the nation's pre-eminent conductors, writers and innovators in choral music. He has produced 10 major textbooks and several choral series bearing his name, as well as contributed to four other textbooks.
Monday March 26: Plenary Session
Keynote Speaker, Bramwell Tovey
Bramwell Tovey is an English-born conductor and composer. He is the music director of the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra and has been involved with a number of television programs related to music and with a number of youth ensembles and concerts.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||American Music Teacher|
|Date:||Oct 1, 2006|
|Previous Article:||Daniel Steiner.|
|Next Article:||5 minutes with ... Ruth Edwards.|