* National Institute of Corrections The National Institute of Corrections (NIC) is an agency of the United States government. It is part of the United States Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Prisons. , Satellite/Internet Distance Learning Training Program, "Building Futures: Offender Job Retention for Corrections Professionals," Oct. 7-11. Contact Mary Ann Karre at 1-800-995-6429, ext.149.
* American Correctional Association The American Correctional Association is an association of providers of services to prisons in the United States. It holds an annual trade show where products used in prisons are shown to prospective purchasers.
It was formerly known as the American Prison Association. , Workshop, "Interpersonal Communication Interpersonal communication is the process of sending and receiving information between two or more people. Types of Interpersonal Communication
This kind of communication is subdivided into dyadic communication, Public speaking, and small-group communication. Skills," Oct. 10-11, ACA ACA - Application Control Architecture , 4380 Forbes Blvd., Lanham, MD 20706. Contact Marie Hinton at (301) 918-1874; e-mail: email@example.com.
* Colorado Criminal Justice Association, Annual Training Conference, Oct. 10-11, Wyndham Hotel and Conference Center, Colorado Springs, Colo. Contact Brenda Van Egmond at (719) 269-4402.
* Michigan Corrections Association, "Regrouping in These Troubled Times," Oct. 11, Detroit. Contact Michelle Van Dusen at 1-800-455-9906; e-mail: Michigan CorrectionsAssociation@hotmail.com.
* American Society for Testing and Materials, ASTM ASTM
American Society for Testing and Materials Committee F-12 on Security Systems and Equipment, Oct. 15-16, Norfolk, Va. Contact Joe Hugo at (610) 832-9740; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Web site: www.astm.org/COMMIT/ F12.htm.
* Alabama Council on Crime and Delinquency, Oct. 15-18, Beachside beach·side
Situated on or along a beach. Resort Hotel, Gulf Shores, Ala. Contact Martha White at (256) 236-3521.
* Oregon Criminal Justice Association, Training Conference, Oct. 20-22, Eugene Hilton, Eugene, Ore. Contact Nedra Bagley at (503) 988-5051; e-mail: email@example.com; Web site: www.open.org/~ocja/conf2002.htm.
* International Association of Correctional Training Personnel, 18th Annual Correctional Trainers Conference, Oct. 20-23, Holiday Inn Sunspree, Scottsdale, Ariz. Contact Mike Gillen at (617) 960-3315; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Web site: www.iactp.org.
* International Corrections and Prisons Association The International Corrections and Prisons Association (ICPA) is a not-for-profit association for criminal justice professionals to join in a dialogue and to share ideas and practices aimed at advancing professional corrections. , Fourth Annual General Meeting, Oct. 20-25, Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Contact Jennifer Oades at (613) 943-3059; Web site: www. icpa.ca.
* Correctional Association of Massachusetts, Annual Fall Conference, Oct. 22, Holiday Inn, Mansfield, Mass. Contact CAM at (413) 782-9443; e-mail: email@example.com.
* American Correctional Association, Workshop, "Crisis Negotiations for Corrections," Oct. 23-25, ACA, 4380 Forbes Blvd., Lanham, MD 20706. Contact Marie Hinton at (301) 918-1874; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Minnesota Correctional Association, Oct. 23-25, Duluth, Minn. Contact Monique Drier at (612) 348-8696.
* New York New York, state, United States
New York, Middle Atlantic state of the United States. It is bordered by Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and the Atlantic Ocean (E), New Jersey and Pennsylvania (S), Lakes Erie and Ontario and the Canadian province of Corrections and Youth Services Association, Annual CAYSA CAYSA Capitol Area Youth Soccer Association
CAYSA Capital Area Youth Symphony Association (Olympia, Washington)
CAYSA Corrections & Youth Services Association
CAYSA Central Area Youth Soccer Association Training Symposium, Oct. 23-25, Lake Placid Hilton, Lake Placid, N.Y. Contact M. Thies at (845) 691-6006, ext. 1050; e-mail: email@example.com; Web site www.corrections.com/caysa/.
* GAINS Center, 2002 National Conference, "Policy and Practice: Expanding Access to Community-Based Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services for People With Co-Occurring Disorders in Contact With the Justice System," Oct. 28-30, Hotel Nikko, San Francisco. Contact GAINS Center at 1-800-311-GAIN; Web site: www.gainsctr.com.
* International Community Corrections Association, 2002 Annual Conference and Training, "What's New in the New Millennium? What We Know After a Decade of Research Conferences," Nov. 3-6, Park Plaza Hotel, Boston. Contact John Larivee at (617) 482-2520; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Web site: www.iccaweb.com.
* American Correctional Association, Workshop, "The 'X' Files: Understanding, Managing and Retaining the Generation-X Correctional Worker," Nov. 7-8, ACA, 4380 Forbes Blvd., Lanham, MD 20706. Contact Marie Hinton at (301) 918-1874; e-mail: email@example.com.
* American Correctional Association, Workshop, "Community Service: A Restorative Justice A philosophical framework and a series of programs for the criminal justice system that emphasize the need to repair the harm done to crime victims through a process of negotiation, mediation, victim empowerment, and Reparation.
The U.S. Concept, More Than Picking Up Trash!" Nov. 14-15, ACA, 4380 Forbes Blvd., Lanham, MD 20706. Contact Marie Hinton at (301) 918-11874; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* American Correctional Association, Workshop, "Train the Trainer," Nov. 18-22, ACA, 4380 Forbes Blvd., Lanham, MD 20706. Contact Marie Hinton at (301) 918-1874; e-mail: email@example.com.
* North Carolina North Carolina, state in the SE United States. It is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean (E), South Carolina and Georgia (S), Tennessee (W), and Virginia (N). Facts and Figures
Area, 52,586 sq mi (136,198 sq km). Pop. Correctional Association, 23rd Annual Conference, Nov. 2022, Atlantic Beach Sheridan, Atlantic Beach, N.C. Contact Barbara Pierce at (910) 829-6350; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Alston Wilkes Society, Annual Meeting and Awards Luncheon, Nov. 21, Seawell's Restaurant, Columbia, S.C. Contact S. Anne Walker at (803) 799-2490.
* Arizona Telemedicine Program and Arizona Department of Corrections The Arizona Department of Corrections is in charge of the incarceration of tens of thousands of inmates in the U.S. state of Arizona. The ADC also manages over 4,000 inmates who have been paroled or that are statutorily released. (endorsed by ACA and the American Correctional Health Services health services Managed care The benefits covered under a health contract Association), Fourth Annual National Corrections Telemedicine Conference, Nov. 24-26, Lowes Ventana Canyon Resort, Tucson, Aruz., Call (520) 626-4785; Web site: www.nctc2002.com.
* Ohio Correctional and Court Services Association, Conference, Dec. 1, Cincinnati. Contact Norman Rose at (419) 526-2100; Web site: www.occsa.org.
* Tennessee Department of Correction The Tennessee Department of Correction is a Cabinet-level agency within the Tennessee state government, headed by the Tennessee Commissioner of Correction, who is currently George Little. , Ninth National Conference of Women Working in Corrections and Juvenile Justice, "Reaching Beyond Borders: Seizing Opportunities and Creating Partnerships," Dec. 1-4, Peabody Hotel, Memphis, Tenn. Contact Linda Dodson at (615) 253-8141; fax (615) 532-8281; e-mail: email@example.com.
* China Prison Society and Society of Rehabilitation and Crime Prevention, Offender Rehabilitation in the 21st Century International Conference, Dec. 2-5, Hong Kong. Contact Cheung Sin-tong Janice at (852) 2527 1322; fax (852) 2865 1089; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Web site:www.sracp.org.hk/conference.