* Correctional Education Association The Correctional Education Association (CEA) was founded in 1930 to provide educational services in correctional settings. This non-profit professional association is the largest affiliate of the American Correctional Association. , 57th Annual International Conference, Aug. 11-14, Portland, Ore. Contact Ruth Perkins at (503) 378-2032.
* American Correctional Food Service Association (ACFSA ACFSA American Correctional Food Service Association ), 33rd Annual International Conference, "Successfully Navigating Change," Aug. 17-21, Daytona Beach, Fla. Contact ACFSA at (952) 928-4658; e-mail: email@example.com.
* American Probation and Parole Association, 27th Annual Training Institute, Aug. 25-28, Denver. Contact Chris Chappell at (859) 244-8204.
* Florida Council on Crime and Delinquency, Annual Training Institute, Aug. 27-30, Daytona Beach, Fla. Contact Maria DiBernardo at (561) 476-4800.
* National Institute of Corrections, Live Satellite/Internet Videoconference, "A Collaborative Approach to Staff Recruitment and Retention," Aug. 28. Contact Mary Ann Karre at 1-800-995-6429, ext. 149; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Web site: www.nicic.org.
* Worldwide Conventions and Business Forums (WCBF WCBF Worldwide Conventions and Business Forums )--Security Intelligence Solutions, Global Security Summit for Transportation Systems and Critical Transport Infrastructure, Sept. 4-5, the Radisson, Chicago. Contact Vijay Bajajaby at e-mail: email@example.com; Web site: www.wcbf.com/security/6000/. Corrections Today readers are entitled to a 20 percent discount on registration. To take part in this unique opportunity, visit the WCBF Web site and enter 6000-20 in the Registration Code box.
* Kentucky Council on Crime and Delinquency, 43rd Annual Conference, "Characteristics of the Criminal Justice Professional," Sept. 4-6, Galt House, Louisville, Ky. Contact Michael A. King at (502) 426-0454.
* American Correctional Association, Workshop, "Prison and Jail Security," Sept. 5-6, ACA ACA - Application Control Architecture , 4380 Forbes Blvd., Lanham, MD 20706. Contact Marie Hinton at (301) 918-1874; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* European Society of Criminology, Conference 2002, "European Criminology: Sharing Borders, Sharing a Discipline," Sept. 5-7, Toledo, Spain. Contact Cristina Rechea Alberola at 34 967 59 92 00, ext. 2139; fax 34 967 59 92 16; e-mail: email@example.com.
* California Probation, Parole and Correctional Association, Conference, Sept. 10, Esemeralda, Calif. Contact Ross Hutchings at (916) 263-1335.
* Western Correctional Association and Montana Correctional Association, Sept. 10-12, Copper King Inn, Butte, Mont. Contact Jason Kovensky at e-mail: CCCS CCCS Consumer Credit Counseling Service
CCCS Colorado Community College System
CCCS Core Curriculum Content Standards
CCCS Calvary Chapel Christian School
CCCS Current Controlled Current Source
CCCS Corpus Christi Catholic School
CCCS Call Centre Council of Singapore firstname.lastname@example.org.
* American Correctional Association, Workshop, "Developing Successful Grant Proposals," Sept. 12-13, ACA, 4380 Forbes Blvd., Lanham, MD 20706. Contact Marie Hinton at (301) 918 1874; e-mail: email@example.com.
* National Major Gang Task Force, Conference, Sept. 15-18, Atlanta. Contact Edward Cohn at (317) 322-0537.
* Virginia Correctional Association, Sept. 17-19, Williamsburg, Va. Contact Joyce Fogg at (804) 786-7592; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. va.us.
* National Institute of Corrections, Satellite/Internet Distance Learning Training Program, "Thinking for a Change: An Integrated Approach to Changing Offender Behavior," Sept. 17-20. Contact Mary Ann Karre at 1-800-995-6429, ext. 149; www.nicic.org.
* American Correctional Association, Workshop, "Volunteers and Corrections: A Win-Win for Everyone," Sept. 23-24, ACA, 4380 Forbes Blvd., Lanham, MD 20706. Contact Marie Hinton at (301) 918-1874; e-mail: email@example.com.
* American Correctional Association and El Paso County El Paso County may refer to one of the following counties in the United States:
* Kansas Correctional Association, Sept. 24-27, Wichita, Kan. Contact Ron Hicks at (620) 728-3226; e-mail: RonH@kdoc.dc.state.ks.us.
* Oklahoma Correctional Association, Conference, "Teamwork for a New Age in Corrections," Sept. 25-27, Oklahoma City. Contact Vickie Shoecraft at (405) 964-3020; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Washington Correctional Association, Sept. 25-27, Wenatchee, Wash. Contact Pamela Maddess at (253) 589-7052; Web site: www. yoda.bmi.net/wca.
* Canadian Criminal Justice Association, International Centre for Criminal Law Reform and Criminal Justice Policy and Simon Fraser University Simon Fraser University, main campus at Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada; provincially supported; coeducational; chartered 1963, opened 1965. The Harbour Centre campus in downtown Vancouver opened in 1989. Centre for Restorative Justice, National Conference, "Advancing Restorative Justice: Enhancing Practices and Expanding Horizons," Sept. 26-28, Gatineau, Quebec. Contact Jean-Marc Plouffe at (819) 595-3292; Web site: www.restorjust.homestead.com/ index.html.
* Maryland Criminal Justice Association, Fall Conference, Sept. 29-Oct. 1, Ocean City, Md. Contact Richard Darling at (410) 708-8555.
* Wisconsin Correctional Association, Sept. 30-Oct. 1, Madison, Wis. Contact Bonnie Hudziak at (622) 646-3341, ext. 201.
* Tennessee Correctional Association (TCA TCA
1. trichloroacetic acid.
2. tricarboxylic acid cycle (Krebs cycle).
TCA Tricyclic antidepressant, see there ), Conference, "TCA--United We Stand," Sept. 30-Oct. 2, Regal Maxwell House, Nashville, Tenn. Contact Carolyn Jordan at e-mail: Carolyn.L.Jordan@state.tn.us.
* Australian and New Zealand Society of Criminology, 16th Annual Conference, "Preventing Crime and Doing Justice," Oct. 1-3, Brisbane, Queensland, in conjunction with the conference, "Governance and Justice 2002," Oct. 3-5. Visit Web site: www.gu. edu.au/school/ccj/ANZSOC2002/.
* American Correctional Association, Workshop, "Supervising Female Offenders," Oct. 2-3, ACA, 4380 Forbes Blvd., Lanham, MD 20706. Contact Marie Hinton at (301) 918-1874; e-mail: email@example.com.
* Bureau of Justice Statistics Noun 1. Bureau of Justice Statistics - the agency in the Department of Justice that is the primary source of criminal justice statistics for federal and local policy makers
BJS (BJS) and Justice Research and Statistics Association The Justice Research and Statistics Association (JRSA) is a national nonprofit organization of state Statistical Analysis Centers (SACs), researchers, and practitioners throughout government, academia, and justice organizations. (JRSA JRSA Justice Research and Statistics Association ), BJS/JRSA 2002, "The Evolving Nature of Crime: Issues of Measurement and Impact," Oct. 3-4, Boston. Contact Karen Maline at (202) 842-9330; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Colorado Correctional Association, Annual Training Conference, Oct. 6-9, Hyatt Regency Hotel, Beaver Creek, Colo. Contact Brenda Van Egmond at (719) 269-4402.
* Juvenile Justice Trainers Association and National Juvenile Detention Association, Joint Conference, Oct. 6-9, Riviera Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas. Contact Barbara Collins at (831) 336-0611; e-mail: email@example.com.
* National Association of Pretrial Services Agencies, 30th Annual Conference and Training Institute, Oct. 6-9, Doubletree Hotel, Crystal City, Va. Contact Marilyn Walczak at (414) 297-9161; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* National Institute of Corrections, Satellite/Internet Distance Learning Training Program, "Building Futures: Offender Job Retention for Corrections Professionals," Oct. 7-11. Contact Mary Ann Karre at 1-800-995-6429, ext. 149.
* American Correctional Association (ACA), Workshop, "Interpersonal Communication Skills," Oct. 10-11, ACA, 4380 Forbes Blvd., Lanham, MD 20706. Contact Marie Hinton at (301) 918-1874; e-mail: email@example.com.
* American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM ASTM
American Society for Testing and Materials ), ASTM Committee F-12 on Security Systems and Equipment, Oct. 15-16, Norfolk, Va. Contact Joe Hugo at (610) 832-9740; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Web site: www.astm.org/COMMIT/F12.htm.
* Alabama Council on Crime and Delinquency, Oct. 15-18, Beachside Resort Hotel, Gulf Shores, Ala. Contact Martha White at (256) 236-3521.
* International Association of Correctional Training Personnel, 18th Annual Correctional Trainers Conference, Oct. 20-23, Holiday Inn Sunspree, Scottsdale, Ariz. Contact Mike Gillen at (617) 960-3315; e-mail: email@example.com; Web site: www.iactp.org.