* National Institute of Corrections, April 11-13, National Offender Workforce Development Conference, Adams Mark Hotel, St. Louis. For more information, contact registration at (314) 209-9400 or visit www.proworkdev.com.
* Maryland Criminal Justice Association, April 12, Ramada BWI. For more information, visit www.mdle.net/mcja.
* Association of Paroling Authorities International, April 23-26, Reno, Nev. For more information, contact Gail Hughes at (573) 796-2113.
* National Organization for Hispanics in Criminal Justice, "Celebrating a Diversity of Cultures in the Criminal Justice Field," April 24-27, Hyatt Regency, Albuquerque, N.M. For more information, contact Rachel Rodriguez at (505) 827-8710 or email@example.com.
* Mental Health in Corrections Consortium, 2006 Symposium, "Offender Re-Entry: Best Practice Models for Reducing Recidivism," May 2-3, Marriott Country Club Plaza, Kansas City, Mo. Contact Becky Moyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (417) 823-3417.
* American Correctional Health Services Association, 2006 Multidisciplinary Training Conference, May 11-13, Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, Durham, N.C. For more information, contact ACHSA at (877) 918-1842 or visit www.achsa.org.
* Correctional Accreditation Managers Association, May 12-16, Seminar, Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, Indianapolis. For more information, contact Bob Fray at (317) 232-5972 or visit www.corrections.com/cama/Seminars.htm.
* Middle Atlantic States Correctional Association, Annual Conference, May 21-24, Wyndham Inner Harbor Hotel, Baltimore. For more information visit http://masca.20m.com/photo4.html.
* American Jail Association, Annual Training Conference and Expo, May 21-25, Salt Lake City. For more information, contact AJA at (301) 790-3930 or visit www.corrections.com/aja/conferences/annual_message.shtml.
* Ohio Correctional and Court Services Association, June 5-6, For more information, contact Bernard Rochford at (330) 535-8116 or visit www.occsa.org.
* Texas Correctional Association, 2006 Conference, June 11-14, Omni Bayfront Hotel, Corpus Christi, Texas. For more information, contact TCA at (521) 346-5820 or visit www.txcorrections.org.
* National Law Enforcement and Corrections Technology Center, 7th Annual Innovative Technologies for Community Corrections Conference, June 12-14, Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, Atlanta. For more information, contact Joe Russo at 1-800-416-8086 or email@example.com.
* European Forum for Victim-Offender Mediation and Restorative Justice, Conference, "Restorative Justice and Beyond--An Agenda for Europe," June 15-17, Barcelona, Spain. Contact Jolien Willemsens at +3216325429 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention, Stockholm Criminology Symposium, "Recognizing Knowledge to Reduce Crime and Justice," June 15-17, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden. For more information, visit www.worldcriminology.org.
* National Sheriff's Association, NSA 2006 Conference, June 18-21, Orlando, Fla. For more information, call (703) 683-6541 or visit www.sheriffs.org/conf-annual.shtml.
* Southern States Correctional Association, SCCA 37th Annual Conference, July 16-19, Charleston, W.Va. For more information, call (601) 824-1515 or visit www.sscaweb.com.
* National Institute of Justice, NIJ Conference 2006, "Criminal Justice Research, Development and Evaluation in the Social and Physical Sciences," July 17-19, JW Marriott, Washington, D.C. For more information, contact Dan Tompkins at (202) 514-6275, http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/nij/events/nij_conference2006.html.
* American Probation and Parole Association, July 23-26, Chicago. For more information, contact Carl Wicklund at (859) 244-8216 or visit www.appa-net.org.
* Correctional Education Association, 61st International Conference, July 30-Aug. 2, Anaheim Marriott, Anaheim, Calif. For more information, contact CEA at 1-800-783-1232 or visit www.ceanational.org.
* Council of Juvenile Correctional Administrators, CJCA Summer Business Meeting, Aug. 11-13, Charlotte Convention Center, Charlotte, N.C. For more information, contact Ned Loughran at (781) 843-2663 or visit www.cjca.net.
* American Correctional Food Services Association, 2006 International Conference, Aug. 20-24, Royale All-Suites Resort and Convention Center, Orlando, Fla. For more information, contact ACFSA at (952) 928-4658 or visit www.acfsa.org.
* Association of Women Executives in Corrections, Sept. 8-10, Phoenix. For more information, contact Luella Burke at (231) 845-1789 or aburke email@example.com.
* National Major Gang Task Force, Sept. 10-13, Indianapolis. For more information, contact Ed Cohn at (317) 322-0537 or visit www.nmgtf.org.
* Wisconsin Correctional Association, Sept. 17-19, Kahalari Resort and Conference Center, Wisconsin Dells, Wis. For more information, contact Tom Nickel at (920) 566-3105 or visit www.corrections.com/wisca.
* North American Association of Wardens and Superintendents and the Kentucky Council on Crime and Delinquency, Sept. 17-20, Louisville, Ky. For more information, contact Art Leonardo at (518) 429-1923 or visit www.corrections.com/naaws.
* Kansas Correctional Association, Fall 2006 Conference, Sept. 17-20. For more information, contact Mark Trivilino at (913) 764-7411 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.ksca.org.
* Indiana Correctional Association, Oct. 4-6, Roberts Hotel and Horizon Conference Center, Muncie, Ind. For more information, contact R.A. Tony Peck at (812) 526-8434 or visit www.indianacorrectionalassociation.org.
* New Jersey Chapter Association, Oct. 5-6, Hilton Resort and Casino, Atlantic City, N.J. For more information, contact George Yefchak at (609) 397-1905 or visit www.corrections.com/njaca.
* Transition of Prisoner Inc. and OASIS, 5th Annual National Prisoner Reentry Conference, "The Heart of the Matter," Oct. 13-15, Westin Park Central Hotel, Dallas. For more information, contact (313) 875-3883, ext.28, or visit www.topinc.net.
* Oklahoma Correctional Association, Oct. 18-20, Marriott Hotel, Oklahoma City. For more information, contact Jenny Handy at (405) 527-8901 or visit www.ocaonline.org.
* Washington Correctional Association, Oct. 25-27, Doubletree Inn, Spokane, Wash. For more information, contact Scott Frakes at (509) 543-5802 or visit www.bmi.net/wca.
* Minnesota Corrections Association, Oct. 25-27, Duluth, Minn. For more information, contact MCA Offices at (612) 220-9049 or visit www.mncorrections.org/mca.
* Virginia Correctional Association, Oct. 31-Nov. 2, Roanoke, Va. For more information, contact VCA at (804) 674-3303, ext. 1127, or visit www.vca-aca.org.
* South Carolina Correctional Association, Nov. 5-8. For more information, contact Rhonda Grant at (803) 732-2175 or visit www.sccorrectionalassociation.com.
* North Carolina Correctional Association, Nov. 15-17, Burlington, N.C. For more information, contact Kenneth Lassiter at (910) 844-3078 or visit http://ncca1979.com.
* Alston Wilkes Society, Annual Meeting, Nov. 16, Seawell's Restaurant, Columbia, S.C. For more information, contact Geraldine Lockhart at (803) 799-2490.
* Ohio Correctional and Court Services Association, Dec. 11-12. For more information, contact Bernard Rochford at (330) 535-8116 or visit www.occsa.org.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Apr 1, 2006|
|Previous Article:||Collaborative effort educates future correctional administrators.|
|Next Article:||Gang suppression & institutional control.|