Corrections calendar.* National Correctional Industries Association, Training Conference and Exhibition, "Strategic Alliances: Dynamic Results," April 10-13, Hyatt Regency Hotel, Minneapolis. Contact NCIA NCIA Native Client Interface Architecture
NCIA National Center on Institutions and Alternatives
NCIA National Council of Instructional Administrators
NCIA National Correctional Industries Association
NCIA National Counterintelligence Authorities at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.nationalcia.org/e2005/e2005. html.
* Mental Health in Corrections Consortium, 2005 Symposium, "Integrated Mental Health Skills and Services: The Total Correctional Population," April 12-13, Marriott Country Club Plaza The Country Club Plaza (often referred to as "the Plaza") is an upscale shopping district in Kansas City, Missouri, USA. It was the first shopping center in the world designed to accommodate shoppers arriving by automobile. , Kansas City, Mo. Contact Becky Moyer at bmoyer @forest.edu.
* North American Association of Wardens and Superintendents, International Conference, April 15-20, New Orleans. Contact Art Leonardo at (518) 786-6801 or visit www.corrections.com/naaws.
* ASTM International, Committee F12 on Security Systems and Equipment Meeting, April 18-20, Hilton Reno Resort, Nevada. Contact Joe Hugo at (610) 832-9740; jhugo@ astm.org; or visit www.astm.org/ commit/F12.htm.
* Juvenile Justice Trainers Association, Best Practices in Staff Development and Training, April 21-23, Hammond, La. Contact Barbara Collins at (410) 381-6885.
* Correctional Accreditation Managers Association, 18th Annual Training Conference, April 22-26, Seaport Hotel, Boston. Contact Nancy Agoglia at (508) 422-3337 or visit http://cama.corrections.com.
* Association of Paroling Authorities International, Training Conference 2005, April 24-27, Marriott Inner Harbor Hotel, Baltimore. For more information, visit www.apaintl.org/ Conference.html.
* American Society of Victimology vic·tim·ol·o·gy
The study of crime victims.
victim·olo·gist n. , Third American Symposium on Victimology, April 27-30, California State University Enrollment
at Fresno. Contact Thomas Underwood at thomas, underwood @washburn.edu or visit www.american-society-victimology.us.
* International Association of Correctional Officers, National Correctional Officers Week International, April 30-May 7. Contact Mel Grieshaber at (517) 485-3310 or email@example.com.
* Child Welfare League of America, 2005 Juvenile Justice National Symposium, June 1-3, Miami. Contact Dodd White at dwhite@cwla. org; (202) 639-4959; or visit www.cwla.org/conferences/2005jj symposium.html.
* Sexual Assault Response Team sexual assault response team A team of health care professionals–eg, ER physician, forensic nurse, social worker, specifically trained in responding to victims of sexual assault–rape; SARTs combine '… , Third National Training Conference, June 1-3, San Francisco. For more information, visit www.sane-sart. com.
* Middle Atlantic States Middle Atlantic States also Mid-At·lan·tic States
The U.S. states of New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and usually Delaware and Maryland. Correctional Association and Pennsylvania Association on Probation, Parole and Corrections, 2005 Annual Conference and Training Institute, June 5-8, Hershey Lodge and Convention Center, Pennsylvania. Contact Michael Frey at (610) 278-3454 or visit www. corrections.com/masca.
* Monash University, Conference, "What Works With Women Offenders: A Cross-National Dialogue About Effective Responses to Female Offenders," June 20-22, Prato, Italy. Contact Annabel Whitby at 61-38575-2215/14; firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.prato.turismo.toscana.it.
* National Sheriffs' Association, Annual Conference and Exhibition, June 25-29, Louisville, Ky. Contact NSA at (703) 836-7827; email@example.com; or visit www.sheriffs.org.
* Correctional Education Association The Correctional Education Association (CEA) was founded in 1930 to provide educational services in correctional settings. This non-profit professional association is the largest affiliate of the American Correctional Association. , 60th International Conference, "Education Grows from the Heartland," July 10-13, Des Moines, Iowa “Des Moines” redirects here. For other uses, see Des Moines (disambiguation).
Des Moines (pronounced /dɪˈmɔɪn/ in English, . Contact Carol Magoon at (641) 858-2554 or visit www.ceanational.org.
* United States Deputy Wardens Association, 60th Annual Conference, July 10-14, Madison Concourse Hotel, Wisconsin. Contact Beth Dittmann at (608) 847-1754 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Southern States Correctional Association, Annual Training Conference, July 17-20, Sawgrass Marriot Resort, Point Vedra Beach, Fla. Contact Lawrence Vaults at (512) 854-5421 or visit www.ssca web.com
* National Institute of Justice, Annual Research and Evaluation Conference, July 18-20, Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.ojp.usdoj.gov/nij.
* American Probation and Parole Association, 30th Annual Training Institute, July 24-27, Marriott Marquis, New York. Contact APPA at (859) 244-8204 or visit www.appanet.org.
* American Correctional Association, 135th Congress of Correction, "Building Alliances for a Stronger Voice in Corrections," Aug. 6-10, Baltimore. Contact ACA's conventions department at 1-800-222-5646, ext. 1922, or visit www.aca.org.
* National Institute of Justice, Eighth Annual Crime Mapping Research Conference, "Research and Practice Affecting Public Policy," Sept. 7-10, Savannah, Ga. For more information, visit www.ojp.usdoj.gov/ nij/maps/savannah2005.
* National Major Gang Task Force, 11th Annual NMGTF NMGTF National Major Gangs Task Force Training Conference, Sept. 11-14, Little Rock, Ark. Contact Dawn Stephens at (317) 322-0537 or email@example.com.
* Wisconsin Correctional Association, Fall Conference, Sept. 26-27, Olympia Resort and Conference Center, Oconomowoc, Wis. Contact Dick Taddey at (920) 526-3244 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Association for Adult and Juvenile Female Offenders, 11th National Conference, Oct. 1-5, Sheraton Norfolk Hotel, Virginia. Contact Joyce Fogg at joyce.fogg@ vec.virginia.gov.
* International Community Corrections Association, 2005 Annual Conference, Oct. 3-6, Cincinnati. Contact Denise Robinson at (614) 252-8402 or visit www. iccaweb.org.
* Juvenile Justice Trainers Association, 11th Joint Conference on Juvenile Services, Oct. 16-19, Richmond, Va. Contact Barbara Collins at (410) 381-6885.