* U.S. Deputy Wardens Association, 59th Annual Conference, "Where It all Began," July 19-23, Crowne Plaza, Worcester, Mass. Visit www.corrections.com/usdwa.
* National Institute of Justice, Annual Conference on Criminal Justice Research and Evaluation, "Challenges of Evaluation Research," July 19-21, JW Marriot Hotel, Washington, D.C. Contact the Institute for Law and Justice at (703) 684-5300; firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.nijpcs.org/RE/.
* American Probation and Parole Association, 29th Annual Training Institute, July 25-28, Orlando Marriott World Center, Florida. Contact APPA at (859) 244-8204; or visit www.appa-net.org.
* American Correctional Association, 134th Congress of Correction, "Reaching Beyond Borders: Reshaping Justice Systems," July 31-Aug. 5, Navy Pier Chicago. Contact ACA's conventions department at 1-800-222-5646, ext. 1922.
* American Correctional Food Services Association, 2004 International Conference, Aug. 15-19, Hyatt Regency Sacramento, Calif. Contact Karen Wesloh at (952) 928-4658; or visit www.acfsa.com.
* National Institute of Corrections, Satellite/Internet Distance Learning Training Program, "Building Agency Success: Developing an Effective FTO/OJT Training Program," Aug. 17-19. Contact Mary Ann Karre at 1-800-995-6429, ext. 149; email@example.com.
* Florida Council on Crime and Delinquency, 75th Annual Conference, Aug. 23-27, Renaissance Valley Resort and Golf Club, St. Petersburg, Fla. Contact Bradley Carter at (850) 496-6700; or visit www.fccdweb.org.
* Central Missouri State University, Symposium, "Transition From Prison to Community Initiatives," Sept. 8-10, Warrensburg, Mo. Contact Don Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* National Major Gang Task Force, 10th Annual Training Conference, Sept. 12-15, Denver. Contact Ed Cohn at (317) 322-0537; or visit www.nmgtf.org.
* California Probation, Parole and Correctional Association, 2004 Annual Conference, Sept. 14-17, Disneyland, Anaheim, Calif. Contact Rich Gregson at (916) 263-1335; or visit www.cppca.org.
* Idaho Juvenile Justice Association and Idaho Correctional Association, Joint Congress, "Modeling What We Value," Sept. 19-22, Boise Riverside DoubleTree Hotel, Idaho. Contact Cynthia Wren at (208) 436-7199; email@example.com.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jul 1, 2004|
|Previous Article:||Continuing education home-study quiz.|
|Next Article:||Diverting offenders with mental illness from jail--a tale of two states.|