* National Crime Prevention Council and Youth Crime Watch of America, 15th National Crime Prevention Conference and International Forum, Feb. 14-17, Crystal Gateway Marriott. Arlington, Va. For more information, call (202) 261-4165.
* Western Society of Criminology, 31st Annual Conference, "Criminology and Practice: Expanding Horizons in Criminology," Feb, 19-22, Long Beach Hilton, Long Beach. Calif. For more information, visit www.sonoma. edu/cja/wsc/wscmain.html.
* National Institute of Corrections, Satellite/Internet Broadcast, "Implementing Effective Correctional Management of Offenders in the Community," Feb. 25. For more information, contact Mary Ann Karre at 1-800-995-6429, ext. 149; firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.nicic.org.
* Ohio Community Corrections Association, 2004 Conference, "The Risk Principle," March 16-19, Adams Mark Hotel, Columbus, Ohio. Contact Lusanne Green at (614) 252-8417; email@example.com; or visit www.occaonline.org.
* SEARCH, 2004 Symposium on Integrated Justice Information Systems, "Supporting the Homeland," March 22-24, Hyatt Regency Crystal City, Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.search.org.
* National Institute of Corrections, Internet Training Program. "Foundation Skills for Trainers," March 22-25. For more information, contact Leslie LeMaster at 1-800-9956429, ext. 121; firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.nicic.org.
* Central Missouri State University, Conference, "Impacting Juvenile Justice: The Intersection of Approaches," March 29-31, Central Missouri State University, Warrensburg, Mo. For more information, contact Fran Reddington at email@example.com; of visit www.cmsu.edu/cj/training.htm.
* International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association, International Training Conference and Expo, April 13-17, Chicago. For more information, contact ILEETA at (262) 279-7878; or visit www.ileeta.org.
* Mental Health in Corrections Consortium, 2004 Symposium, "Mental Health Training for the Correctional Environment: Research, Practice, Results," April 19-21. Marriott Country Club Plaza, Kansas City, Mo. For more information, contact Becky Moyer at 1-800-424-7793; firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.forest.edu.
* Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, Training Institute, "We the People: Project Citizen," April 24-30, San Jose, Calif. For more information, contact Roy Erickson at (916) 863-6614; email@example.com.
* The Gains Center, 2004 National Conference, "From Science to Services: Emerging Best Practices for People in Contact with the Justice System," May 12-14, Flamingo Hotel, Las Vegas. For more information, contact Jordan Gobrecht at 1-800-311-4246, ext. 237; firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.gainsctr.com.
* Middle Atlantic States Correctional Association, 2004 Annual Conference and Training Institute, 'The Family of Criminal Justice: In a New York State of Mind," June 6-9, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Albany, N.Y. For more information, contact Tony Czarnecki, conference chair, at (914) 231-1102; or visit www.corrections.com/masca.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jan 1, 2004|
|Next Article:||Gangs inside--table 1: general breakdown.|