Corrections calendar.* American Probation and Parole Association, 2004 Winter Training Institute, Feb. 8-11, Reno Hilton, Reno, Nev. For more information, call (859) 244-8204; or visit www.appa-net.org.
* National Crime Prevention Council and Youth Crime Watch of America, 15th National Crime Prevention Conference and International Forum, Feb. 14-17, Crystal Gateway Marriott. Arlington, Va. For more information, call (202) 261-4165.
* Western Society of Criminology, 31st Annual Conference, "Criminology and Practice: Expanding Horizons in Criminology," Feb, 19-22, Long Beach Hilton, Long Beach. Calif. For more information, visit www.sonoma. edu/cja/wsc/wscmain.html.
* National Institute of Corrections, Satellite/Internet Broadcast, "Implementing Effective Correctional Management of Offenders in the Community," Feb. 25. For more information, contact Mary Ann Karre at 1-800-995-6429, ext. 149; firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.nicic.org.
* Ohio Community Corrections Association, 2004 Conference, "The Risk Principle," March 16-19, Adams Mark Hotel, Columbus, Ohio. Contact Lusanne Green at (614) 252-8417; email@example.com; or visit www.occaonline.org.
* SEARCH, 2004 Symposium on Integrated Justice Information Systems, "Supporting the Homeland," March 22-24, Hyatt Regency Crystal City, Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.search.org.
* National Institute of Corrections, Internet Training Program. "Foundation Skills for Trainers," March 22-25. For more information, contact Leslie LeMaster at 1-800-9956429, ext. 121; firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.nicic.org.
* Central Missouri State University Missouri State University is a state university located in Springfield, Missouri. It is the state's second largest university in student enrollment, second only to the University of Missouri. From 1972 to 2005, Missouri State was known as Southwest Missouri State University. , Conference, "Impacting Juvenile Justice: The Intersection of Approaches," March 29-31, Central Missouri State University, Warrensburg, Mo. For more information, contact Fran Reddington at email@example.com; of visit www.cmsu.edu/cj/training.htm.
* International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association, International Training Conference and Expo, April 13-17, Chicago. For more information, contact ILEETA ILEETA International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association at (262) 279-7878; or visit www.ileeta.org.
* Mental Health in Corrections Consortium, 2004 Symposium, "Mental Health Training for the Correctional Environment: Research, Practice, Results," April 19-21. Marriott Country Club Plaza The Country Club Plaza (often referred to as "the Plaza") is an upscale shopping district in Kansas City, Missouri, USA. It was the first shopping center in the world designed to accommodate shoppers arriving by automobile. , Kansas City, Mo. For more information, contact Becky Moyer at 1-800-424-7793; firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.forest.edu.
* Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention The Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (or OJJDP) is an office of the United States Department of Justice and a component of the Office of Justice Programs. , Training Institute, "We the People: Project Citizen," April 24-30, San Jose, Calif. For more information, contact Roy Erickson at (916) 863-6614; email@example.com.
* The Gains Center, 2004 National Conference, "From Science to Services: Emerging Best Practices for People in Contact with the Justice System," May 12-14, Flamingo Hotel, Las Vegas. For more information, contact Jordan Gobrecht at 1-800-311-4246, ext. 237; firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.gainsctr.com.
* Middle Atlantic States Middle Atlantic States also Mid-At·lan·tic States
The U.S. states of New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and usually Delaware and Maryland. Correctional Association, 2004 Annual Conference and Training Institute, 'The Family of Criminal Justice: In a New York New York, state, United States
New York, Middle Atlantic state of the United States. It is bordered by Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and the Atlantic Ocean (E), New Jersey and Pennsylvania (S), Lakes Erie and Ontario and the Canadian province of State of Mind," June 6-9, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Albany, N.Y. For more information, contact Tony Czarnecki, conference chair, at (914) 231-1102; or visit www.corrections.com/masca.