Continuing education test #119 * based on nursing homes May 2007.How to use this self-study program
* Take the Pre-Test before you begin to read this issue of Nursing Homes/Long Term Care Management.
* After reading the articles, complete the Test and Evaluation Section.
* If your score is 70% or above, ACHCA ACHCA American College of Health Care Administrators
ACHCA Australian Catholic Health Care Association (name changed to Catholic Health Australia) will send you a letter of completion. If your score is less than 70%, you may retake re·take
tr.v. re·took , re·tak·en , re·tak·ing, re·takes
1. To take back or again.
2. To recapture.
3. To photograph, film, or record again.
1. the test.
* Please include your license numbers for each state (NHA NHA Nha Trang, Vietnam (airport code)
NHA Nantucket Historical Association
NHA National Hydrogen Association
NHA National Health Accounts
NHA National Housing Act (Canada)
NHA National Humanities Alliance licenses only).
* Tests will be graded and state boards state boards Examinations administered by a US state board of medical examiners to license a physician in a particular state; these examinations play an ever-decreasing role in state medical licensure, as these bodies now rely on standardized national examinations notified within four (4) weeks of receipt.
* According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. the ACHCA Code of Ethics Code of Ethics can refer to:
n the provision of medical, social, and personal care services on a recurring or continuing basis to persons with chronic physical or mental disorders. administrators." You are expected to complete this program according to these guidelines.
* Each Post-Test is approved for 2 CE Credits for nursing home administrators and 2 Contact Hours for nurses.
* Tests must be submitted within one year of the publication date.
* Not all states accept self-study programs for credit. Check with your state to confirm restrictions.
* The test must be received within 1 year of its publication date to be processed for CEU CEU Continuing Education Unit
CEU Central European University
CEU College of Eastern Utah (Price, UT)
CEU Centro Escolar University (Manila, Philippines)
CEU Centro Escolar University credit.
1. An LTC LTC
lieutenant colonel facility's reach might be expanded in today's market by adding any or all of the following revenue sources except:
a. specialty services unit
b. home health services health services Managed care The benefits covered under a health contract
c. outpatient clinic
2. What percentage of a facility's population typically are Medicare patients?
1. With which of the following would Peck ("Broadening the Business: How One Facility Operator Knocked Down His Walls") disagree is a reaction home dwellers have to telemonitoring?
a. Some want the system removed when they are not in an acute situation.
b. They are averse a·verse
Having a feeling of opposition, distaste, or aversion; strongly disinclined: investors who are averse to taking risks. to having wireless sensors monitoring various bodily functions Bodily Functions
See also body, human.
the process or act of swallowing.
the shedding of the superficial epithelium, as of skin, the mucous membranes, etc. .
c. They sometimes cover the system's camera lens.
d. They don't like having their familiar phones replaced.
2. With which of the following statements would Manard disagree, as cited in "Reimbursement Realities: A Shaky Business Environment"?
a. Medicaid payments are substantially below costs in many and perhaps most states.
b. The proportion of private-pay residents in nursing homes has declined.
c. Private long-term care insurance is only a solution for the small number of the population who can afford it.
d. Medicare payments are determined according to quality of care.
3. Which of the following does Duncan ("Appreciating Your 'Invisible' Staff") not suggest housekeeping staff can do to establish a bond with residents?
a. substitute for a CNA (Certified NetWare Administrator) See Novell certification.
b. open or close curtains
c. fetch an object
d. obtain the assistance of a nurse
4. Which of the following is not part of a Namaste Namasté or Namaskar (नमस्ते [nʌmʌsˈteː] Care room, according to Lourde ("Namaste: Honoring the Spirit Within")?
a. overhead paging
b. pleasant scents
c. puppet shows
d. nature videos
5. According to Meek meek
adj. meek·er, meek·est
1. Showing patience and humility; gentle.
2. Easily imposed on; submissive. ("Protect Your Residents From Pests With Sanitation"), most pests venture indoors in search of all of the following except:
6. Rahman and Simmons ("Measuring Resident Satisfaction More Accurately: Two Approaches") say that resident satisfaction surveys should do all of the following except:
a. Ask straightforward, short, concrete questions.
b. Consider the goal when interpreting survey findings.
c. Assess satisfaction before and after any new intervention is implemented.
d. Exclude any structured open-ended questions.
7. With which of the following statements would Willging ("Assisted Living as·sist·ed living
A living arrangement in which people with special needs, especially older people with disabilities, reside in a facility that provides help with everyday tasks such as bathing, dressing, and taking medication. Also Has a Future") disagree?
a. Assisted living is "hospitality."
b. Assisted living's focus is on the continued independence and empowerment of the customer.
c. Staff in assisted living strive to maintain a customer focus.
d. Assisted living is healthcare with a difference.
8. With which of the following statements would Tellis-Nayak (Moving Toward Evidence-Based) disagree?
a. Culture change is the process; a compassionate caring culture is the goal.
b. The term "cultural change" clearly identifies its goals.
c. In a culture of caring, everyone looks out for each other.
d. The resident is the primary customer.
9. Since 2002, according to Mullen (NIC (1) (Network Interface Card) See network adapter. See also InterNIC.
(2) (New Internet Computer) An earlier Linux-based computer from The New Internet Computer Company (NICC), Palo Alto, CA. on Financing), Benchmark Assisted living has used "associate satisfaction" (staff satisfaction) surveys to track all of the following except:
d. supervisory effectiveness
10. Which of the following is not mentioned by Zofi and Meltzer (Your People) as a means of giving the speaker full attention while engaged in face-to-face communication?
a. standing at attention
b. making and maintaining eye contact
c. nodding your head
d. offering encouragement
11. According to Underwood (Survey Survival), what percentage of facilities were cited in 2005 for being out of compliance in the area of Professional Standards?
12. With which of the following statements regarding engine idling would Braun ("Getting Fuel Costs Under Control") disagree?
a. It may be required to heat or cool the cabin of the vehicle for rider comfort.
b. It is an insignificant factor in fuel consumption.
c. It may be necessary to operate a wheelchair lift.
d. It may be restricted in some locations and may be subject to fines.
The information on broadening the scope of revenue streams for long-term care facilities long-term care facility
See skilled nursing facility. was:
____ very interesting
____ somewhat interesting
____ of no interest
The article on reimbursement challenges was:
____ very helpful
____ mildly helpful
____ of no help
The article on reducing fuel cost and increasing efficiency in a facility's transportation program was:
____ very informative
____ moderately informative
____ of no interest
In understanding the material covered in this issue of Nursing Homes/Long Term Care Management, the ACHCA testing process was:
____ very helpful
____ somewhat helpful
____ not much help
PRE-TEST ANSWERS 1. c. 2. b. POST-TEST (Circle the most appropriate answer) 1. a b c d 2. a b c d 3. a b c d 4. a b c d 5. a b c d 6. a b c d 7. a b c d 8. a b c d 9. a b c d 10. a b c d 11. a b c d 12. a b c d