Common Causes of Hair Loss RevealedDon't you consider all types of hair loss as the actual hair loss. Hair loss is a process. Indeed there is a normal cycle of growth as well as loss of hair. If you notice everyday morning, some hair are falling down when you soap your head or comb the hair after the bath, you need get alarmed about it.
At any given time, about 10% of the hair on your scalp is 'not on duty'. It is being rested. After 2 to 3 months of rest, it falls off and new hair sprouts in its place. This growing activity goes on for 2 to 6 years. On an average each hair grows about 1 centimeter per month. When 10% of the hair is resting, it also means that the remaining 90 % of hair are growing. If you notice that the hair loss is more than 10%, it could be due to other reasons and hence you need to take extra care and find out the reasons for the hair loss.
The special causes for hair loss are many. Here is the list of the common causes.
Post Surgery Hair Loss
After three to four months of a major surgery or a long illness, you may suddenly face with extensive hair loss. But this is a temporary phase. Once you recoup your original health, the hair will also begin to form on your scalp.
Hair Loss Due To Hormonal Imbalance
Then there are hormonal problems, which are another cause of hair loss. In such conditions your thyroid gland is overactive or under active. The thyroid disease has to be treated first as hair loss is a consequential action. It is no use treating the hair fall as such before the disease completely peters out from your body. The male or female hormones known as androgens and estrogens are not in proper balance. Treat the hormone imbalance first the hair growth will follow as a consequence.
Hair Loss During Pregnancy
Hair loss during pregnancy or three months after the delivery is quite common in women. This loss is also linked to hormones. During pregnancy, to keep hair growth that would normally fall out, high levels of hormones are formed in the body. Gradually these hormones return to their original levels, i.e the pre-pregnancy level. And the normal cycle of growth and loss begins again.
Hair loss As Side Effect Of Some Medicines
Some over the counter medications, antibiotics may also cause hair loss. When you stop taking these medications, your condition improves. Medicines used for gout, chemotherapy to treat cancer, excess consumption of vitamin A, antidepressants and birth control pills are popularly known to cause hair loss.
After you determine the peculiar cause of hair loss in you, you can take the treatment as per the physician's advice. Also remember that proper conditioning and nourishment is a must to have healthy hair.
http://www.acnetalks.com/pimple/ & acne blog provides detailed information on acne treatment, pimples, acne skin care, adult acne and more.