Committee reports higher water levels in Basra's main station.BAGHDAD Baghdad or Bagdad (both: băg`dăd, bägdäd`), city (1987 pop. 3,841,268), capital of Iraq, central Iraq, on both banks of the Tigris River. The city's principal economic activity is oil refining. / Aswat al-Iraq: The committee assigned as·sign
tr.v. as·signed, as·sign·ing, as·signs
1. To set apart for a particular purpose; designate: assigned a day for the inspection.
2. to deal with the water crisis in the southern province of Basra has reported an increase in water levels in the main station that supplies the whole province, according to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. an official statement released on Thursday.
"The water flow has increased to 7.5 cubic meters/second in al-Abbas water station," read the statement that was received by Aswat al-Iraq news agency.
The committee has provided the station with two generators with a capacity of 2 MW each to solve electricity fluctuation Fluctuation
A price or interest rate change. in the main station, according to the statement.
Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki Nouri Kamel Mohammed Hassan al-Maliki (Arabic: نوري كامل المالكي, transliterated Nūrī Kāmil al-Mālikī; born c. had ordered the formation of the committee to resolve the water crisis in Basra following his recent to the province.
The Shiite province of Basra lies 590 km south of the Iraqi capital Baghdad.
Copyright 2009 Aswat al-Iraq
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company