Come to the Ugly-Bug Ball!
Have you ever been "zapped" by a door handle? On very dry days, or in mid-winter when the heat is on, static electricity builds up when you walk on carpet. Rubber-soled shoes make it build up even faster. When you touch the door handle, the electricity discharges. Touch a friend, and he or she gets an electric shock! On a day like that, have a "ball" mystifying mys·ti·fy
tr.v. mys·ti·fied, mys·ti·fy·ing, mys·ti·fies
1. To confuse or puzzle mentally. See Synonyms at puzzle.
2. To make obscure or mysterious. your friends with "ugly bugs" powered by static electricity.
You Will Need:
* Colored tissue paper
* Pencil pencil, pointed implement used in writing or drawing to apply graphite or a similar colored solid to any surface, especially paper. From prehistoric times lumps of colored earth or chalk were used as markers. and ball point pen
* Scissors scissors
Cutting instrument or tool consisting of a pair of opposed metal blades that meet and cut when the handles at their ends are brought together. Modern scissors are of two types: the more usual pivoted blades have a rivet or screw connection between the cutting ends
* A plastic or rubber comb comb
1. a vascular, red cutaneous structure attached in a sagittal plane to the dorsum of the skull of domestic fowl. It consists of a base attached to the skull, a central mass called the body, a backward projecting blade and upward projecting points.
2. (or a hairbrush)
1. Cut out a one-inch square of tissue, and fold it in half.
2. Draw a bug body on one side of the folded tissue. Here are some bug body ideas.
3. Carefully cut out your bug, keeping the tissue folded. When you unfold unfold - inline it, both sides should be the same.
4. Make as many bugs as you like. Draw on your bugs to make them look even better. Here are some examples:
5. Brush or comb your hair vigorously. Hold the comb or brush a few inches above bugs, and they will "fly" up to it. Have races: Who can collect the most ugly bugs in the least time?