Comcast shares down on NBC Universal purchase reportsShares in US cable television company Comcast were sharply lower Thursday following reports that it was in talks to purchase entertainment giant NBC Universal NBC Universal is a media and entertainment company formed in May 2004 by the combination of General Electric's NBC with Vivendi Universal Entertainment (part of the French Media Group, Vivendi SA). GE owns 80% of NBC Universal with the remaining 20% owned by Vivendi SA. from General Electric.
Comcast described the reports as "inaccurate" but that did not prevent its share price from shedding 7.05 percent to 15.69 dollars in early trading in New York New York, state, United States
New York, Middle Atlantic state of the United States. It is bordered by Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and the Atlantic Ocean (E), New Jersey and Pennsylvania (S), Lakes Erie and Ontario and the Canadian province of .
The reports of Comcast's interest in NBC Universal first emerged in entertainment website The Wrap, which cited "knowledgeable individuals" as saying a deal had been completed at a purchase price of 35 billion dollars.
Comcast, the largest US cable television operator, denied a deal was done.
"While we do not normally comment on merger and acquisition rumors For other uses, see Rumor (disambiguation).
Rumors is a farcical play by Neil Simon.
At its start, several affluent couples gather in the posh suburban residence of a couple for a dinner party celebrating their tenth anniversary. , the report that Comcast has a deal to purchase NBC Universal is inaccurate," it said in a statement to AFP (1) (AppleTalk Filing Protocol) The file sharing protocol used in an AppleTalk network. In order for non-Apple networks to access data in an AppleShare server, their protocols must translate into the AFP language. See file sharing protocol. .
France's Vivendi, which owns 20 percent of NBC Universal, has indicated it may be ready to part with its share of the entertainment conglomerate whose holdings include the NBC NBC
in full National Broadcasting Co.
Major U.S. commercial broadcasting company. It was formed in 1926 by RCA Corp., General Electric Co. (GE), and Westinghouse and was the first U.S. company to operate a broadcast network. broadcast television network, cable TV channels and Universal Pictures.