Chronic Fatigue Syndrome; Questions to Ask.
* Do you have experience in diagnosing CFS? What tests will you conduct to rule out other causes for my symptoms?
* Does my medical history support a diagnosis of CFS? Or does it suggest some other cause for my illness, such as hypothyroidism?
* Do you treat other patients with CFS?
* What treatments do you recommend for my symptoms?
* When should I notify you of changes in my condition, such as the recurrence or appearance of new symptoms?
* What strategies can I use to cope with this illness? How can I help my family, friends and co-workers understand my illness?
* How will you follow my illness?
* Do you recommend an exercise plan?
* Where can I find more information on CFS? Is there any new research available regarding the causes or treatment of CFS?
* Are there any CFS support groups in my community?
"Chronic Fatigue Syndrome." Fact Sheet. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. National Institutes of Health. http://www.niaid.nih.gov. Accessed Oct. 2001.
"Chronic Fatigue Syndrome." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Center for Infectious Diseases. http://www.cdc.gov. Accessed Oct. 2001.
"Introduction to CFIDS and CFS" and "Medical Issues." The CFIDS Association of America, Inc. http://www.cfids.org. Accessed Oct. 2001.
Natelson, Benjamin, H., Facing and Fighting Fatigue, (Yale University Press, 1998)
Editorial Staff of the National Women's Health Resource Center 2002/07/31 2005/03/16 All of us have experienced fatigue at one time or another. If you have experienced lingering fatigue that is accompanied by various unexplained symptoms you may be suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), an illness characterized by prolonged, debilitating fatigue and multiple nonspecific symptoms such as headaches, recurrent sore throats, muscle and joint pains, and cognitive complaints. Antidepressants,cfs,Chronic fatigue syndrome,EBV,Epstein-Barr virus,Fibromyalgia,Mononucleosis,Post-exertional malaise
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||NWHRC Health Center - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome|
|Date:||Mar 16, 2005|
|Previous Article:||Chronic Fatigue Syndrome; Facts to Know.|
|Next Article:||Chronic Fatigue Syndrome; Key Q&A.|