Chilly winter arrives, people thronged Kabari markets From Rafiullah Mandokhail.thronged throng
1. A large group of people gathered or crowded closely together; a multitude. See Synonyms at crowd1.
2. A large group of things; a host.
v. Kabari markets to buy warm clothes keeping in view the winter season that has made its presence felt. According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. details, with the advent of harsh winter, the sale of warm clothes is registering enormous surge in the Kabari markets of Zhob. A large number of people are witnessed crowding Kabari heaps to buy second hand warm clothes to mitigate the hardships of winter. Warm coats, caps, gloves, mufflers and socks are up for sale. Despite the prices of second-hand clothes available in the open markets are skyrocketing and out of the reach of common man.
All kinds of wears are also seen hanging in front of shops and stalls, attracting the customers. The business of warm clothes is getting boom in Zhob city after a sudden change in weather. Taking advantage of the cold weather the vendors have increased the prices of old stuff as well.
The people complain that this year the warm clothes are costly as compare to last year. "Owing to owing to
Because of; on account of: I couldn't attend, owing to illness.
owing to prep → debido a, por causa de high prices, people are reluctant to buy these 'luxury items', which is unjustified". A buyer told this correspondent. "Purchasing power Purchasing Power
1. The value of a currency expressed in terms of the amount of goods or services that one unit of money can buy. Purchasing power is important because, all else being equal, inflation decreases the amount of goods or services you'd be able to purchase.
2. of people, shrunk by price-hike. The vendors are doing brisk business as the demand of warm clothes increased manifold". He added.
On the other hand price of firewood has also increased in the markets and the people belonging to middle and lower classes are facing difficulties to purchase firewood for warmth and cooking purposes. The demand for locally made firewood stoves also increased. The people mostly living in villages are purchasing the stoves, as preparation for the severe winter.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Balochistan Times (Baluchistan Province, Pakistan)|
|Date:||Nov 9, 2012|
|Previous Article:||Lawyers should struggle to provide cheap justice to masses: Sherani.|
|Next Article:||NIT Golden Jubilee Celebrations Commence.|