Chattanooga Area CVB.
See Chattanooga in a Whole New Light
For many years, Chattanooga has been a desirable convention destination because of its variety of facilities, easy accessibility, scenic beauty, rich history, and safe environment. But now meeting planners are seeing this progressive and sustainable city A more sustainable city, Ecopolis (city) or Eco-city, has fewer inputs (of energy, water, food etc) and fewer waste products (heat, air pollution, water pollution etc) than a less sustainable city. In this context, sustainability is a relative concept. in a whole new Light, photovoltaic The generation of voltage by a material that is exposed to light in the visible and invisible ranges. See photoelectric and photovoltaic cell. Light that is.
Ground was broken March 2001 on a $50 million expansion of the Chattanooga Convention Center that will take the facility to 298,000 total square feet by spring 2003. Exhibit space will increase to 102,000 square feet and can be divided into four halls ranging from 18,000 to 36,000 square feet. All exhibit space can be bathed in natural tight by using a solar-collection technology called photovoltaics. Natural light will enter and be collected through enormous roof monitors that sit atop the 30-foot high exhibit hall(s). The light is then diffused and spread evenly across the exhibit floor with no fluctuation in candle power (Photom.) illuminating power, as of a lamp, or gas flame, reckoned in terms of the light of a standard candle.
See also: Candle . Supplemental lighting, operated by sensors, will be used on cloudy days and at night.
The photovoltaic lighting saves energy and lends a more comfortable feel to the exhibit hall(s). Studies have shown that natural lighting increases sales, productivity, and enhances mood. The convention center will save an estimated 25-30 percent on electricity costs for lighting the exhibit hall(s).
The Chattanooga Convention Center will also put rainwater collection equipment on its roof. The water will be used for irrigation irrigation, in agriculture, artificial watering of the land. Although used chiefly in regions with annual rainfall of less than 20 in. (51 cm), it is also used in wetter areas to grow certain crops, e.g., rice. and other nondrinking uses. The City of Chattanooga is spending approximately $12 million on landscaping within a 10-block radius around the convention center. Rainwater collected from the roof will be used to water the landscaping.
Other aspects of the Chattanooga Convention Center expansion include 21 meeting rooms ranging in size from 821 to 1,800 square feet; three boardrooms; a 19,000-square-foot ballroom that can be divided into six equal sections; all meeting, banquet, and exhibit space on one level; seating for up to 7,500 delegates, theatre style; and a center "connected" to 1,700 first-class guest rooms via a free electric downtown shuttle.
Chattanooga's attractiveness as a dynamic convention and meeting site continues to be complimented by industry amenities, including 6,200 additional guest rooms citywide; easy accessibility via five air carriers and airport just 15 minutes from downtown; three major interstates feeding directly into the city enable one third of the nation's population to reach the city in a day's drive; great shopping opportunities; year-round mild climate; and unique off-site venues and attractions, such as the Tennessee Aquarium The Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga, Tennessee is the largest freshwater aquarium in the world. The original "River Journey" facility is organized around the theme of "the story of the river", following the path of a raindrop from high in the Appalachian Mountains to the Gulf of , Rock City Gardens, Creative Discovery Museum The Creative Discovery Museum is a children's museum located in downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee. The museum contains art, music, and field science areas, along with a water-themed zone called RiverPlay, a rooftop exhibit, an inventor's workshop, and a temporary exhibit space. , Bluffview Art District, Southern Belle Riverboat riv·er·boat
A boat suitable for use on a river. , and Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum The Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum (initialised TVRM, AAR code TVRM), is a heritage railway in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
It was founded in 1961 by a group of railfans who did not want to see the steam locomotives go to scrap. .
Chattanooga has a wonderful selection of hotels for hosting conventions, meetings, conferences, and trade shows including
* Chattanooga Marriott Hotel, 342 guest rooms, 7,500 square feet of meeting space
* Chattanooga Choo Choo Holiday Inn, 360 guest rooms, 40,000 square feet of meeting space
* Radisson Read House, 237 guest rooms, 16,000 square feet of meeting space
* Chattanooga Clarion Hotel, 202 guest rooms, 8,000 square feet of meeting space
* The Chattanoogan (conference center), 202 guest rooms, 25,000 square feet of meeting space
* Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Garden Inn is the name of a chain of hotels operated by Hilton Hotels Corporation. Hilton Garden Inns are considered to be upscale, mid-priced hotels that are designed for both business and leisure travelers. The hotel brand is similar to that of the Courtyard by Marriott brand. , 94 guest rooms, 1,715 square feet of meeting space
* Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard by Marriott is a brand of hotels owned by Marriott International. They have over 2,800 hotels worldwide, as of June 2007. Courtyard by Marriott is designed for business travelers. , 127 guest rooms, 1,728 square feet of meeting space
* Ramada ra·ma·da
n. Southwestern U.S.
a. An open or semienclosed shelter roofed with brush or branches, designed especially to provide shade.
b. An open porch or breezeway.
2. Inn South, 138 guest rooms, 2,600 square feet of meeting space
* Comfort Inn & Conference Center, 114 guest rooms, 2,300 square feet of meeting space
* Holiday Inn I-75 Airport, 131 guest rooms, 885 square feet of meeting space
* Best Western Heritage Inn, 100 guest rooms, 1,975 square feet of meeting space
Chattanooga, also boasts a variety of facilities available for larger events:
* Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Auditorium-seats 3,800
* Tivoli Theatre--seats 1,800
* UTC (Coordinated Universal Time, Temps Universel Coordonné) The international time standard (formerly Greenwich Mean Time, or GMT). Zero hours UTC is midnight in Greenwich, England, which is located at 0 degrees longitude. McKenizie Arena--seats 12,000
* Finley Stadium--seats 20,000
* Cricket Pavilion--50,000 square feet
* Renaissance Commons--3,000 square feet
* Chattanooga African-American Museum/Bessie Smith Performance Hall -- 27,000 square feet
* Camp Jordan Arena--34,000 square feet
* Grandview--4,100 square feet
The Chattanooga Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, the Chattanooga Convention Center, and the entire local hospitality industry welcome the opportunity to work with organizations in conducting successful and memorable meetings in our scenic city.