Catholic University opens in Juba.JUBA Juba, city, Sudan
Juba (j`bə), city (1993 pop. 114,980), S Sudan, a port on the White Nile. ) -- St. Mary's University of Juba Juba National University, commonly referred to as the University of Juba, is a university named after Juba, Sudan. In late 2006, the Government of Southern Sudan's Ministry of Education agreed to change its name to Juba National University. was inaugurated today by the Government of Southern Sudan's state Minister of Gender, Social Welfare and Religious Affairs, Mary Kiden Kimbo. The university is the second private one in the capital of southern Sudan Southern Sudan is a region of Sudan, comprising ten of that country's provinces. The Sudanese government agreed to give autonomy to the region in the Comprehensive Peace Agreement , and funding has just come at an opportune time through a multi-donor fund, disclosed Kimbo, when southerners are in real need of social workers to handle the estimated 50,000 disabled persons in southern Sudan. The Catholic Church in Sudan has played a role in education in both the North and South, even educating some key political figures including Sadiq al-Mahdi Sadiq al-Mahdi (Arabic: الصادق المهدي) (born 1936, also known as Sadiq Al Siddiq) is a Sudanese political and religious figure. . "Ignorance would be more expensive to eradicate than poverty, the father of chronic diseases in southern Sudan," said Kiden officiating at the inauguration on behalf of President Salva Kiir Mayardit Salva Kiir Mayardit (born 1951) is the President of autonomous Government of Southern Sudan and the successor to the post of Vice President of Sudan, following the death of John Garang in a crash on 30 July 2005. . According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. Catholic regulation, His Grace Archbishop Paulino Lukudu Loro automatically becomes the Vice Chancellor vice chancellor
n. Abbr. VC
1. A deputy or an assistant chancellor in a university.
2. A deputy to or a substitute for a head of state or an official bearing the title chancellor.
3. of the university. Today, Minister Kimbo thanked the church official for being a staunch supporter of the people's movement There have been a number of groups called the People's Movement or similar.
- Antigua and Barbuda - People's Movement, People's Progressive Movement
- Argentina - Feuguino People's Movement, Neuquino People's Movement
- Aruba - People's Electoral Movement
Copyright 2003-2009 SudanTribune - All rights reserved.
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Sudan Tribune (Sudan)|
|Date:||Apr 16, 2009|
|Previous Article:||SPLM's Al-Hilu sworn in as deputy governor of South Kordofan.|
|Next Article:||Cattle rustlers battle in Yirol, killing 13 and wounding 9.|