Canon U.S.A. Puts the Spotlight on Its Comprehensive Production Solutions at PRINT '09.
CHICAGO -- During PRINT '09, Canon U.S.A., Inc., (Booth #2612) a leader in digital imaging and office solutions, will showcase key hardware, software and services offerings for production print customers under the "Let Your Business RUN" theme. A leading provider of digital imaging and office technologies, the Company will highlight its comprehensive line-up of high-quality imaging solutions and offerings - including its new imagePRESS CR Server A7000, its large format printers and host a variety of seminars educating customers about how they can develop a successful business around Canon production solutions.
On display for the first time will be Canon's recently announced light-production Color multifunctional product (MFP (MultiFunction Printer, MultiFunction Peripheral) See all-in-one and MFD. ), the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9075 PRO, which rounds out Canon's digital color solutions portfolio to help meet the growing needs of a vast array of production users. Developed using an entirely new system and hardware platform, the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9075 PRO model features advanced functionality and solutions integration to help streamline output management. This new model can produce letter-sized output at up to 75 pages-per-minute (ppm) in black-and-white and 70 ppm in color, and will provide true 1,200 x 1,200 dots-per-inch (dpi) resolution. With a new, intuitive user interface and advanced systems integration capabilities, the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9075 PRO can easily meet the needs of high-volume environments including Central Reprographics Duplicating printed materials using various kinds of printing presses and high-speed copiers. Departments (CRDs) and Print Service Providers.
"For many years, Canon has been committed to developing and delivering a comprehensive line-up of digital imaging solutions that let businesses run at their highest levels," said Sam Yoshida, vice president and general manager, Imaging Systems Group, Canon U.S.A. "At this year's show, attendees will see how Canon offers a full and robust line-up of end-to-end production solutions that can improve workflow and productivity for both light and heavy production marketplaces."
Highlights at this year's show will include:
Canon's imagePRESS digital press line-up has helped print service providers and marketing service organizations streamline their workflow and expand their print capabilities by providing high-quality digital presses that can be customized to meet specific business needs. Expanding upon Noun 1. expanding upon - adding information or detail
step-up, increase - the act of increasing something; "he gave me an increase in salary" the success of the immensely popular imagePRESS C7000VP and imagePRESS C6000/C6000VP - both of which will be on display at the show - Canon will also exhibit its latest monochrome digital presses, the imagePRESS 1135 & 1110S Black-and-White Digital Presses and the imagePRESS C1+. Utilizing Canon's unique Twin Sleeve Technology, the imagePRESS 1135 & 1110S Black and White Digital Presses produce monochrome prints at a quality level never before seen in an electrophotographic device. The imagePRESS C1+, developed for the graphic and creative markets, is the first device of its size to offer a clear toner An electrically charged ink used in copy machines and laser printers. It adheres to an invisible image that has been charged with the opposite polarity onto a plate or drum or onto the paper itself. station, greatly expanding the design capabilities and features that can be included in prints.
Alongside its award-winning imagePRESS line-up, Canon will also showcase its new imagePRESS CR Server A7000, Powered By CREO CREO Committee on Recently Extinct Organisms
CREO Commercial Real Estate Organization (Chicago)
CREO Career Reenlistment Objective
CREO Civil Rights and Equal Opportunity (Social Security Administration) Color Server Technology. This new server is a front-end solution that offers a robust and flexible tool set delivering print-on-demand environments an unprecedented level of control of their digital output. Featuring seamless workflow connectivity via built-in JDF JDF Job Definition Format (XML-based format for workflow and control information)
JDF Jamaica Defence Force
JDF Juvenile Diabetes Foundation International
JDF Job Description Form
JDF Japan Defense Force
JDF Jackson Drop Forge Company capabilities, comprehensive variable data printing (VDP VDP Variable Data Printing
VDP Verband Deutscher Pfandbriefbanken
VDP Variable Data Publishing
VDP Video Display Processor
VDP Van der Pol (equation)
VDP Visual Descent Point
VDP video datagram protocol ) functionality, and leveraging CREO and Kodak technology from their CTP CTP (cytidine triphosphate): see cytosine.
(1) (Computer-To-Plate) The production of printing plates directly from the computer without requiring film as an intermediate step. system to their automated prepress systems, this new server enables print providers to manage both offset and digital workflows In print publishing, using the computer to lay out text and illustrations prior to creating film negatives for every page or going directly to plate. Prior to digital workflow, the typesetting and pre-press stages were far more time consuming and labor-intensive. from a central point, helping to optimize the print process.
Rounding out Canon's comprehensive end-to-end production solutions, the Company will be demonstrating new integrations designed to automate and bridge prepress with production output and finishing. Canon will have on display imageWARE PrePress Manager and the Duplo DC-645 Slitter/Cutter/Creaser with its imagePRESS C6000VP Digital Press. Canon and Duplo will highlight how jobs created in imageWARE PrePress Manager can be sent to an imagePRESS device and near-line finisher simultaneously. Later this year, Canon will announce this level of integration with the Standard Horizon BQ-270C Perfect binder and HT-30 Three-Side Trimmer trimmer
see resco nail trimmer, toenail scissors. . Using the JDF capabilities inherent in PrePress Manager and the Duplo DC-645, customers can design jobs taking finishing into consideration, thereby helping to minimize waste, reduce costs and maximize productivity.
Additionally, Canon will highlight its collaborative efforts with Agfa and EFI See UEFI.
EFI - Extensible Firmware Interface . Through a new Agfa integration, customers can unify their prepress workflow between Agfa :Apogee apogee (ăp`əjē), point farthest from the earth in the orbit of a body about the earth. See apsis.
The farthest point. 6.0 and :Apogee DigitalPrint Link, sending jobs to both their offset press or their Canon imagePRESS digital press via an EFI powered imagePRESS Server. This hybrid workflow provides a centralized cen·tral·ize
v. cen·tral·ized, cen·tral·iz·ing, cen·tral·iz·es
1. To draw into or toward a center; consolidate.
2. point of control for all jobs, with the flexibility to determine the most effective output destination for printing each job.
Output Management Solutions
Recognizing that many production enterprises both large and small also need advanced print management software solutions to help enhance and streamline their workflow and output management, Canon will showcase one of its most versatile output management solutions - uniFLOW Uniflow may refer to:
- Uniflow diesel engine
- Uniflow steam engine
(2) Verifying the identity of a user logging into a network. using their employee badge or PIN code at any available printer.
Production print environments will appreciate the modularity offered by uniFLOW OM with capabilities to configure software modules including Web job submission/ticketing, comprehensive queue management, prepress make ready, and operator management, to name a few.
The latest version of uniFLOW OM includes several new features which enable advanced control of a printer fleet as well as advanced efficiency and improved security. New functions include:
* Universal Driver: Single driver to release print jobs to any printer regardless of model, ensuring that the user really gets what they had expected. In addition, users of Canon devices have the flexibility to make finishing changes at the copier LCD and preview the first page of the document prior to releasing for print.
* Interactive Rule Based See rules based. Routing: Allows users to override print routing choices interactively and independently which enhances their empowerment. For example, if a user prints a 50 page print job to a desktop printer, uniFLOW OM will display several choices including the printer which can be the most inexpensive. If the user chooses to print to the inexpensive printer, uniFLOW OM records these decisions and provides a comprehensive cost savings report.
* Authorization Workflow: This feature allows for greater control of printed documents by empowering managers to authorize To empower another with the legal right to perform an action.
The Constitution authorizes Congress to regulate interstate commerce.
authorize v. to officially empower someone to act. (See: authority) specific print jobs associated with their cost center.
* eCopy Secure Print Client: A new connector enabling users to see, release or delete print jobs in an eCopy SSOP SSOP Shrink Small Outline Package
SSOP Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (USDA)
SSOP Sanitary Standard Operating Procedures
SSOP Sharescan-Open Platform (Ecopy)
SSOP Site Security Operational Procedures or scan-station environment.
Large Format Solutions
Canon first introduced the imagePROGRAF (iPF) large format printer line in 2006, and since then the Company has introduced more than 20 versatile models to the marketplace that address the various large format printing needs of engineers, graphic art designers, photographers and professional printing services. During this year's show, Canon will exhibit its 24-inch imagePROGRAF iPF6200, which utilizes 12 LUCIA Lucia
frustration causes her to murder husband. [Ital. Opera: Donizetti, Lucia di Lammermoor, Westerman, 126–127]
See : Madness pigment pigment, substance that imparts color to other materials. In paint, the pigment is a powdered substance which, when mixed in the liquid vehicle, imparts color to a painted surface. inks to offer an extremely wide color gamut The entire range of colors available on a particular device such as a monitor or printer. A monitor, which displays RGB signals, typically has a greater color gamut than a printer, which uses CMYK inks. and comes bundled with EFI's ColorProof eXpress RIP. Canon will also demonstrate its five-color 44-inch dual-media roll iPF820 which was developed for detailed full-color renderings and CAD drawings, and its 60-inch eight-color iPF9000S that was built to meet the demands of professional print service providers.
Throughout the show, Canon and industry experts, including Barbara Pellow of InfoTrends, will host several informative, in-booth discussions addressing a variety of topics in the production marketplace including:
* Winning in this Economy: Barbara Pellow, InfoTrends
* Introduction of imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9075 PRO
* Hybrid Workflows: Agfa :Apogee
* Automating Job Submission and Prepress Workflows: EFI
* What A Web To Print Can Mean For Your Business? Printable print·a·ble
1. Capable of being printed or of producing a print: printable negatives.
2. Fit for publication: printable language. and Essential Business Builder Program
* Understanding and Optimizing Color For Your Digital Press: X-Rite
* Hybrid Workflows: Prinergy and CREO
* Canon Essential Business Builder Program: Tools For Building Business Success
* Large Format Printing Workflow Solutions
imagePRESS Essential Business Builder Mentoring Sessions
During the show, Canon will continue to showcase its highly successful imagePRESS Essential Business Builder Mentoring Sessions. One of many Canon services offerings for the production print marketplace, the Essential Business Builder program was developed to bring together groups of independent industry experts to assist graphic communication executives in making informed, tactical decisions. Throughout the show, mentors will discuss several front-line business issues that many print providers are facing today, including:
* Re-positioning Your Company To Maximize Opportunities
* Assess Your Company's "Digital Readiness"
* "Where the Money is" In Key Industry Segments
* Business Planning To Identify Your Customer Oriented Action Steps
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc. is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. Its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE NYSE
See: New York Stock Exchange :CAJ CAJ Canadian Association of Journalists
CAJ Christliche Arbeiterjugend (German Young Christian Workers)
CAJ China Academic Journals
CAJ Christian Academy in Japan
CAJ Canaima, Venezuela (Airport Code) ), a top patent holder of technology, ranked third overall in the U.S. in 2008+, with global revenues of US $45 billion, is listed as number four in the computer industry on Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies 2009 list, and is on the 2008 BusinessWeek list of "Top 100 Brands." At Canon, we care because caring is essential to living together in harmony. Founded upon a corporate philosophy of Kyosei - "all people, regardless of race, religion or culture, harmoniously har·mo·ni·ous
1. Exhibiting accord in feeling or action.
2. Having component elements pleasingly or appropriately combined: a harmonious blend of architectural styles.
3. living and working together into the future" - Canon U.S.A. supports a number of social, youth, educational and other programs, including environmental and recycling initiatives. Additional information about these programs can be found at www.usa.canon.com/kyosei. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS (Really Simple Syndication) A syndication format that was developed by Netscape in 1999 and became very popular for aggregating updates to blogs and the news sites. RSS has also stood for "Rich Site Summary" and "RDF Site Summary. news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/RSS .
Specifications, availability, and prices are subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
+ Based on weekly patent counts issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office The United States Patent and Trademark Office (PTO or USPTO) is an agency in the United States Department of Commerce that provides patent protection to inventors and businesses for their inventions, and trademark registration for product and intellectual property .
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Sep 11, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Canon U.S.A. Announces the Availability of the New CREO Color Server for Canon imagePRESS C7000VP, C6000VP & C6000.|
|Next Article:||Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc. Declares Quarterly Dividend and Announces Date of Third Quarter Earnings Release.|