* 17 - IRS An abbreviation for the Internal Revenue Service, a federal agency charged with the responsibility of administering and enforcing internal revenue laws. Schedule C Workshop/Depreciation Workshop
Sponsors: Internal Revenue Service, Small Business Development Center
Times: 9 a.m.-noon, 1-4 p.m.
Location: Federal Building, 700 W. Capitol Ave., Room 2503, Little Rock
For more information, call (501) 324-5328, Ext. 229.
* 17 - University of Arkansas The University of Arkansas strives to be known as a "nationally competitive, student-centered research university serving Arkansas and the world." The school recently completed its "Campaign for the 21st Century," in which the university raised more than $1 billion for the school, used Engineering Expo
Sponsor: US Career Services
Time: Noon-4:30 p.m.
Location: Bell Engineering Center, Fayetteville
For more information, call (479) 575-6896.
* 17 - University of Arkansas Retail Rush
Sponsor: UA Career Services
Time: 2:30-5 p.m.
For more information, call (479) 575-3824.
* 17 - Information Technology Career Fair
Sponsor: UA Career Services
Time: 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Location: Arkansas Union Ballroom, Fayetteville
For more information, call (479) 575-3925.
* 18 - Intro to Employment and Labor Law labor law, legislation dealing with human beings in their capacity as workers or wage earners. The Industrial Revolution, by introducing the machine and factory production, greatly expanded the class of workers dependent on wages as their source of income. in Arkansas
Sponsor: Lorman Education Services
Time: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Location: Robinson Convention Center, 400 W. Markham St., Little Rock
For more information, call (715) 833-3959.
* 18 - University of Arkansas Fall 2002 Career Fair
Time: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Location: Arkansas Union, Fayetteville
For more information, call (479) 575-2805.
* 20 - Philander phi·lan·der
intr.v. phi·lan·dered, phi·lan·der·ing, phi·lan·ders
1. To carry on a sexual affair, especially an extramarital affair, with a woman one cannot or does not intend to marry. Used of a man.
2. Smith Graduate School Expo
Sponsor: Career Planning and Placement
Time: 9 a.m.
Location: Crawford J. Mims Gymnasium gymnasium
In Germany, a state-maintained secondary school that prepares pupils for higher academic education. This type of nine-year school originated in Strasbourg in 1537. , 812 W. 13th St., Little Rock
For more information, call (501) 370-5295.
* 25 - University of Arkansas at Little Rock Established as Little Rock Junior College by the Little Rock School District in 1927, it became a private four-year institution, called Little Rock University, in 1957. It returned to public status in 1969 when it was merged into the University of Arkansas System under its present name. Career Fair
Sponsors: UALR UALR University of Arkansas at Little Rock Counseling and Career Planning Services, Office of Cooperative Education
The examples and perspective in this article or section may not represent a worldwide view
For more information, call (501) 569-3185.
* 26 - 2002 Community Leadership Summit
Sponsor: Central Arkansas Development Council
Time: 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Location: Hot Springs Convention Center
For more information, call (501) 315-1121.
* 26 - Business & Professional Women Networking Night
Time: 6-9 p.m.
Location: Holiday Inn Select, Jackson Room, 201 S. Shackleford, Little Rock
For more information, call (501) 537-7747.