COAS gets investigation report of GHQ's attack.South Waziristan South Waziristan (Urdu: جنوبی وزیرستان) is the southern part of Waziristan, a mountainous region of northwest Pakistan, bordering Afghanistan and covering some 11 585 km² (4,473 mi²). , where operation Rah-e-Nijat against militants is underway now. Some foreigner terrorists also involved in imparting im·part
tr.v. im·part·ed, im·part·ing, im·parts
1. To grant a share of; bestow: impart a subtle flavor; impart some advice.
2. training to perpetrators of terrorist attack on the GHQ, it said. The terrorists stayed in Rawalpindi for at least one month to get information and monitoring of GHQ but due to strict security measures Noun 1. security measures - measures taken as a precaution against theft or espionage or sabotage etc.; "military security has been stepped up since the recent uprising"
security they could not get much internal information of army's headquarters, it added. No high profile terrorists were among those who were arrested from twin cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad, Lahore and other areas of the country after the brazen bra·zen
1. Marked by flagrant and insolent audacity. See Synonyms at shameless.
2. Having a loud, usually harsh, resonant sound: "sudden brazen clashes of the soldiers' band" attack but majority of people are those who assisted the perpetrators of terrorist attack, sources said. No army man or employees of GHQ was directly or indirectly involved in the deadly event. During investigation, Dr. Usman alias Aqeel Ahmed told the interrogators that they wanted to storm army headquarters on the day of corps commander meeting so that they could hold two generals hostage to get their 100 arrested accomplices including members of banned organization release, sources said. The incident happened on October 10 while the corps commander meeting was held on October 07 and decision not to storm army headquarters at day of meeting was changed by Dr. Usman alias Aqeel Ahmed due to strengthen security measures, sources said. Dr. Usman alias Aqeel Ahmed told the interrogators that they had wrong information about the security of GHQ and they had no idea that they would not be able to enter in the headquarters, sources said. It is merit mentioning here Aqeel who was arrested in injured in·jure
tr.v. in·jured, in·jur·ing, in·jures
1. To cause physical harm to; hurt.
2. To cause damage to; impair.
3. condition was a former member of the nursing staff in the Combined Military Hospital and was wanted by Police in several cases.
(THROUGH ASIA PULSE)
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||The Frontier Star (Northwest Frontier Province, Pakistan)|
|Date:||Nov 16, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Chairman CDA promises full cooperation to Pak-Gulf for The Centaurus project.|
|Next Article:||Gilani not PM under 1973 constitution: Hashmi.|