1. Read each article carefully.
2. Choose the most appropriate response to each of the following questions and record these on the registration form. Unanswered questions are considered incorrect.
3. Send the completed registration form and your payment (check, money order, VISA, MasterCard, American Express) to the Center for Continuing Education, University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC).
4. After your test has been graded, you will receive a receipt, a copy of the correct answers, and a credit statement certifying completion from the UNMC. Questions about the test should be addressed to UNMC Center for Continuing Education (402-559-4152).
Credit: The University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Continuing Education designates this educational activity for a maximum of 3 hours in category 1 credit towards the AMA Physician's Recognition Award. Each physician should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essentials.
1. Schweinfurth, in this month's Laryngoscopic Clinic, cites a source that reports as much as what percentage of patients in whom stenosis occurs after they have been subjected to more than 10 days of endotracheal intubation?
2. What should be monitored in patients who are on long-term minocycline therapy, according to Pantanowitz and Tahan's recommendation in this month's Pathology Clinic?
a. thyroid function
b. liver function
c. kidney function
d. blood pressure
3. According to Ruenes and Palacios in this month's Imaging Clinic, approximately 20% of extramedullary plasmacytomas occur in the head and neck.
True or False?
4. With which of the following statements regarding juvenile xanthogranuloma would Sahhar and colleagues disagree?
a. It is benign.
b. It is the least common form of non-Langerhans' cell histiocytosis.
c. It usually appears as a localized cutaneous lesion.
d. When lesions occur cutaneously, they can be either solitary or multiple.
5. Of the following, which is the most common extracutaneous site of juvenile xanthogranulorna, according to Sahhar et al?
6. According to Cinar et al, which of the following terms is/are synonymous with oncocytic carcinoma?
a. oncocytic adenocarcinoma
b. malignant oncocytoma
c. malignant oxyphilic adenoma
d. all of the above
7. Cinar et al state that radiation does not appear to favorably alter the biologic behavior of oncocytic carcinoma.
True or False?
8. According to a source cited by Purcell and her colleagues, prominent ears occur in approximately what percentage of the population?
9. According to the article by Church et al, which of the following statements regarding pigmented villonodular synovitis is false?
a. It is a malignant disease.
b. It usually involves a major joint.
c. It arises from the synovial membranes of the joints, bursae, and tendon sheaths.
d. It is usually monarthric.
10. At which of the following sites does pigmented villonodular synovitis occur most frequently?
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||continuing medical education|
|Publication:||Ear, Nose and Throat Journal|
|Date:||Sep 1, 2003|
|Previous Article:||Antihistamine approved.|
|Next Article:||Change in China.|