CD World offers two days of local music.Byline: The Register-Guard
CD World, the music store located at 3215 W. 11th Ave., is celebrating the arrival of fall with its first-ever Eugene Music Showcase on Saturday and Sunday.
Better yet, all the performances will cost ya a big, fat nothin'.
a. A class of women kept by wealthy lovers or protectors.
b. Women prostitutes considered as a group.
2. Slumber Party, the female-led trio that blends infectious pop-punk with '60s garage rock, will kick things off at 5 p.m. Saturday. Next up at 6 p.m. is Launchpad, an experimental rock/electronic outfit that embraces its sci-fi side. Dan Jones, the singer-songwriter who has garnered acclaim around the region for his recent releases, will take the stage at 8 p.m.
The music continues on Sunday, with a 4 p.m. set from Amish Love Child, a band that combines '70s rock with '80s pop. Jessie Marquez, who celebrates the music of Cuba The Caribbean island of Cuba has been influential in the development of multiple musical styles in the 19th and 20th centuries. The roots of most Cuban musical forms lie in the cabildos, a form of social club among African slaves brought to the island. , will perform at 5 p.m.
Dan Neal, a late-bloomer on the Eugene scene, will bring his Petty-Dylan-Hiatt inspired folk rock to the stage at 6 p.m.
The weekend's festivities fes·tiv·i·ty
n. pl. fes·tiv·i·ties
1. A joyous feast, holiday, or celebration; a festival.
2. The pleasure, joy, and gaiety of a festival or celebration.
3. will conclude with a 7 p.m. set from Android An open platform for cellphones from the Open Handset Alliance (OHA). Based on Linux, Android includes a library of Java classes for building mobile applications.
Android and GPhone Ethic, a local band that has been called the "bastard stepchild step·child
1. A child of one's spouse by a previous union.
2. Something that does not receive appropriate care, respect, or attention: "Demography has a reputation for being the stepchild of . . . " of Weezer and Coldplay.
For more details, visit the CD World Web site at www.cdwebworld.com.