CASBAA Convention 2009, 'Extending Your Reach', 4-5 Nov, Grand Hyatt Hong Kong.
JCN JCN Japan Corporate News
JCN Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience
JCN Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing
JCN Journal of Christian Nursing
JCN Job Control Number
JCN Journal of Child Neurology
JCN joint communications network (US DoD) Newswire) - The CASBAA CASBAA Cable and Satellite Broadcasters Association of Asia Convention 2009, organised by the Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA), will be held on November 4th and 5th at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Hong Kong.
Asia has continued to power dynamic change and global growth in the pay-TV industry in the past year, fuelled by increased co-operation between content providers and pay-TV operators with a range of regulatory initiatives and new technologies.
The most influential Asian industry event of the year, CASBAA Convention 2009 unites leading visionaries and influencers from the pay-TV business across 14 markets and 315 million subscribers.
John Tsang, Financial Secretary, Hong Kong SAR (Segmentation And Reassembly) The protocol that converts data to cells for transmission over an ATM network. It is the lower part of the ATM Adaption Layer (AAL), which is responsible for the entire operation. See AAL.
SAR - segmentation and reassembly Government, will open the CASBAA Convention 2009, featuring a roster of global media leaders:
- Subhash Chandra, Chairman, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Zee Network (aka Zee Telefilms Ltd.) is the largest media and entertainment company in India. It owns over 20 different television channels, a cable company (SitiCable), a record label (Zee Records), a production company and other businesses as well.
- David Haslingden, CEO (1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board. , Fox International Channels and National Geographic Channels Worldwide
- Jeffrey Cole, Director, Center for the Digital Future, USC Annenberg School for Communication The USC Annenberg School for Communication comprises the USC Annenberg School of Communication and the USC Annenberg School of Journalism at the University of Southern California (USC).
USC Annenberg was established in 1971 through the support of Ambassador Walter H.
- Hideaki Kido, Senior Managing Executive Officer, Group President, Broadcasting Business Group, SKY Perfect JSAT Corporation
- Kim Williams, CEO, FOXTEL
- Lalit Modi, Chairman and Commissioner, India Premier League
- Bernhard Glock, President, World Federation of Advertisers
- Ma Guoli, CEO and MD, Infront Sports & Media
- Ronnie Screwvala, CEO and Founder, UTV UTV Ulster Television
UTV Utility Terrain Vehicle
UTV Unmanned Transport Vehicle Software Communications
- Russell Wolff, Executive VP and MD, ESPN International
- Makoto Harada, Director-General, International Planning and Broadcasting Department, NHK
- Jean-Noel Tronc, Chairman and CEO, Canal Overseas
- Mark Hollinger, COO, Discovery Communications
- Li Feng, Founder, President and CEO, Beijing Netmovie
- Jed Meyer, MD, Media Services, Nielsen Greater China
The two-day Convention 2009 will feature a wide-ranging array of presentations, CXO panels and specialist sessions tackling the critical issues of the industry, exploring what and where the next big untapped opportunities are in the region and what they mean to industry players in Asia and rest of the world.
Notes to Editor:
1. Pre-registration is required for all members of the media. To obtain a media pass, please complete and return the attached Media Registration Form on or before 30 October 2009.
2. The CASBAA Convention Media Centre is located at Meeting Room 1201, 12/F, Grand Hyatt Hong Kong The Grand Hyatt Hong Kong is a luxury Hyatt hotel in Hong Kong, and the Asian flagship of Hyatt International.  It has been described in a New York Times travel article as a "world-famous prestige" property. .
3. Snacks and light lunch will be served at the Media Centre during the Convention.
The Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) is an industry-based advocacy group dedicated to the promotion of multi-channel TV via cable, satellite, broadband and wireless video networks across the Asia-Pacific. CASBAA represents some 130 member organisations in the pay-TV business, which in turn serve more than three billion people. Patron members include Al Jazeera, Asia Broadcast Satellite, AsiaSat, ASTRO, Australia Network, Bloomberg Television, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific, Disney-ABC International Television (Asia-Pacific), Genesis Networks, HBO Asia, Intelsat, Irdeto, ITV Global Entertainment, Macquarie Group, MTV Networks Asia MTV Networks Asia Pacific comprises three distinctly branded channels, MTV, Nickelodeon and VH1 in the Asia pacific region reaching more than 300 million households. Since its inception in 1995, MTV Networks Asia Pacific has been providing localized channels for young audiences , NBC Universal Networks Asia Pacific, NDS, now TV, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Qualcomm MediaFLO Technologies, SES WORLD SKIES, SingTel, Sony Pictures Television Sony Pictures Television, Inc. (SPT) is an American television production and distribution company. It is a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Entertainment. In turn, the latter is part of the Japanese conglomerate Sony. International, STAR Group, Tiger Gate Entertainment, Tom Group, TrueVisions, Turner International Asia Pacific and VOOM HD Networks Voom HD Networks are a group of 15 original high-definition television channels that are owned by Rainbow Media, a subsidiary of Cablevision. The channels are produced in true High Definition with Dolby Digital 5. Asia. To view the full list of CASBAA members, please visit here. For more information, please visit www.casbaa.com.
Will Ip / Johnson Hui
Tel: +852 2107 4221 / 2131 8961
Fax: +852 2131 8955
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Tel: +852 2854 9943
Fax: +852 2854 9530
Source: JCN http://www.japancorp.net
Copyright 2009 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net