Buttock injured Collingwood ruled out of Champions League.
London, Oct.6 (ANI): England all-rounder Paul Collingwood has been ruled out of this month's Champions League tournament due to a torn muscle in one of his buttocks.
Collingwood, 33, was due to play for his Indian Premier League This article or section contains information about a sporting event or team. franchise Delhi Daredevils in the two-week club tournament, which starts on Thursday, reports The Independent.
However, a scan yesterday revealed a grade two tear in one of his gluteal muscles and he has pulled out of Delhi's 15-man squad on medical grounds.
"We have a contract with the IPL (Initial Program Load) Same as boot.
1. IPL - Information Processing Language.
2. IPL - Internet Public Library.
3. IPL - Initial Program Load.
4. IPL - Initial Program Loader. about making our players available, however Collingwood has picked up a little niggle nig·gle
intr.v. nig·gled, nig·gling, nig·gles
1. To be preoccupied with trifles or petty details.
2. To find fault constantly and trivially; carp. See Synonyms at quibble. in his buttock," revealed coach Andy Flower, before England departed South Africa at the weekend.
The injury is not expected to affect Collingwood's participation in England's tour to South Africa next month.
"It's anticipated with rest and rehabilitation, he will be available for the tour of South Africa," an England and Wales Cricket Board The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) is the governing body of cricket in England and Wales. spokesman said. (ANI)
Copyright 2009 Asian News International The Asian News International (ANI) agency provides multimedia news to China and 50 bureaus in India. It covers virtually all of South Asia since its foundation and presently claims, on its official website, to be the leading South Asia-wide news agency. (ANI) - All Rights Reserved.
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company