Bomar Specialties integrated into Dymax Corporation.Dymax Corporation has announced that it has integrated Bomar Specialties, Inc. into its corporate structure. Bomar Specialties is a manufacturer of materials for energy (UV/EB), light, and other free radical cure applications. A pioneer of light-cure technology, Dymax co-founded Bomar Specialties more than 30 years ago, providing Dymax with a secure source of supply, improving product quality, and expanding R&D capabilities. Dymax subsequently acquired 100% ownership of Bomar in 2001. As a result of the new agreement, Bomar Specialties will transition to Dymax Oligomers & Coatings. In addition, the Bomar name will be retained as a Dymax Oligomers & Coatings Brand.
Bomar [TM] oligomers are used to formulate adhesives, inks, coatings, and a number of other products. According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. Dymax, in addition to their ability to undergo free radical polymerization Radical polymerization is a type of polymerization in which the reactive center of a polymer chain consists of a radical.
The polymerization reaction is initiated by three classes of free-radical initiators:
1. the property of remaining in close proximity.
2. the stable joining of parts to one another, which may occur abnormally.
In addition to neat oligomers, the new business unit offers diluted and partially formulated mixtures of performance oligomers with specialty monomers and other performance additives, toll and custom manufacture of formulated coatings and systems, and proprietary Dymax in-house formulated coating solutions.