ACCURATE COLOR INC inc - /ink/ increment, i.e. increase by one. Especially used by assembly programmers, as many assembly languages have an "inc" mnemonic.
Antonym: dec. .
Offers chemical blowing agent dispersions in concentrate, liquid, or dry color designed for sink reduction and resin extension, separately or with other additives. Azo-based and hydrazide hy·dra·zide
An acyl derivative of hydrazine.
A compound formed by combining hydrazine with an acyl compound. Hydrazides are important in the manufacture of certain medicines. concentrates in a universal carrier contain up to 12.5% active ingredients for letdowns from 100:1 to 40:1. Said to perform well in all polyolefins and styrenics for injection molding and extrusion.
ALLIED COLOR INDUSTRIES, INC.
Offers pelletized concentrates of blowing agents, such as benzene suffonyl hydrazide, azodicarbonamide, and modified azodicarbonamide, in a variety of thermoplastics.
Custom-formulated concentrates of blowing agents for most thermoplastics. One is a reportedly nontoxic blowing-agent concentrate for food-contact applications. Available also as a multifunctional concentrate with other additives and colors.
Offers three LDPE-based foaming-agent concentrates. Concentrate 10123 is for LDPE LDPE
low-density polyethylene , HDPE HDPE
high-density polyethylene or PP homopolymers. Concentrate 10112 is for PE/EVA co-polymers. Universal 10349 concentrate is for engineering applications and compatible with polar and nonpolar nonpolar
not having poles; not exhibiting dipole characteristics. resins.
Products specially designed for thin-gauge blown, cast or coextruded films. Applications include tablecloths, place-mats, merchant and shopping bags.
B.I. CHEMICALS HENLEY DIVISION
Hydrocerol, an endothermic endothermic /en·do·ther·mic/ (-ther´mik) characterized by or accompanied by the absorption of heat.
en·do·ther·mic or en·do·ther·mal
1. blowing and nucleating agent system manufactured in Germany by Boehringer Ingelheim, provided in powder and concentrate suitable for most thermoplastics. Special liquid grade is for high-temperature polymers such as PC. Its self-nucleating properties offer finer cells, resulting in improved surface appearance and physical properties. Acts as an efficient nucleator in direct-gassed systems, regardless of type of gas used to foam.
Also offers azodicarbonamide exothermic exothermic /exo·ther·mic/ (-ther´mik) marked or accompanied by evolution of heat; liberating heat or energy.
ex·o·ther·mic or ex·o·ther·mal
1. blowing agents for structural foam molding and extrusion of sheet and wire/cable offer compatible concentrate carriers, high gas pressure for removal of sinks, and maximum density reduction. Products can be formulated to a specific decomposition range from 270 Fto 420 F. Above grades available in liquid form.
BIDDLE SAWYER CORP.
Distributes azodicarbonamide products made by Otsuka Chemical Co. of Japan, designed to produce PVC PVC: see polyvinyl chloride.
in full polyvinyl chloride
Synthetic resin, an organic polymer made by treating vinyl chloride monomers with a peroxide. foams with expansion ratios of 9:1 to 25:1. Onifine C is a combination of modified azodicarbonamide, Ba/Zn stabilizer, and a crosslinkable PVC resin. The latter is said to provide greater mechanical strength and chemical and heat resistance in calendered flexible PVC foam. Onifine CC is for flexible crosslinked PVC foam and provides 10-25:1 expansion. Onifine CE is for highly cross-linked, extruded PVC foam. All three products supplied in powder form. Onifine P decomposes by an endothermal endothermal /en·do·ther·mal/ (-ther´mal) endothermic.
1. characterized by the absorption of heat.
2. pertaining to endothermy. instead of an exothermal exothermal /exo·ther·mal/ (ek?so-ther´mal) exothermic.
marked or accompanied by the evolution of heat; liberating heat or energy. reaction.
See B.I. Chemicals, Inc.
Offers dry-powder or pellet blowing agents in bulk or smaller packages; and pelletized concentrates with blowing agents and other additives, including colors.
Offers highly concentrated, high-viscosity, nonsettling liquid/paste blowing-agent dispersions. Chemocel 550 is for materials processed below 450 F, and Chemocel 700 for those processed above 450 F. Custom dispersions with other additives available.
Offers colored or noncolored additive concentrates for most thermoplastics containing blowing agents or other additives.
Offers Cylacell, a new predictable, environmentally safe and equipment-friendly blowing agent for thermoplastics and EPDM rubber compounds.
Product is azide-free and reportedly up to seven times more effective than azide azide
inhibitor of cytochrome c oxidase (or complex IV) of the respiratory electron-transfer chain. blowing agents. Because it is inorganic and azide-free, there is no nitrosamine ni·tros·a·mine
Any of a class of organic compounds present in various foods and other products and found to be carcinogenic and mutagenic in laboratory animals. formation during processing. Fume- and odor-free, it will not discolor dis·col·or
v. dis·col·ored, dis·col·or·ing, dis·col·ors
To alter or spoil the color of; stain.
To become altered or spoiled in color. resins. Endothermic in nature, it allows shorter molding cycles without postblow. Because parts made do not exhibit outgassing Outgassing (sometimes called "Offgassing," particularly when in reference to indoor air quality) is the slow release of a gas that was trapped, frozen, absorbed or adsorbed in some material. , painting can be done immediately.
Used as a replacement for some of the fiuorocarbon, hydrocarbon or other liquid physical foaming agent in low-density foam products, Cylacell can show improved cell structure, lighter foam densities, and sometimes higher flame retardancy and smoke suppression. It can also obviate the need for nucleating agents.
DONG JIN CHEMICAL INDUSTRY CO.
Manufactures methylene chloride, urethane grade, a modified methylene chloride for use as a blowing agent in flexible PU slabstock foam. It contains an inhibitor that minimizes foam oxidation and scorching, and can be used as the sole auxiliary blowing agent. It is said to offer advantages such as high volatility, low taminability, lower raw-material and handling costs, and relatively low toxicity.
For PS foam sheet, Dow Plastics is licensing technology for a new non-CFC alternative to HCFCs HCFCs: see chlorofluorocarbons. or hydrocarbon blowing agents that allows use of 100% [CO.sub.2] to produce foam sheet in thicknesses up to 1/4 in. and densities comparable to those produced with hydrocarbon or HCFC-22 blowing agents (2-10 lb/cu ft). It may require some retrofitting of existing extrusion lines, but throughputs can be the same as with other blowing agents. Its non-flammable and nonpolluting nature are key advantages.
Freon line of fluorocarbon fluorocarbon /flu·o·ro·car·bon/ (floor´o-kahr?b?n) any of the class of organic compounds consisting of carbon and fluorine only. blowing agents is supplied for making high-performance cellular plastics.
Markets Formacel S-Food Grade, a highly purified form of HCFC-22, for use in PS food packaging foams. It is said to be very low in ozone-depleting potential and is intended as a substitute for CFC-12. DuPont has filed a Generally Recognized As Safe Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) is a United States of America Food and Drug Administration (FDA) designation that a chemical or substance added to food is considered safe by experts, and so is exempted from the usual Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) food (GRAS GRAS - A public domain graph-oriented database system for software engineering applications from RWTH Aachen. ) petition with FDA FDA
Food and Drug Administration
n.pr See Food and Drug Administration.
n.pr the abbreviation for the Food and Drug Administration. on this product and is developing other non-ozone-depleting alternatives to standard CFCs for various foam applications.
EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO.
Foamable concentrates in a PP base are supplied for blending with PP in foam molding or extrusion.M
ELF ATOCHEM NORTH AMERICA INC.
Offers Isotron line of CFCs and HCFCs, alternatives used as physical blowing agents for producing foamed PU, PS and PE.
exocrine pancreatic insufficiency. ENVIRONMENTAL PRODUCTS INC.
Offers EPicor endothermic chemical blowing agent and nucleating agent. Products available in powders and concentrates. Patented process makes concentrate available in an array of compatible resin carriers. Can be used to foam polyolefins, PS, ABS, PPO PPO
preferred provider organization
PPO Managed care Preferred provider organization, see there Infectious disease Pleuropneumonia-like organism, see there , PPE PPE (Brit) n abbr (Univ) (= philosophy, politics, and economics) → Studiengang bestehend aus Philosophie, Politologie und Volkswirtschaft
PPE n abbr (BRIT ) (SCOL , PET, PVC, nylon and PC. Concentrate activity levels range from 30 to 55%. Offers customized products, such as added color and acid scavengers, to CBA See Capital Builder Account. .
EPIcor, a superior nucleating agent for direct-gassed processes, offers better dispersion and physical properties, faster cycle times and extrusion rates, higher gas volumes, smooth surfaces, fine cell structure with thick skins and consistent results.
Furnishes POLYcor endothermic/exothermic hybrid chemical foaming agent compounded into one pellet. A structural foam molding grade aimed at thick-section parts where sink is a problem. Combines surface property benefits of EPIcor and higher gas pressure typical of exothermic products along, with fast degassing and part paintability. Grades available which provide finer cell structures and smoother surfaces compared to exothermic products.
Furnishes Expancel expandable thermoplastic microspheres used as blowing agents in systems where heat between 200-400 F is available. Micro-spheres are white, spherically formed particles. The thermoplastic shell encapsulates a gas and, when heated, softens. Increased vapor pressure results in expansion of the sphere. Expansion factor is 40-60 times the original volume. Other features include defined pore size, closed-cell structure, and a suede surface. Alternative grades and particle sizes available. Suitable as a blowing agent in latex, plastisols, elastomers, thermosets thermosets, materials that can not be softened on heating. In thermosetting polymers, the polymer chains are joined (or cross-linked) by intermolecular bonding. Thermosets are usually supplied as partially polymerized or as monomer-polymer mixtures. and thermoplastics.
FERRO CORP., PLASTICS COLORANTS & DISPERSIONS DIV.
Offers Spectrafio liquid chemical blowing-agent dispersions. Specialty is activating or modifying a material to suit a particular requirement. One example is a nonactivated, modified ABFA-type designed specifically for ABS foam-core pipe. Other developments include blowing agents to be used as nucleating agents in conjunction with nitrogen.
Blowing-agent concentrates are offered for all GE structural-foam resins. Lexan FL-C95 concentrate is specially tailored for molding foamable Lexan polycarbonate resin; Noryl FN-C20 concentrate is for molding foamable Noryl PPE alloys; Valox FV-C60/65 concentrate is for molding foamable Valox thermoplastic polyesters.
HARWICK CHEMICAL CORP.
Offers azodicarbonamide-based blowing agents in various plasticizers, which can be used to foam acrylics, EVA Eva
to marry winner of singing contest. [Ger. Opera: Wagner, Meistersinger, Westerman, 225–228]
See : Prize
1. Eva - A toy ALGOL-like language used in "Formal Specification of Programming Languages: A Panoramic Primer", F.G. , PE, and vinyl.
HITECH POLYMERS, INC.
Offers concentrates of blowing agents in specific polymers in pelletized form. Products may be incorporated into a variety of elastomers, engineering thermoplastics and commodity polymers.
HOECHST CELANESE CORP. SPECIALTY CHEMICALS GROUP
Polymer Additives Div. offers Hostatron endothermic foaming systems, supplied in pelletized concentrate form and based on proprietary carriers compatible with most thermoplastics. Systems are odorless, physiologically harmless, and FDA sanctioned. Hostatron Systems P1933 and P1941 are recommended for fine-celled extrusion applications such as HIPS and PP sheet. Hostatron P9947 is mainly for structural foam molding of HIPS, SMA (1) See SMA connector.
(2) (Shared Memory Architecture) See shared video memory.
(3) (Software Maintenance Association) A membership organization that began in 1985 and ended in 1996. , ABS, HDPE and PP.
KUM YANG CO., LTD LTD 1 Laron-type dwarfism 2 Leukotriene D 3 Long-term depression, see there 4. Long-term disability .
See Plastics & Chemicals, Inc.
LAROCHE CHEMICALS, INC.
Supplies fluorocarbon 11 and 12 blowing agents for foams.
LNP (Local Number Portability) The capability of keeping the same local telephone number when switching carriers. See NP and WLNP. ENGINEERING PLASTICS INC.
Two foam concentrates can be tumbled with thermoplastics for molders requiting a specific level of foaming or sink control. Foam-Kon 20 is for resins and compounds processed below 450 F, such as ABS, SAN, PP and acetal. Foam-Kon 28 is for resins processed above 450 F and is suggested for use with most nylons, PPS (Packets Per Second) The measurement of activity in a local area network (LAN). In LANs such as Ethernet, Token Ring and FDDI, as well as the Internet, data is broken up and transmitted in packets (frames), each with a source and destination address. , polysulfone, and polyether-sulfone.
Porofor ADC (1) See A/D converter.
(2) (Apple Display Connector) A peripheral connector from Apple that combines digital video display, USB and power in one cable. azodicarbonamide chemical blowing agents are for rigid and flexible vinyls, crosslinked PE foam, and other thermoplastic foams such as ABS and PS.
OTSURA CHEMICAL CO.
See Biddie Sawyer Corp.
PLASTICS & CHEMICALS, INC.
Represents Kum Yang Co., Ltd. (Korea), which produces Cellcorn chemical blowing agents. With over forty Cell-com products developed, each is formulated for virtually all rubbers and plastics, and processes including calendering, extrusion, blow molding, transfer/compression molding, plastisol, and injection molding.
PMC (1) See Portable Media Center.
(2) (PCI Mezzanine Card) A PCI-based mezzanine card that is widely adapted to VMEbus, CompactPCI and PCI cards. SPECIALTIES GROUP DIV. PMC INC.
Supplies chemical blowing agents said to produce no corrosive by-products. KemTec 500 is for nylon, polyesters, ABS and polycarbonate.
PMS (Pantone Matching System) A color matching system that has a unique number assigned to more than 500 different colors and shades. This standard for the printing industry has been built into many graphics and desktop publishing programs to ensure color accuracy. CONSOLIDATED
Offers specialty additive concentrates (solid or liquid, with or without colorants) of blowing agents and other additives.
POLYCOM HUNTSMAN INC. Supplies foaming concentrates.
Offers custom-formulated blowing-agent concentrates for thermoplastics:
* BA20T, with operating temperatures from 290 to 340 F, for EVA and LDPE.
* BA210, with operating temperatures from 350 to 400 F, for LDPE, HDPE and PS.
* BA20, with operating temperatures from 380 to 440 F, for PP, PE, PS, PPE blends and ABS.
* BA205PT, with operating temperatures from 440 to 540 F, for nylon, polyester, PC and PPE blends.
* BA2575, with recommended processing temperature of 700 F, for polymers processed at maximum blowing-agent decomposition temperatures.
QUANTUM CHEMICAL CORP.
Chemical blowing-agent pellet concentrates with loadings of 10-40%, based on exothermic, endothermic or chemically reactlye systems, are produced for injection molding, wire and cable, and other extrusion applications. Contain a proprietary system of activating, nucleating agents ensuring complete decomposition of blowing agents, provide consistently uniform cell structure, and minimize die and mold buildup problems. Exothermic systems are based on azodicarbonamide.
Supplies concentrates FM-1037-H, FM-1035-H and FM-1039-H for injection molding where weight reduction and/or sink removal is required. FM-1276H used for PS and structural foam. FM-1062-F formulated for foamed blown film. For wire and cable, FM-1253WC is used for weight reduction, and FM-1237NC where a nucleating agent is required. Concentrates are compatible with polyolefins, PVC, PS and ABS. Recommended letdown ratios vary from 40:1 to 100:1, depending on desired density reduction.
Endothermic systems are incorporated into FM-1570-H and recommended for polyolefins, PS, and modified PPE. Improved surfaces, more rapid degassing, and more uniform cell size achieved. The 1770 series, based on a chemically reactire system, offers the optimum in surface appearance, degassing and cell-size uniformity. Recommended where significant weight reduction is required.
Offers a high-temperature CBA pellet concentrate containing 5-phenyl tetra-zole and a proprietary carrier with nucleating agent. Decomposition temperature is 450-550 F and use level is 1-1.5% in PC and ABS.
REED SPECTRUM DIV. SANDOZ CHEMICALS CORP.
Offers custom-formulated blowing-agent concentrates for thermoplastic molding and extrusion. Also makes multifunctional concentrates containing both blowing agents and colorants.
REEDY INTERNATIONAL CORP.
Safoam chemical foaming agents, environmentally safe and non-toxic endothermic agents for extrusion and injection molding. Available in powders or masterbatches, Safoam improves cycle times and extrusion rates and reduces resin costs. Improves structural quality and enhances surface features/finishes.
REGENCY SALES INC.
Offers endothermic chemical blowing agent without residual mold deposits. Special formulations available for most thermoplastic materials.
RTP (1) (Rapid Transport Protocol) The protocol used in IBM's High Performance Routing (HPR) system.
(2) (Realtime Transport Protocol) An IP protocol that supports real time transmission of voice and video. CO.
Manufactures concentrates for a variety of foam resins:
* FCX FCX French Connexion (gaming site)
FCX Freeport-McMoran Copper & Gold Inc (stock symbol)
FCX Fuel Cell Experiment (Honda)
FCX Fire Coordination Exercise
FCX Fire Control Exercise 27301 for PP, PE, acetal, and nylons 11 and 12.
* FCS FCS - Frame Check Sequence 27310 for nylon 6, 66 and 612, PBT PBT Provider Backbone Transport (networking technology adding determinism to ethernet)
PBT Polybutylene Terephthalate
PBT Profit Before Tax
PBT Paper Based Test (education) and PET.
* FCX 27312 for PC and its alloys.
* FCX 27314 for PS, ABS and SAN.
A. SCHULMAN INC.
Polybatch additive concentrates include different carriers and other additives as required.
SPECTRUM COLORS, INC.
Compounds blowing agents for specific color/polymer blends and FDA applications in powder and liquid concentrates. Color Flo liquids come with blowing agent alone or with color and other additives.
STANCHEM A BUSINESS UNIT OF MCI (1) (Media Control Interface) A high-level programming interface from Microsoft and IBM for controlling multimedia devices. It provides commands and functions to open, play and close the device.
(2) (Microwave Communications Inc. , INC.
Distributes broad line of azo-based chemical blowing agents manufactured by Dong Jin Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. in Korea. Products include:
* Unicell D--Azodicarbonamide in particle sizes from 2 to 25 microns.
* Unicell DX--Multiple grades of modified azo for medium and low temperatures.
* Unicell D300 SD--Modified azo for self-dispersing applications.
* Unicell NP--Modified azos for nucleating, nonplating applications in injection molding and extrusion.
* Unicell FF--Modified azos for injection molding, said to inhibit undesirable by-products and die build-up during processing.
* Unicell OH--Oxybis-benzene sulfonyl sul·fo·nyl
The bivalent radical SO2. Also called sulfuryl. hydrazide for LLDPE LLDPE Linear Low Density Polyethylene , PVC, and plastisols.
* Unicell TSH--Toluene solfonyl hydrazide for polyester, PVC and cellular rubber.
* Unicell AD--Modified azo mixture for EVA and other elastomers.
* Unicell TS--Toluene sulfonyl semi-carbazide for high temperatures.
SYNTHETIC PRODUCTS CO. SYNPRO-WARE DISPERSIONS
Supplies concentrated dispersions of organic blowing agents or sodium bicarbonate. Products are said to ensure uniform cell structure.
TEKNOR COLOR CO. SUB. OF TELNOR TELNOR Telefonos del Noroeste APEX CO.
Manufactures blowing-agent concentrates in solid and liquid forms and as part of a multifunctional color concentrate, Ultracolor, which is a special high-loading concentrate of blowing agent/colorant for letdown ratios up to 100:1.
Thermofoam line of foam concentrates for most thermoplastics includes:
* Thermofoam I for styrenic and poly-olefin resins.
* Thermofoam II for nylons, TP polyesters, and other resins with processing temperatures of 405-600 F.
* Thermofoam III for nylons and TP polyesters at higher concentrations for structural foam.
* Thermofoam VI, which contains a non-ammonia-releasing chemical blowing agent, specifically for use in modified-PPE.
UNIROYAL CHEMICAL CO., INC.
Celogen family of azodiacarbonamide-type chemical blowing agents includes products that can foam plastics at temperatures from 200-650 F:
* Celogen AZRV and AZ 3990 for extruded profiles (rigid and flexible PVC, ABS and high-impact PS).
* Celogen AZ 130 for pipe (rigid PVC, ABS, HDPE and PP).
* Celogen AZNP 130 for sheet (ABS, HDPE, and rigid and flexible PVC).
* Celogen AZ 760A for wire and cable (LDPE, HDPE, PP, flexible PVC and thermoplastic rubber).
* Celogen AZNP 130, RA for injection molding and structural foam (EVA, LDPE, HDPE, PP, HIPS, ABS, TP rubber, acetal, flexible and rigid PVC, modified-PPE, nylon, TP polyester, PC and polysufone).
* Celogen AZ 3990 for rotational and expansion casting (LDPE, HDPE, PP, PVC, ABS, and PVC plastisols and calendering).
* Celogen AZ 754, a formulated azo used traditionally in rubber, can be used in extruding skinned, flexible PVC and TP elastomers.
* Celogen XP-100, a proprietary sulfone sulfone /sul·fone/ (sul´fon)
1. the radical SO2.
2. a compound containing two hydrocarbon radicals attached to the —SO2— group, especially dapsone and its derivatives, which are potent antibacterials effective hydrazide powder relatively safe to use, requiring no special equipment for spray-up of unsaturated (thermoset A polymer-based liquid or powder that becomes solid when heated, placed under pressure, treated with a chemical or via radiation. The curing process creates a chemical bond that, unlike a thermoplastic, prevents the material from being remelted. See thermoplastic. ) polyesters and vinyl esters. Can be mixed with resin in advance and reacts with standard MEK peroxides in the presence of cobalt and copper promoters. Foaming, gelling and curing takes place within 1-2 min.
* Celogen OT 4,4 oxybis (benzenesulfonehydrazide), used for LDPE coaxial cables and elastomer-resin blends in pipe insulation and sporting goods. Yields nondiscoloring, odorless products and is nontoxic and suitable for FDA-regulated applications. Operating range is 260-300 F.
Expandex tetrazoles supplied for high-melting thermoplastics such as nylon, ABS, polycarbonate, acetal, PPS, SAN and PPE-based resins. Expandex 5-PT has an operating range of 464-482 F; and Expandex 175, 720-730 F.
See Quantum Chemical Corp.
WASHINGTON PENN PLASTIC CO.
PE-8FC foam concentrates are for dry blending with ABS, acrylic, EVA, HDPE, LDPE, PP, and impact PS.
WILSON COLOR INC. A UNIT OF M.A. HANNA CO.
Wil-Foam chemical blowing agent concentrates offered for vinyls, polyole-fins, styrenics, acrylics, polyesters and nylons.
Generic types available in custom-made, multicomponent concentrates that are said to feature high concentration, maximum potency, and excellent dispersion. CBA concentrates offered for wire and cable, fibers, film, sheet, custom extrusions, injection/blow molded parts, and structural foam.