Blowing agents.AMERICHEM INC.
Custom-formulated concentrates for most thermoplastics can include a nontoxic blowing agent for food-contact applications and can contain color and other additives. Super-cell modified azo compounds reportedly permit improved control of gas generation.
LDPE-based foaming-agent concentrates specially designed for thin blown, cast, or coextruded films. Grade 10123 is for LDPE LDPE
low-density polyethylene , HDPE HDPE
high-density polyethylene or PP homopolymers. Universal 10349 concentrate is for engineering resins, polar or nonpolar nonpolar
not having poles; not exhibiting dipole characteristics. .
ATOFINA CHEMICALS, INC. ORGANIC CHEMICALS DIV.
Isotron line of HCFCs HCFCs: see chlorofluorocarbons. used as physical blowing agents for PUR, PS, and PE.
BAYER POLYMERS LLC
Porofor ADC (1) See A/D converter.
(2) (Apple Display Connector) A peripheral connector from Apple that combines digital video display, USB and power in one cable. azodicarbonamide chemical blowing agents for rigid and flexible vinyls, crosslinked PE foam, ABS, and PS.
Foamazol chemical blowing agents for use in most application such as structural foam, wire and cable, profile and sheet, blown and extruded films, blow molded containers, injection molding, and PP ribbon extrusion. Production offered in 100% active free-flowing powders and pelletized maasterbatches. Endothermic endothermic /en·do·ther·mic/ (-ther´mik) characterized by or accompanied by the absorption of heat.
en·do·ther·mic or en·do·ther·mal
1. and exothermic exothermic /exo·ther·mic/ (-ther´mik) marked or accompanied by evolution of heat; liberating heat or energy.
ex·o·ther·mic or ex·o·ther·mal
1. formulations available as well as blends. Masterbatches in a range of base resins for improved compatibility with resins such as PP, PE, copolymers, PS, PPE, ABS and PVC PVC: see polyvinyl chloride.
in full polyvinyl chloride
Synthetic resin, an organic polymer made by treating vinyl chloride monomers with a peroxide. . Processing temperatures from 300-500 F. Custom formulations available.
BIDDLE SAWYER CORP.
Distributes azodicarbonamide products from Otzuka Chemical Co. of Japan for producing foams from PVC, PE, PP, EVA Eva
to marry winner of singing contest. [Ger. Opera: Wagner, Meistersinger, Westerman, 225–228]
See : Prize
1. Eva - A toy ALGOL-like language used in "Formal Specification of Programming Languages: A Panoramic Primer", F.G. and rubber. Newest line is Azofoam Ultra, which has superior dispersibility, very low dusting, and does not cake. In addition to these exothermal exothermal /exo·ther·mal/ (ek?so-ther´mal) exothermic.
marked or accompanied by the evolution of heat; liberating heat or energy. products, a separate line of endothermal endothermal /en·do·ther·mal/ (-ther´mal) endothermic.
1. characterized by the absorption of heat.
2. pertaining to endothermy. blowing agents is available. OBSH, TSSC TSSC Triumph Sports Six Club
TSSC Threatened Species Scientific Committee
TSSC Toyota Supplier Support Center
TSSC Technical Support Services Contract
TSSC Training System Support Center
TSSC Telluride Ski and Snowboard Club and TSH TSH thyroid-stimulating hormone; see thyrotropin.
Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) also available.
BRENNTAG CANADA INC.
Distributes azo-based chemical blowing agents from Dong Jin Chemical Industry Co. in Korea:
* Unicell D azodicarbonamide in particle sizes from 2 to 25 microns.
* Unicell DX multiple grades of modified azo for moderate and low foaming temperatures.
* Unicell D300 SD modified azo for self-dispersing applications.
* Unicell NP modified azos for nucleating, nonplating applications in injection molding and extrusion.
* Unicell FF modified azos for injection molding inhibit undesirable byproducts and die build-up.
* Unicell OH oxybis-benzene sulfonyl sul·fo·nyl
The bivalent radical SO2. Also called sulfuryl. hydrazide hy·dra·zide
An acyl derivative of hydrazine.
A compound formed by combining hydrazine with an acyl compound. Hydrazides are important in the manufacture of certain medicines. for LLDPE LLDPE Linear Low Density Polyethylene , PVC, and plastisols.
* Unicell TSH toluene toluene (tōl`yēn') or methylbenzene (mĕth'əlbĕn`zēn), C7H8 sulfonyl hydrazide for polyester, PVC, and rubber.
* Unicell AD modified azo mixture for EVA and other elastomers.
* Unicell TS toluene sulfonyl semi-carbazide for high foaming temperatures.
Dry powders or compounding of blowing agent masterbatches from 25 lb to truckloads in all resin systems and additives combined with colorants to provide multifunctional concentrates.
CINCINNATI SPECIALTIES GROUP DIV. PMC INC.
Chemical blowing agents reportedly produce no corrosive by-products. KemTec 500 is for nylon, polyester, ABS, and PC.
CLARIANT CORP. PIGMENTS & ADDITIVES DEPT dept department .
Business Unit Additives Masterbatches offers full range of Hydrocerol endothermic foaming agents. Exocerol exothermic and exothermic/endothermic chemical foaming agents, and Activex sink mark removers and cell stabilizers for wide range of thermoplastics.
CROMPTON CORP. OLEFINS & STYRENICS
Celogen/Expandex family of azodicarbonamide and tetrazole Tet`raz´ole
n. 1. (Org. Chem.) A crystalline acid substance,
* Celogen AZ-120, 130, 140, 150, 180, 199 unmodified azodicarbonamides for PVC plastisols, food applications, sink mark elimination in molded PE, PP, HIPS, ABS, TPO/TPE, TPU, TPR TPR
1. temperature, pulse, respiration.
2. total peripheral resistance.
TPR 1 Temperature, pulse, respiration 2 Third-party reimbursement, see there 3. Total pulmonary resistance . Suitable for some FDA-regulated applications.
* Celogen R-9370, AZ-1901, AZ-1901-C for crosslinked, low-density polyolefin foams.
* Celogen AZRV for extruded rigid PVC pipe, profiles, and sheet.
* Celogen AZNP-130 for molded and extruded HDPE, ABS, HIPS, PPO/PPE, TPO/TPE, TPU, TPR; Santoprene and Sarlink. Suitable for some FDA-regulated applications.
* Celogen AZ-760-A for polyolefin wire and cable compounds (HDPE, PP). Suitable for some FDA-regulated applications.
* Celogen AZ-2990 and 3990 for vinyl plastisols and rotational molding of LDPE, LLDPE, MDPE MDPE Medium Density Polyethylene
MDPE Mobile Dual-Phase Extraction (technique for environmental cleaning)
MDPE Mobile Dual-Phase Extraction (USA)
MDPE Maximum Permissible Dose Equivalent , HDPE, PP and PVC plastisols. Suitable for some FDA-regulated applications. Flow-treated for ease of dispersion.
* Celogen 754-A activated azodicarbonamide for molded and extruded flexible PVC, TPO, TPE, and TPU.
* Celogen 765-A activated azodicarbonamide for PVC sound-deadening materials and low-temperature TP elastomers.
* Celogen 780 activated azodicarbonamide for lower processing temperature polymers.
* Celogen RA semicarbazide for molded and extruded PP, ABS, HIPS, and PPO/PPE.
* Celogen OT (OBSH) hydrazide for LDPE insulated coaxial cables, vinyl plastisols, screen-printing inks, rotational molded PE and EVA, and elastomer-resin blends in pipe insulation and sporting goods; non-discoloring, odorless, and suitable for some FDA-regulated applications.
* Celogen TSH low-temperature hydrazide generates gas at 250 F.
* Celogen XP-100 proprietary sulfone sulfone /sul·fone/ (sul´fon)
1. the radical SO2.
2. a compound containing two hydrocarbon radicals attached to the —SO2— group, especially dapsone and its derivatives, which are potent antibacterials effective for use with spray-up applications of thermoset polyester foams; reacts with standard MEKP MEKP Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxide peroxides in the presence of copper and cobalt promoters.
* Celogen SD dispersions in plasticizer or epoxidized soybean oil with one of two azo particle sizes, with and without activator.
* Expandex tetrazoles for high-melting thermoplastics such as PC, nylon, thermoplastic polyesters (PET, PBT), ABS alloys, PPE/PPO alloys, PPS (Packets Per Second) The measurement of activity in a local area network (LAN). In LANs such as Ethernet, Token Ring and FDDI, as well as the Internet, data is broken up and transmitted in packets (frames), each with a source and destination address. , and polysulfone; Expandex 5-PT has a foaming range of 464 F and higher.
Cylacell is a predictable, environmentally safe, and equipment-friendly inorganic sodium silicate endothermic blowing agent for thermoplastics, rubber, silicone, and thermoset polyester bulk molding compounds. It contains bound water, which causes particles to expand into closed-cell spheres at temperatures above 300 F. Fume- and odor-free, it will not discolor dis·col·or
v. dis·col·ored, dis·col·or·ing, dis·col·ors
To alter or spoil the color of; stain.
To become altered or spoiled in color. resins or postblow. Molded parts do not exhibit outgassing Outgassing (sometimes called "Offgassing," particularly when in reference to indoor air quality) is the slow release of a gas that was trapped, frozen, absorbed or adsorbed in some material. , and painting can be done immediately.
Compared with some fluorocarbon fluorocarbon /flu·o·ro·car·bon/ (floor´o-kahr?b?n) any of the class of organic compounds consisting of carbon and fluorine only. , hydrocarbon, or other liquid physical foaming agents, Cylacell reportedly can show improved cell structure, lighter foam densities, and sometimes higher flame retardancy and smoke suppression. It can also obviate the need for nucleating agents. Tests have shown that Cylacell can increase useful life of foams by eliminating any potentially reactive blowing-agent byproducts that can degrade elastomers.
DOW CHEMICAL CO.
Methylene chloride urethane grade is a modified methylene chloride for flexible PUR slabstock foam. Contains an inhibitor that minimizes foam oxidation and scorching. Can be used as sole auxiliary blowing agent. Reportedly offers high volatility, low flammability, low raw-material and handling costs, and low toxicity and is said to be non-polluting.
For PS foam sheet, Dow licenses technology for using 100% [CO.sub.2] to produce foam sheet in thicknesses up to 1/4 in. and densities comparable to those produced with hydrocarbon or HCFC-22 blowing agents (2-10 pcf). It requires retrofitting of existing extrusion lines.
DUPONT CO. CHEMICALS DEPT.
Line of fluorochemical fluor·o·chem·i·cal
A chemical compound containing fluorine, especially a fluorocarbon. blowing agents includes Formacel Z-2 (HFC-152a), FDA FDA
Food and Drug Administration
n.pr See Food and Drug Administration.
n.pr the abbreviation for the Food and Drug Administration. approved for use in PS food service and packaging foams; Formacel S (HCFC-22) used in closed-cell polyurethane and polyisocyanurate foams; and Formacel Z-4 (HFC-134a) for polyurethane systems and appliance foams, and in PS insulating board.
ENDEX ENDEX European Energy Derivatives Exchange N.V.
ENDEX End of Exercise
ENDEX Environmental Data Index
ENDEX exercise termination (US DoD) INTERNATIONAL
Endex endothermic chemical foaming and nucleating agents, and endothermic/ exothermic synergistic hybrids for thermoplastic foams generate fine closed-cell structures. Products improve flow, compatibilize mixed/cycled polymers, reduce molding cycle or increase extrusion rates, and are used for sink mark elimination and improved weld-line strength.
Endex ABC ABC
in full American Broadcasting Co.
Major U.S. television network. It began when the expanding national radio network NBC split into the separate Red and Blue networks in 1928. 2750, a 50% active pelletized endothermic chemical foaming agent, is compatible with almost all thermoplastic polymers, including commodity polymers, engineering polymers such as ABS, acetal, PC, modified PPO/PPE, and polyolefin elastomers.
Endex ABC 100, a 100% active powder endothermic chemical foaming agent is also an effective nucleating agent in physical foaming processes.
Endex PBS PBS
in full Public Broadcasting Service
Private, nonprofit U.S. corporation of public television stations. PBS provides its member stations, which are supported by public funds and private contributions rather than by commercials, with educational, cultural, 2610 and Endex PBS 2625 concentrates designed for use in engineering polymers, which are moisture sensitive such as PET and PC. Products may be used in extrusion or injection molded structural foam for weight reduction, and also to remove problem sink marks. The combination of low use levels, typically 0.5-2%, and good physical property retention in the finished part, make these products very cost effective.
Endex 1040 is a concentrate based on OBSH in PE carrier resin. It is designed for use in the processes using temperatures in the range 150C to 175C (300F to 350F). It produces very fine cell structures, with a combination of carbon dioxide and nitrogen gases.
exocrine pancreatic insufficiency. ENVIRONMENTAL PLASTICS INC.
Endothermic, exothermic, and endothermic/exothermic chemical blowing agents in powders and resin concentrates. Concentrates come with compatible resin carriers for polyolefins, PS, ABS, PPO PPO
preferred provider organization
PPO Managed care Preferred provider organization, see there Infectious disease Pleuropneumonia-like organism, see there , PPE, PET, PVC, nylon, and PC. Concentrate activity levels from 30% to 70%.
EPIcor endothermic chemical blowing and nucleating agents reportedly offer better dispersion and physical properties, faster cycle times and extrusion rates, higher gas volumes, smooth surfaces, and fine cell structure with thick skins.
EPIcell exothermic chemical agents include OBSH concentrates, azodicarbonamide, and non-plateout grades.
POLYcor endothermic/exothermic hybrid chemical blowing agent is compounded in one pellet. Offered in structural-foam molding grades for high-temperature resins such as PPO, PC, and PC/ABS PC/ABS Polycarbonate/Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene alloys. POLYcor combines surface property benefits of EPIcor and higher gas pressure typical of EPIcell along with fast degassing and part paintability. Various grades provide finer cell structures and smooth surfaces.
Expancel expandable thermoplastic microspheres used as blowing agents in systems heated to 200-400 F. Microspheres are white, spherical polymeric particles. Thermoplastic shell encapsulates a gas and softens when heated, allowing expansion from the increased internal vapor pressure. Expansion factor is 40-60 times the original volume. Other features include defined cell size, closed-cell structure. Suitable as a blowing agent in plastisols, elastomers, thermosets, and thermoplastics.
FERRO CORP. LIQUID COATINGS & DISPERSIONS DIV.
Spectraflo liquid chemical exothermic and endothermic blowing-agent dispersions produce higher volumes of nitrogen gas per unit of additive than conventional blowing agents while improving structural uniformity and processing control. They are said to improve sink mark removal and reduce weight while preserving structural properties of ABS, LDPE, HDPE, and PP parts injection molded and extruded/coextruded.
Endothermic formulations require no "gas-off" period, allowing painting of parts immediately after molding. Custom formulations available to gas-off at spcific temperatures. Liquid vehicle reportedly allows higher loading of active ingredients than is possible with solid carriers.
HARWICK CHEMICAL MFG. CORP.
Azodicarbonamide-based blowing agents in various plasticizers for foam acrylics, EVA, PE, and vinyl.
HITECH POLYMERS, INC.
Pelletized concentrates of blowing agents can be incorporated into a variety of elastomers, engineering thermoplastics, and commodity polymers.
LAROCHE INDUSTRIES INC.
HCFC-14lb environmentally improved blowing agent for rigid polyurethane foam. Replaces CFC-11 in foam blowing, and CFC-11 and CDC-113 in approved solvent applications.
LNP ENGINEERING PLASTICS INC. SUB. OF GE PLASTICS
Foam concentrates include Foam-Kon 20 for resins processed below 450 F, such as ABS, SAN, PP and acetal; and Foam-Kon 28 for resins processed above 450 F, such as nylons, PPS, polysulfone, and polyethersulfone.
POLYCHEM ALLOY, INC.
PolyFoam Expancel MB masterbatch contains 40% physical blowing agent, eliminating the need for modifying an existing extruder for injection molded parts. The agent does not escape through molten PE or PP, thus achieving a homogeneously dispersed 100% close cell foam part.
POLYONE CORP. DISTRIBUTION GROUP
Wil-Foam chemical blowing-agent concentrates (solid or liquid) for vinyls, polyolefins, styrenics, acrylics, polyesters, and nylons. Custom-made, multicomponent concentrates feature high concentration and superior dispersion. Also concentrates, which can contain colors and other additives, for wire and cable, fibers, film, sheet, profile extrusions, injection and blow molding, and structural foam.
Custom-formulated blowing-agent concentrates for thermoplastics:
* BA20T for EVA and LDPE foamed at 290 to 340 F.
* BA210 for LDPE, HDPE, and PS foamed at 350 to 400 F.
* BA20 for PP, PE, PS, PPE alloys, and ABS foamed at 380 to 440 F.
* BA205PT for nylon, polyester, PC, and PPE alloys foamed at 440-540 F.
* BA2575 for high-temperature polymers foamed at 700 F.
Endothermic chemical-foaming agent concentrates available using a variety of polymeric carriers to generate [CO.sub.2] foam structures in extrusion and injection molded applications. When used at low levels, the product, called polyFoam, produces a fine gas bubble size that reduces part weight and improves dimension tolerance in thick-walled parts.
REEDY INTERNATIONAL CORP.
Safoam endothermic chemical nucleating and blowing agents for thermoplastics produced from natural materials and reportedly environmentally safe and nontoxic. Available as free-flowing powders or concentrates. Fast outgassing concentrates in various activity levels contain special carrier resins that improve melt flow, tensile strength, and impact properties in extrusion and injection molding. Help to decrease weight and improve process cycle time. A microcellular structure is created that reduces internal stress, eliminates sink marks, improves surface finish, and cools faster.
Compatible thermoplastics include ABS, PS, EVA, HDPE, LDPE, and PPO/PPE alloys. Also grades for flexible and rigid PVC and moisture-sensitive resins such as nylon, PET, PC, and PC/ABS blends. Cost savings have been reported in the munufacture of PVC and ABS foam pipe, using Safoam concentrates.
In partnership with Genpak Corp., licenses a foam sheet extrusion process that reportedly meets current and future global emission requirements without major equipment changes or compromises in product quality, density, or production rates. Technology is specially designed to replace CFCs and HCFCs in production of PS foam food packaging.
REGENCY SALES, INC.
Endothermic chemical blowing agent does not leave residual mold deposits. Special formulations available.
A. SCHULMAN, INC.
Polybatch additive concentrates include different carriers and other additives as required.
SPARTECH COLOR CONCENTRATES & ADDITIVES
Supplies foaming concentrates.
TEKNOR COLOR CO. DIV. OF TEKNOR APEX CO.
Chemical blowing-agent dispersions in concentrates, liquids, or dry-powders. Up to 12.5% azo and hydrazide active ingredients in a universal carrier permit letdowns from 100:1 to 40:1. Suitable for injection molding and extrusion of all polyolefins and styrenics.