Bill Gates Keynotes CES 2000.
Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT MSFT Microsoft (stock symbol)
MSFT Movimento Sociale Fiamma Tricolore (Italy)
MSFT Multi-Stage Fitness Test
MSFT Master of Science in Family Therapy
MSFT Macalester Students for Fair Trade ) will host the following press activities for CES 2000 in Las Vegas Las Vegas (läs vā`gəs), city (1990 pop. 258,295), seat of Clark co., S Nev.; inc. 1911. It is the largest city in Nevada and the center of one of the fastest-growing urban areas in the United States. , Jan. 5-9, 2000. For a listing of events and activities at CES 2000 related to Microsoft, members of the press may visit the Microsoft(R) Web site at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/events/ces2000.
Bill Gates (person) Bill Gates - William Henry Gates III, Chief Executive Officer of Microsoft, which he co-founded in 1975 with Paul Allen. In 1994 Gates is a billionaire, worth $9.35b and Microsoft is worth about $27b. Keynote -- "The New Millennium"
When: Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2000, 7 p.m. PST PST Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia, see there
Where: Las Vegas Hilton The Las Vegas Hilton is a hotel, casino, and convention center in Las Vegas, Nevada. It is a joint venture between Colony Capital, which owns 60 percent, and New York City-based REIT Whitehall Street Real Estate Funds, which owns the remaining 40 percent. Theater
Bill Gates, chairman and CEO (1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board. of Microsoft, will highlight the company's vision of how the home of today and the future will deliver to consumers their own music, books, entertainment and communications, whether at home or on the go.
CES 2000 press-badge holders may enter the room beginning at 6:15 p.m. Photographers are requested to limit the use of flashes to the first minute of the keynote. No television cameras will be permitted into the keynote address. Broadcasters wishing to record the speech will need a record deck to plug into the audio-video multiplex box. A live satellite feed of the speech will be available on KU-Band Telstar 4 Transponder 10A.
Post-Keynote Press Reception
Executives from Microsoft and its industry partners will be available to speak with members of the press at a reception in the Las Vegas Hilton Nightclub at 8:30 p.m., following the keynote address. All members of the press with valid credentials are welcome at this event. Microsoft requests that no recording equipment or cameras be brought to the reception.
Craig Mundie Address -- "How We Get to the Future of Consumer Computing"
When: Thursday, Jan. 6, 2000, 3 p.m. PST
Where: Las Vegas Convention Center The Las Vegas Convention Center is owned and operated by the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority and is located in Clark County, Nevada. It is one of the largest Convention centers in the world. At the end of 2004, the center had 3. , Room N253
Craig Mundie, senior vice president of Consumer Strategy at Microsoft, will address the convention on "How We Get to the Future of Consumer Computing," describing how Microsoft and its industry partners have successfully taken the lead in offering products, technology and services designed to enhance people's lives at home, at work and during transit.
Microsoft Show Booth 626
Microsoft and its industry partners will host the Microsoft Home and On-the-Go Avenue exhibit located in the Las Vegas Convention Center, Booth 626. Escorted booth tours are available to members of the press, and representatives from Microsoft will be available to answer questions. To highlight how the company's vision is becoming reality, Microsoft has built a neighborhood depicting the types of activities now possible so visitors can experience firsthand how Microsoft is bringing it all together to enhance entertainment, information and productivity.
Microsoft Press Room 1058
The Microsoft press room will be located in the Las Vegas Convention Center, Room 1058. Because of space limitations this room is reserved for members of the press working on coverage related to Microsoft. Members of the press and analysts are invited to stop by with questions or to obtain a press kit.
Press room hours are as follows:
-- Thursday, Jan. 6, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
-- Friday, Jan. 7, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
-- Saturday, Jan. 8, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
-- Sunday, Jan. 9, Press room closed
NOTE: Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corp. in the United States and/or other countries.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
NOTE TO EDITORS: If you are interested in viewing additional information on Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft Web page at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/ on Microsoft's corporate information pages.
CONTACT: press only, Rapid Response Team of Waggener Edstrom, 503-443-7000, or firstname.lastname@example.org, for Microsoft Corp.