Bikala's jockey Gorli dies at 50.
Gorli rose to prominence in the early 1980s alongside fellow apprentices Gerald mosse Mosse may refer to:
- Bartholomew Mosse, Irish surgeon and founder of the Rotunda Hospital
- Markus Mosse, German physician
- Hans Lachmann-Mosse, German publisher
His greatest success came in the 1981 Prix du Jockey Club The Prix du Jockey Club is a Group 1 flat horse race in France for three-year-old thoroughbred colts and fillies. It is raced over a distance of 2,100 meters (approximately 1 mile 2½ furlongs) at Chantilly Racecourse in early June. at the age of 18 on Bikala, while he also enjoyed a fruitful association with future Arc winner All Along.
Unlike Biancone's other 'musketeers', Gorli fought and lost a battle with the scales and quit the saddle barely three years after his Classic success.
Boeuf told Jour de Galop gal·op also gal·o·pade or gal·lo·pade
1. A lively dance in duple time, popular in the 19th century.
2. The music for this dance. : "I don't just say this because he's no longer with us, but among the four of us Serge was the most talented. He was the first to go out and show us how to beat Yves Saint-martin and Freddy Head."