Best2Buy: the best training programs of 2004.
"Our industry's equivalent of the Oscars." --CLARK ALDRICH
Training Media Review has announced its Best2Buy winners for 2004. All of the products were evaluated during 2004 and received 4 stars, TMR's highest rating, from independent reviewers. The Best2Buy media categories are the most comprehensive in the training industry: online content, online technology, print, software, and video. In addition, TMR TMR
total mixed ration.
TMR 1 Trainable mentally retarded 2 Transmyocardial revascularization, see there recognizes a track record of achievement in training with its Editor's Choice award.
Training Media Review has been evaluating training products for 12 years. It has always adhered to the belief that the best evaluators of training products are the people who use them: training professionals. TMR's expert reviewers are experienced professionals in training and allied fields. Most have been reviewing training products for years.
All of the Best2Buy products have received four-star four-star
Of superlative quality: a four-star restaurant. ratings from regular reviewers. Their judgment is more seasoned and neutral than judges for one-time one-time
1. or one·time
a. Occurring or undertaken only once: a one-time winner in 1995.
b. events and shoolouts. In those contests, awards HAVE to be handed out, and judges are under implicit pressure to award them. In fact, a large percentage of products submitted for annual contests receive some kind of award.
Training Media Review does not have to give out anything, AND we don't don't
1. Contraction of do not.
2. Nonstandard Contraction of does not.
A statement of what should not be done: a list of the dos and don'ts. set a predetermined pre·de·ter·mine
v. pre·de·ter·mined, pre·de·ter·min·ing, pre·de·ter·mines
1. To determine, decide, or establish in advance: number of products to receive recognition. Training Media Review never charges producers a fee to have their products considered. Some of the largest and best-known Adj. 1. best-known - most familiar or renowned; "Stevenson's best-known work is probably `Treasure Island'"
known - apprehended with certainty; "a known quantity"; "the limits of the known world"; "a musician known throughout the world"; "a known criminal" annual awards in training and related fields take in hefty heft·y
adj. heft·i·er, heft·i·est
1. Of considerable weight; heavy.
2. Rugged and powerful. See Synonyms at heavy.
3. fees from vendors and thereby--at least in our judgment--set up a conflict of interest. It is no wonder that so many products in these events go home with some kind of prize.
The Best2Buy article is available on the Training Media Review website at this url: http://www.tmreview.com/Editorial.asp?ID=1266
The article has links to the full reviews on our site, and these reviews are longer than those in this print report, including additional detail for readers who want more depth on a particular product.
EDITED BY BILL ELLET